Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kristen Stewart

+19
queenofdenile
mandalaya
curryalley
Kiran
naughty zoot
big chicken
UmaOprah
Binky
Fiammetta
Poubelle
Carrie Ann
blixie
ActonBell
Crowbridge
swsa
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Escape
slmader
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kristen Stewart - Page 2 Empty Re: Kristen Stewart

Post  naughty zoot Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:05 pm

For what it's worth, John Cusack likes to do the same thing with his girlfriends.
I thought it turned out that it was actually Jeremy Piven.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:22 pm

My boss' daughter's best friend hooked up with John Cusack when he was at one of the TIFFs several years ago. I had it straight from her. She said it was 100% true.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:39 am

swsa wrote:But she's not a child. She's a 22-year old woman who grew up in this business. It is completely within her control to decide to conduct her career in a different manner if she wants. They work for HER. So ultimately I have to assume that the insane fame level she's been pursuing for awhile now is more important to her than personal control of her career.
Yeah, this is my feeling, too. Maybe if she were only doing indies outside of Twilight (and proper independent films, not awards-baity films with pretty significant distribution deals and castmates who are even bigger names than she is), I could sort of buy it. But she not only does Twilight, she goes and picks a major budget film that the studio is clearly setting up to be a franchise if it works--which, what? It is possible to be an actor and earn a living without being a big star. (I mean, find somebody to help you manage all that Twilight money and you should be able to spend the rest of your career doing what you want.)

I loved how the "art" blogger thinks KStew's of the same generation as Kim Kardashian, despite that decade-sized age gap. And that somebody so interested in art can't name any young female celebrities who haven't been on the cover of Us Weekly lately.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:44 am

I also think its weird that those are the only contemporaries they could think of. Not like, Jennifer Lawrence or Emma Stone. Those people.

I don't particularly like her. I think she can be good in certain roles, but she wilts in big budget movies/leads and I think her outsider image is totally contrived, and I don't get why people are acting like shes some persecuted person when she is the one that cheated. However, I also don't understand the alternate of acting like her cheating was the biggest thing ever. She did a shitty thing, but at the end of the day the only person I think who she owes anything is to Pattinson.

Its just weird to me. like either people are raking her over the coals like she shot some baby kittens and kidnapped Blue Ivy Carter, or they are acting like she did something heroic and trashing the guy she cheated on. I feel like there is a middle ground there somewhere.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:38 am

Apparently it only counts as art if you're topless or something. They should put that on a T-shirt. Boobies are art!

I just really don't care about this cheating nonsense or how it affects her career or anything else. It's private, she didn't violate the love of Bella and Edward, I DON'T CARE. I care about how she is in movies, which is so far about average. And that's coming from one of the only four people in the world who actually liked the Snow White movie.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:19 pm

I am very neutral on KStew, and it's certainly not the first time anyone has ever cheated, and btw the director is actually MARRIED and seems to be getting less crap about the whole thing. However, I have followed the media coverage and public reaction (and which came first?) with concern, for precisely the reasons described in this article: "Trampire:" Why the public slut shaming of Kristen Stewart matters for young women.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Again, I'm torn. I think there's a lot of overreaction on the part of some people/fans, but I think there have also been a lot of blogs and commentaries and such that have defended her by pointing that out. So it seems to be a weird balance of the positive and negative from what I've seen. I still don't understand why she did what she did, and I guess we'll never know (unless she gets drunk/high/whatever and spouts off inappropriately to a magazine reporter again).

I've seen a lot of people saying how great she looked at the On the Road premiere in New York, but I think she looks scary thin.

By the way, Lainey is saying Kristen and Rob are definitely back together. She sounds awfully certain, but I don't know.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:54 am

. If the news people need a story to cover, what about the millions of Americans living in poverty or the real violence that happens in our streets every day, the Chicago neighborhoods so dangerous they have been compared to Iraq?
What kind of idiot expects the gossip rags to cover hard news? The last time Us Weekly and its ilk talked about Chicago murders was when Jennifer Hudson horrifically lost her family. I don't fucking want the journalistic standards of blind items applied to serious, complex problems (though if any sincerely believes my hometown is really like Iraq, I'm not too hopeful and seriously concerned about your personal prejudices). KStew got talked about by the kind of magazines that would otherwise be covering the Kardashians and which are currently cooing over Snooki's new baby. The only stories KStew preempted involved how much Tom Cruise may have been spoiling his daughter and the amount of baby weight Jessica Simpson hasn't lost. (Now if we want to talk about unnecessarily shaming women, that's where I'd start.)

And anyone who thinks there is a chance "young girls might not be paying attention to the 'War on Women' rampant in the media this year" has clearly not been paying attention to that issue AT ALL. Or even capable of Googling it. But I'm sure all the women writing op-ed pieces and contributing to sites obscure as Jezebel must've just escaped his notice. (I mean, Rush Limbaugh's "slut" comment was directly aimed at the law student--also a young woman--who was pressing the birth control issue in the first place.)

Though it would help if he stopped using "girls" and "women" interchangeably and made it clearer whether or not he was talking about actual adults. Which us ladies in our 20s are, for the record.

Though I think what really drives home Mr. Lang's point that he is "not a young woman today" is that is he acting like this is all brand new information. The whole thing just seems really patronizing to me. But hey, I guess "young women everywhere desperately needed his opinion on this issue." Thanks, Nico!

