Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Originals

+10
Grainne Mhaol
Heather
truecrystal
Raksha
Raised by wolves
Gallifrey Girl
blixie
Carrie Ann
xyzzy
Kiran
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Originals - Page 3 Empty Re: The Originals

Post  blixie Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:39 am

Ahhh this season is SOOO good. I'm a little biased since my friend wrote this one, but I thought it honestly kicked ass and weaved a lot disparate threads together deftly, and managed to be incredibly entertaining for what was essentially a filler episode, with minimal plot movement.

We got some great fleshing out of Marcel's character in terms of his desire and talent for leading and and wanting to be the patriarch of his own family even though he'll always be a honorary Mikaelsson.

All the brothers in one room going over familial roles and grievances, I loved Klaus forgiving Elijah if only to spite Finn. Hee. Also Finn, do not doubt that Hope and Bex are TIED for #1. TIED.

Who am I kidding though Kovina kissing made me whoo out loud. Man I'm even liking Haley isolated as she is with Jax, and I like the idea of a truth syrum making the marriage deal more complicated. I do wonder what Finn will do if he finds out about Hope, I somehow think he won't have the conviction to kill an innocent babeh, and the whole family will have to unite against Dahlia and or Dahlia and Freya.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:53 pm

Yeah, the Originals has been SO good. Which is kind of amazing considering they've been milking the New Orleans is MY city and witches vs vamps vs wolves storylines for so long. The fact that there are real stakes keeping the tension going and still untapped familial drama with Freya/Dahlia is a testament to the writers handling it all so well.

I am also shipping Kol and Davina SO HARD. Gah the pretty is unreal!

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:07 pm

Ahhh do not kill Kol show, DO NOT. He's soooo purty and entertaining and in love with Davina, but still using her because he is a duplicitous weasel. Hee. Loved his snark on Finn. "You sound like Sherlock Holmes after one too many tequilas." Finn's curse confused me, I interpreted it as sticking him in one body for the duration of his life, and being subject to a human death, and aging which he'd hate, but I guess some people think he's going to die in couple of days. That whole contemplate THIS the clock is ticking line wasn't super clear.

I do have to laugh because I think that whole drama was just one more way to delay Kolvina from killing Klaus, which has happened in almost every episode of S2. Heh. I'm also thinking they introduced Freya specifically so she can undo that curse, even IF Kol is absolute a TRAITOR whom she hates. I think she's there to put a cap on Finn's now ueber powerfulness.

The next best thing about the episode was Klaus and Rebekah's "I wanna jump your bones right now" smiles at being reunited.

Oh wolf stuff happened and I actually enjoyed it, and Phoebe Tonkin. I'm not sure that has ever happened. Like Tonkin was actually GOOD.

Can someone do us all a solid and get that damn atrocious Canadian Greys Anatomy cancelled so I get more than two minutes of Elijah an episode?

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:21 pm

The next best thing about the episode was Klaus and Rebekah's "I wanna jump your bones right now" smiles at being reunited.

Right? As far as I'm concerned Klaus Lurves Rebekah is pretty much canon since they obviously wanted to make sure nuRebekah and Klaus' chemistry had a little something extra going on.

I didn't interpret the curse to mean Kol was going to die soon because the power of the curse comes from Kol having to worry about dying eventually like a mortal. Otherwise Finn could have just killed him right then. But Kol CANNOT DIE because my goodness is he handsome and Kolvina is everything.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:12 pm

s far as I'm concerned Klaus Lurves Rebekah is pretty much canon

Heh. D's tweet for the show Monday night was:

Klebekah. Always and Forever.

So....yeah pretty much. Hee. She is very good influence on her husband, who wrote the episode last night.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:17 pm

Mikaelson family drama is the best. I don't have siblings but I totally buy that Klaus would think daggering Kol *too* is proof that he is a beloved brother. I have to give it to Joseph Morgan. He does such a great job showing all of Klaus' layers: petulance, vulnerability, charm, mischievous, gleefully evil and scary evil. I saw all of it last night in his scenes with Kol and Rebekah. Those 3 really play well off each other.

It looks like my wish of Elijah getting out of that damn farmhouse is going to come true now that it done 'sploded. I'm not convinced that's the end of Finn but as much as I love the character and actor I'm not going to be devastated if that's the case. I was getting a little bored of that same ol' vampire song so if he comes back I hope Freya adds something new to the mix. It was weird how she was there and then she...wasn't, but I guess we had to be sure to get in more werewolf wacky hijinks because I can never get enough of that. Oh wait...

The lack of Davina was glaring what with the need for a POWERFUL WITCH, but I will allow it since Kol requested that she be kept out of it so she won't find out he's dying. Because he lurves her and doesn't want her to be sad and alone. Yup, text.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:40 pm

but I guess we had to be sure to get in more werewolf wacky hijinks because I can never get enough of that. Oh wait...

but I will allow it since Kol requested that she be kept out of it so she won't find out he's dying. Because he lurves her and doesn't want her to be sad and alone. Yup, text.

Right?! I was like blah blah blah wolves, where is my Kolvina? But then I realized he knows how much she has lost in her short life and doesn't want to tell her he's gonna die on her. Oh my beautiful babies. Dammit show Un Hex a Hottie.

Srsly though I think that has to happen, and Davina will once again find herself allying with Klaus against a bigger threat to save all these other people she loves, and maybe he's more useful if still dangerous alive than dead.

Kol/Klaus/Rebekah were wonderful hashing out their issues, and having the equivalent of a supernatural group hug.

Hee Magical Baby Hope made me laugh, having to save herself since clueless Cami couldn't. Cute kid and all but man the sooner Dahlia makes off with her the better.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:10 am

You go to hell Julie Plec, you go to hell and you die! I will totally trade Cami, Tonkin, and Jackson for ONE Daniel Sharman. And and Davina did a "different" spell, and and Freya just brought Finn back soooooooo C'MON! Poor sad beautiful Kolvina.

Seriously Jackson/Haley are cute enough but I so don't care about them in the grand scheme of things. I am enjoying Cami just being a baby sitter either for Elijah or for an actual baby.

Dizzam did NuBex and Marcel have a charge too. Yay. Dramaz, Marcel, Klaus is *never* going to be having that. Ever.

Something is very wrong with Elijah, he had *five o'clock shadow* at the wedding. He is throwing shade, by sporting shade, this wedding is not worth his impeccable hygiene standards.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:28 pm

Yeah, that was so NOT COOL. I want Kol back and I want him back in that beautiful body.

Elijah's single tear of woe was a thing of beauty. I want to be in Haley's love triangle right now.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:12 pm

I am for sure confident they will bring Kol back in Daniel Sharman's body, so I wasn't that upset. More annoyed about the episodes they will make us wait for that reveal.

I think my favorite thing about Jackson/Hayley is Klaus' clear fear that the werewolves general white trashness may rub off on Hope. Like he planned and paid for a damn wedding where he was initially planning on murdering the groom after because he didn't want any November Rain bullshit in his home. Amazing.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Sharman appears to have a new pilot so I'm thinking he really,sniff, gone DAMMIT ALL TO HELL.

On the plus side, Holly Shit Balls Dahlia. She is going to be magnificent I want Aeryn to burn Klaus' soul just for giggles. And of course resurrect Nu Kol/curse Sharman's pilot. I need to see Claudia v. Sandra. This show is so so good this year.

Having said that the latest episode was kind of...eh mostly down to be a bout re-setting the table, and while I was happy to see Gia literally ruffle Elijah's tie and get down with him, it was a little abrupt, and I was so confused when she was like I thought I had THING with Marcel. You did? WHEN?

Marcel/NuBex brought good chemistry and I like where they are going with the souls of the bodies being riding fighting back for a change especially since Bex isn't that good at magic, makes sense she can't drive the bus as well as Kol/Finn/Esther.

There was also way too much Jackson/Haley and Wolf Politics. Meh. I do prefer Aidan as a character so I guess I'd like to see him unseat Jackson, but even then, I just am never going to care about the werewolves and I think they should mostly be voiceless thugs in the background or decamp out of the Quarter.

I'm not certain Freya isn't Dahlia, but it seems like if she was she just woulda snatched Hope and be on her way, I think instead Freya is really Freya and is one by one trying to use her siblings and family to save her own ass, whether by mere alliance or by sacrifice.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:42 am

I just can't stop watching this show because Elijah. His physical acting is just as mesmerizing as his voice. I'm even fine with his stupid Originals in the Past wig. I don't care about psychology blondie's rules for Klaus or Veronica Mars' boyfriend's random appearance on the show or Joker-vampire-servant-guy or any of that. I could watch Elijah pretend to not emote all day.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:21 pm

I wasn't loving this season, but the last few have won me over. It's probably too much to hope that Cami is actually dead, and OTHO I am bummed they went full romance with Cami/Klaus, but OTHO their big romantic declarations ended in one kiss and some cuddling before Cami slit her own throat(I assume Aurora compelled her), so that made me laugh really hard. She almost certainly isn't gone though and probably has Klaus' blood in her system, I'm pretty sure he gave her some when he rescued her from Aurora's undead minions.

I find myself really admiring how well written Haley/Jackson are, he went off and got pouty when he was well aware Haley had feelings for someone else, it was mostly out of convenience and duty, and that his wife had a child who is a Mikaelson. So I was glad he came around, and realized that he also wants to help them, they're a part of his pack because they are Hope/Haley's family. Someone interpreted him saving Freya as setup for them hooking up and I can't say I'm opposed to that.

Glad to see Vincent's story shifting into gear, but I'm not sure I see Tristan having Freya's Finn necklace as either smart or a threat, they'd still need a really powerful witch to have him set up shop in Vincent's bod, I don't see the kid they bought off being strong enough to do it. Plus Finn wants ALL vampires dead he'll be gunning for all his siblings who are vamps, if he can't control Vincent in what universe does he forsee Finn doing his bidding?

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:04 pm

Oooh, I'd be down with a Jackson-Freya something; I thought there was a tiny spark there. I am admittedly biased, though, since I want Haley & Elijah together like whoa.

Killing off Cami would be the best thing that happened to this show. Seriously.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum