Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Films of Tarantino

+12
RiverThames
naughty zoot
Cutebutpsycho
whatthedeuce
MaddyCat
sen3
Crowbridge
Jamie
CaroJC
katesti
swsa
The Dude
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Films of Tarantino - Page 2 Empty Re: Films of Tarantino

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:28 am

Along with Amber Tamblyn, her father, Russ, was in there somewhere, but I missed him in whatever scene he was in. I really only know him as Riff from West Side Story, and it's solidified my love forever.

Jonah Hill and the entire scene he was in had me laughing my goddamn ass off! I did NOT expect that hilarity at all!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:14 pm

Russ Tamblyn was in the town Django and Schultz first ride into. Russ is credited as "Son of a Gunfighter" because he made a movie in the 60s called that, and Tarantino loves those nods. And Amber is "Daughter of a Son of a Gunfighter" because, well, she is.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Saw Django twice just this week and I want to see it a third time. I would not cut a single thing, and in some ways I actually thought it was better than Inglourious Basterds (which I also loved). I was impressed by how invested I was in Django and Broomhilda's relationship even though they had very little screentime together, and I thought the whole cast was excellent. If only the Oscars had had room for DiCaprio and Jackson in addition to Waltz.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:25 am

RiverThames wrote:Russ Tamblyn was in the town Django and Schultz first ride into. Russ is credited as "Son of a Gunfighter" because he made a movie in the 60s called that, and Tarantino loves those nods. And Amber is "Daughter of a Son of a Gunfighter" because, well, she is.
Ahh, thank you, RiverThames!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Crowbridge wrote:I didn't care for Django. While there were some things I really liked about it (DiCaprio, Waltz, and Jackson), overall, the pacing left a lot to be desired. I nearly fell asleep at a few parts. Also, I thought Jamie Foxx could have been anyone. He's a very good actor, but if it was supposed to be Django's movie, he should have done more. I felt like we hardly knew a thing about his character, and that was disappointing.

We watched this yesterday, and oh my god, yes to all of this. It was sooooo boring in parts, and then it just kept going. I kept asking my husband (who'd already seen it) when it was going to get interesting. I thought Christoph Walz was amazing, though. He was easily my favorite part of the movie. But overall, meh.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:53 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:I was wondering who was under that kerchief or whatever it was that hid her face. When they showed her in Act III, and you could really only see her eyes, it looked like Cate Blanchett to me, but I figured it was too random for Cate to be in a Tarantino movie and not do anything significant.

I was poking around online and apparently
Spoiler:
I know I kept waiting for something to happen with her character as well. She just looked so cool and mysterious.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:41 am

Agent Sculder, that would have been cool! And odd. But hey, this is Tarantino odd and gory details are to be expected.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2