(Also LOL @ "the Jodie Foster of her generation.")
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:30 am

Its just weird to me. like either people are raking her over the coals like she shot some baby kittens and kidnapped Blue Ivy Carter, or they are acting like she did something heroic and trashing the guy she cheated on. I feel like there is a middle ground there somewhere.

Yes, to all of this. I'm not seeing much of the middle ground at all, and a friend of mind recently linked to an article called, Why I'm Glad Kristen Stewart Cheated. The thesis of the article being that it's a good thing for crazy Twihards to have their fantasies rupture so they stop having unrealistic expectations of love and blah blah blah. And I'm just thinking, "So, you're glad that these hypothetical teens won't have these unrealistic fantasies anymore, even if that means that an ACTUAL woman (Liberty Ross) was hurt and humiliated by this scandal? Nice."
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:02 am

And trust me, the majority of those girls have not had their expectations crushed. They've just moved onto "if he doesn't forgive her, that'll just prove he never really loved her". It's bizarre. Even Lainey has set it up so if they don't get back together it's because he chose his career over Kristen.

Hopefully she's just getting info from Kristen's PR team to keep the "are they, aren't they" publicity going for Breaking Dawn. Cause looking at Kristen's patterns here, I think Rob is basically where Michael Angarano was in 2009, that is clinging to Kristen, until she finds a better prospect and cuts him loose.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:44 am

I would love it if she started going out with James Franco, who is allegedly interested in her. They would make such a perfect pretentious douchebag couple.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:47 am

Women are always criticised more than men when it comes to relationship breakups and/or adultery. It doesn't matter what side she is on. Case in point, I've read as much criticism of Liberty as I have of her husband. And whilst the majority of venom does come from other women, I think women tend to cast judgement on celebrity relationships like they are a spectator sport where as men take it way more personally when women cheat or leave one relationship for another no matter the circumstances. Quite frankly, the "bitch", "whore" and "tramp" monikers are usually instigated more gleefully and judgementally manner by men, straight and gay.

Oof, Kristen looked so nervous and fragile at the TIFF premiere that my heart broke for her a bit. She looked good but I do think she should lighten her hair to the honey brown she sports in OTR and ease up on the eyeliner. Still Kristen is still a belligerent pain in the ass and a limited actress and I still don't like her at all. Still, she seems to know her limits and what roles suit her, which is half the battle. Given her money, she's the kind of person who would greatly benefit from forgoing film of all kinds for a couple of years, and if not go to uni, then spend time in theatre or on prestige TV.

Edit: As for a middle ground, there is kind of a large "who the fuck cares?" contingent. The reason why there is a dearth of stuff out there that is neutral maybe because those who do take an objective view of the sexual politics are biased against blogging about her, nor find her noteworthy in the first place because her tween fanbase has an aura of downmarket tabloid fodder.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:09 am

I'm fairly neutral on her, but this interview made me roll my eyes, especially this part:

Have you ever stolen anything?

Actually, no. I stole a pack of gum when I was younger and literally turned right around and gave it back. And he was such an asshole to me. I was like, "I should have just walked. I am being a good person." And he literally chastised me for 15 minutes. I was like, "Why did I even give this back to him?"

She really doesn't understand why a store owner or employee would berate a kid for stealing? Yes, it's great that you brought it back, but the even greater thing (that actually would have resulted in no yelling) would have been not stealing in the first place. I know kids do stupid stuff like this all the time, so I won't criticize her for that, but it seems ridiculous to be put out that someone got angry about it. Just suck it up, listen to the guy yell at you for a bit, and then don't do it again. Calling the guy an asshole makes her sound kind of awful.

I think I'm mostly annoyed by the lack of effort on her part here. It would be like if I showed up to a staff meeting and spent the whole hour twirling my hair instead of talking about what I'm working on. Does she not have a publicist?

She does look pretty in the picture that goes with the article, though.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:12 am

Yeah, not being a bad person doesn't make you a good person. Minimal standard of decency thing.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:38 am

Is there a feminine iteration of Nice Guy(TM)?

And I suppose stealing a husband doesn't really count, then?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:06 am

Well, to be fair, she gave the husband back. She was being a good person!

Yeah, the gum story speaks volumes in a weird way. I think she's very used to people praising her for things that are basic common decency. Like that one article where the reporter waxed poetic about how much he felt he knew her now because he saw her in a hallway, said he loved her in On the Road, and she said thank you. I mean, getting credit for being gracious when someone pays you a compliment is just...surreal. As surreal as expecting a pat on the head for bringing back something you stole.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:25 am

laddical wrote:Is there a feminine iteration of Nice Guy(TM)?

Good Girl?

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:53 pm

swsa wrote:Well, to be fair, she gave the husband back. She was being a good person!

Yeah, the gum story speaks volumes in a weird way. I think she's very used to people praising her for things that are basic common decency. Like that one article where the reporter waxed poetic about how much he felt he knew her now because he saw her in a hallway, said he loved her in On the Road, and she said thank you. I mean, getting credit for being gracious when someone pays you a compliment is just...surreal. As surreal as expecting a pat on the head for bringing back something you stole.
I think this can be said for a lot of celebs. Most of them get praise just for breathing, so I can see how KS thinks she deserved credit for bringing back the gum. Not that that makes it okay, but well, you know what I mean.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:15 pm

I get what you mean. They are so used to their yes men praising them for just basic human decency they want a medal for it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2