Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Hanks

+16
QueenSix
mokey75
Gillian
dinahmoe
Kiran
mayram
Cynara
Cutebutpsycho
TiffanyNichelle
laddical
maxell131313
eventide82
Rhilin
Red Wolf
vwlphb
blixie
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tom Hanks - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Hanks

Post  dinahmoe Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:22 am

I don't even... I could spend the rest of my life hugging Tom Hanks like it was my JOB. Or volunteer work. Or a hobby. Or just because, what could be more fun?
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:26 am

I automatically think this girl was trying to get in good with you to murder you. Only a murderer would hate T. Hanks.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:47 am

At the station where I used to work, one of the anchors could do a spot-on Jimmy Dugan impression. We would beg him to do a few lines from the movie sometimes when we were in commercial break. Just to let you know what local TV people do in between news blocks.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:50 am

Kiran wrote:I automatically think this girl was trying to get in good with you to murder you. Only a murderer would hate T. Hanks.

I don't like him, and I've not murdered anyone. ...yet.

I admit that it's an irrational hatred, and I don't full-on hate him anymore, but I pretty much have no use for him until he decides to make Bosom Buddies reunion. (Though his humming of the BB theme song at the end of that 30 Rock episode was fun.)
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:49 pm

mokey75 wrote:
Kiran wrote:I automatically think this girl was trying to get in good with you to murder you. Only a murderer would hate T. Hanks.

Shhh!! Don't say that kind of thing in front of Kiran. She gets...intense where T. Hanks is concerned.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:08 pm

I heard that not only does mokey hate Tom Hanks, but she looooooooves Chad Kroeger. She likes nothing more than to split a case of Labatt Blue and a few cheese platters with him when he gets off his roadie shift. In 1994.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Hey! There's joking and then there's libel, instant monkeys! Too far!!! Let me state for the record that I do NOT like anything about Chad Kroeger. Though cheese platters are always welcome.
...unless Tom Hanks is bringing them to me. :P
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:52 pm

QueenSix wrote:
mokey75 wrote:

Shhh!! Don't say that kind of thing in front of Kiran. She gets...intense where T. Hanks is concerned.

She did say only a murderer would hate T. Hanks. She didn't rule out the possibility that a murderer could love him.

What is this strange stabbing sensation in my neck.....?

ETA: Here's his appearance last week on The Colbert Report, as mentioned above. Easily one of the funniest things I've seen in weeks, and just hammers home the desire that he'd host SNL again.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:34 pm

When Tom and I are married none of you will be invited to our annual Summer Solstice Clam Bake. NONE OF YOU. This is slander.

And fyi our Clam Bake will be fabulous, Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder duet every year, so you will be missing out.

I'm totally sane.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Kiran wrote:This is slander.

I resent that!

Slander is spoken. In print it's libel.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Decca Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:48 pm

This remains one of the most delightful yet bittersweet things I've ever seen on television. He's easily my favorite at interviews.

Decca

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:27 pm

My favorite T. Hanks moment was his interview on Oprah, he and Julia Roberts, while the two of them gushed at each other for the film Larry Crowne. It was like he was watching them turn into squid or something.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:25 pm

Ha, I didn't see that but that is essentially what he did to GOOP too. I think in those situations he can't help but just be horrified by the hollywood bullshit narcissism. Like really you're going there, LORD you ARE going there.

Certainly I don't think he's without his foibles, I think he's made his share of what I call pomposity choices, stuff he just does for the money, or because he's Tom Hanks and wants to prove he CAN do it, or because Ron Howard is his friend/gave him his career, but it's so balanced by him drawing attention to the fact that an actors life/relationship with the celebrity/media is ridiculous (like refusing to just name your favorite fucking Kubrick movie already!) Renner wasn't being a dick or anything, but Hanx had no patience for even this tiny display of petulance. This is the game, play it son.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Livilla Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:54 pm

I just love Tom Hanks's 80s movies. Dragnet was on all the time in my house as a kid but my favorite performances of his are still Punchline and Big. Plus, he's a big part of the Brocktoon sketch on SNL, which is my favorite SNL sketch ever, no hyperbole. ("The nays have it. He lives. But the vote shouldn't have been that close.")

I don't know why I haven't liked any of his more recent films as much as the 80s stuff but maybe it's because, after Philadelphia, he always seemed to be taking himself so seriously on screen that I didn't find him as loveable. He's still a great interview, though. I loved the Cloud Atlas promotional thing from Colbert Report.

Livilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum