Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee

+58
QueenSix
Author By Night
punzy
particle_person
sunni94
KaveDweller
ActonBell
Heather
skittlebox
jensa
Binky
Case
Escape
MaddyCat
Ji Xiang
Renny Sue
blixie
Muggsy
Never Enough
Unlucky Bear
Shalamar
jstilwe
choubetcha
Wilhelmina
VodouDoll
dday515
katesti
Raised by wolves
Scarlettfish
Shadowlass
Corvus
punkysdilemma
Snarryfan
naughty zoot
Caramel Coffee
pizzagirl20
Eris Rising
mrinsouciance
TiffanyNichelle
laurelin_kit
Gillian
curryalley
mialoubug
MLIS
Swarley
Instant Monkeys
Esseilte
Ceci
Poubelle
caltrask55
eventide82
RiverThames
MichiSichi
SNeaker
dionneshea
epudom
Kiran
queenofdenile
62 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Glee       - Page 11 Empty Re: Glee

Post  queenofdenile Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:44 am

I'm still holding onto the hope that the producers will read my mind and cast Lea Salonga as Blaine's mom. I'd totally watch that and not care how crappy the episode was.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:15 am

dionneshea wrote:What the eff was that? If you NEED to have rapping in the song, maybe give it to Puck or Sam or someone who can actually rap. Just an idea.
I saw someone suggest that Mark would have sounded really good on the song Rachel sang (which was mediocre pop garbage no better than those awful original songs) and that it should have been a duet. I had to laugh hard at the idea of A) Puck getting a lead in a competition number and B) It being a Puck/Rachel duet. Like the show would ever do that.

Congratulations, ND. After your triumphant win at Sectionals in which you sang classic songs and allowed everyone to have a small part, you now get to sway very very slowly in the background for one out of three contemporary pop/rap numbers while the girls that deserted you and lost get an entire number with a bunch of random background dancers.
dionneshea wrote:(Tune in to the next time Mike or Puck is shirtless, and I'm all full of hope again.)
Heh. My tiny list of the things I liked about this episode: Jeff Goldblum; Puck's shock that Schue cared that much about getting caught cheating; Puck saying he wants to graduate; Puck putting on eyeliner.

And this is why I'm still watching this damn show. For the three tiny lines he gets per episode now. And his arms in tee shirts. It's certainly not for the pod person my darling Rachel Berry has become.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:00 am

I liked that Sugar got all excited over the cheesy late-night horror film judge, just like she did the clown dude at sectionals.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:58 pm

I liked that too, mri. Sugar's probably the new character I've enjoyed the most.

The tone of this episode was aaaalll over the place. Wacky, sincere, preachy, and back again. And the car crash could not have been more telegraphed.

What the hell is going on with Sue's pregnancy? It was funny at first but it makes very little sense and considering how it was handled in the tenure episode, felt really jarring amidst the Very Special Lesson on suicide.

Music-wise, I wish they'd kept the male background vocals in Stronger. I was also surprised to hear a Young the Giant song--Glee really doesn't do that much in the indie/alt vein (I guess we got some of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs mixed in with Michael Jackson last year).
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:34 pm

Did I dream it, or isn't Burt a congressman now? Don't you have to work a ton of hours and go to your committee meetings and stuff when you're a congressman? How is his poor staff functioning without him there? Why is he always hanging around in Ohio instead of doing his job? And why is that the thing that's driven me craziest the last few weeks?

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelmina Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:02 am

During the episode, I wondered when New Directions turned into Rachel Berry & The New Directions (even harder than it did before) and where Chris Colfer and Jenna Ushkowitz were. Then I got a question stuck in my head: When was the last time Kurt sang a solo? The last one I can remember is his audition for West Side Story, but it can't have been the last one, can it?

Oh, and I also wanted to second that not all people should rap. Especially not if their name is Darren Criss. I didn't mind Naya Rivera as much. Oh, and anyone else who would have liked to see a bit more of that renaissance choir? IMO they sounded better than the Warblers or New Directions.
Wilhelmina
Wilhelmina

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:12 am

I love Darren, he's the reason I can't 100% pull myself away from this show even when I manage to get up to 90%, but his rapping makes me nostalgic for Will's rapping. Like seriously.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Look as long as it's not Artie rapping I'm fine. Seriously, like nails on a chalkboard.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:13 pm

Wilhelmina wrote:Oh, and anyone else who would have liked to see a bit more of that renaissance choir? IMO they sounded better than the Warblers or New Directions.
Me! I also loved that choir. I thought they were going to be used as a punchline so I was glad that at least they came in third. Not everyone can sing awesomely enough to pull off "I Believe I Can Fly," though, so it's fitting they didn't win. (This bumps up against a pet peeve of mine, namely: Randy on American Idol demeaning someone's singing voice by saying they should try Broadway, because they're not good enough for pop. Maybe if they're not good enough for Broadway, they should try opera, Randy.)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Wait, was that supposed to be an anti-bullying VSE or a "Don't text and drive" PSA?
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Escape Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Eris Rising wrote:Wait, was that supposed to be an anti-bullying VSE or a "Don't text and drive" PSA?

Yes.
Escape
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:24 pm

My favorite part was when Quinn bought a new boat and was two days from retirement.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:25 pm

I think the real message is that getting married as a teen will kill one of your friends.

Last season I sometimes thought that Quinn was being sacrificed at the altar of Finchel, but now it's happening LITERALLY. Though I doubt she's really dead. Still, any confirmation that Finchel is the worst, makes me pleased.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:24 pm

queenofdenile wrote:Last season I sometimes thought that Quinn was being sacrificed at the altar of Finchel, but now it's happening LITERALLY. Though I doubt she's really dead. Still, any confirmation that Finchel is the worst, makes me pleased.
Talk about making it literal. People actually referred to Quinn as Finchel roadkill. Heh heh.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:48 pm

I really didn't like this episode. Honestly, the Finchel storyline is WAY more offensive to me than the Karofsky one. At least the Karofsky story was remotely in character for him when you look at his development over the last three years. Rachel is gone. What we're left with is some shadow of herself that thinks her future happiness is dependent on being with the oaf who has no goals or dreams of his own. What the hell?

I haven't recognized Rachel in a long, long time. I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but I think I've given up on seeing Rachel be independent and strong since early season two, so even though I hate her storyline, I feel more of a dull sigh of disappointment instead of active offense. Totally see where you're coming from, though.

In terms of Karofsky, and I know I'm beating a dead gay horse here, but I don't actually have a problem with him being redeemed or getting help or becoming a nicer person. I have a problem with Kurt being a part of it, at least this early in that development. I cannot imagine how it is healthy for either Kurt OR Dave for Kurt to be Dave's main support system right now. Even if we take the kiss/gross wink/death threat/cake topper scene out of the equation - the only person Dave can go to for help is the boy he has a hopeless, misguided crush on, and Kurt is now in a situation where he can't EVER ignore one of Dave's phone calls for fear of him attempting suicide again? That just screams Bad Idea Jeans for BOTH characters.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:26 pm

It's funny, how much my response to the Karofsky material (with its substantial issues) is overshadowed by my reaction to what went on with Sebastian. Now THAT was dreadful. At least the Karofsky story had Matt Adler and Colfer doing their best for it.

It's not just that "...the only person Dave can go to for help is the boy he has a hopeless, misguided crush on..." but the sole other person he speaks to is that poorly written plot device. In a crowded bar, full of people, who are either gay or gay-friendly. (How do Sebastian and Karofsky even know each other?) Clumsy, artificial and yuck.

And SEBASTIAN is supposed to have a sympathetic change of heart? Puh. Leeze.

(Why would the faboo Gang of Four even show up to a meeting called by Sebastian? They'd have gone directly to Rachel's litigious parents, who now exist, do not pass go, do not collect sectionals trophies.)
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:24 pm

I got a chuckle from the Golden Goblets (the other school in the competition) being from Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows High School, which is also the name of the fictional convent my dad always threatened to send me to when I acted up as a kid.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:59 pm

I thought Max Adler was amazing.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Case Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:34 am

Demian brought up an important point in his recap on TWoP.
Rachel is underage,so all her equally idiotic parents have to do is refuse their consent.
The less said about Martha Dumpt..er..Dave Karofsky the better. Why couldn't they have gone all American Horror Story and actually kill him off?

Will Quinn survive? I don't know. Is Dianna Argon's contract up for renegotiation?

Last edited by Case on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Case
Case

https://www.facebook.com/case.crum

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:19 am

Sometimes Demian's recaps are too much for me, but I still giggle at all of the nicknames he uses for the characters. My favorite is Lady Lips von Bieberhausen for Sam.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:28 pm

Planning a Whitney Houston tribute episode.

Of course they are. Stay classy, Ryan Murphy.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:04 am

Huh, I formerly thought Darren Criss was a cutie, but next to the unearthly beauty that is Matt Bomer, he looked kind of lumpy and unattractive.

I will say, I'm confused by Bomer's commitment to appearing on the worst written shows on TV. I'm not sure which is better/worse, but I'd argue that Glee and White Collar are in direct competition on that level. Glee did a decent job disguising the fact that Bomer is a pretty awful dancer, though.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 am

Binky wrote:Huh, I formerly thought Darren Criss was a cutie, but next to the unearthly beauty that is Matt Bomer, he looked kind of lumpy and unattractive.
For real. He IS a Disney Prince! There was one point where I literally turned to my sister and was like, "Does Darren Criss look less cute in this episode? Is he seriously suffering from standing next to Matt Bomer?" I thought I was hallucinating. Meanly. But she saw it, too, so shallow bitchery clearly runs in the family. Sorry, Criss.

I'm not even going to touch the Quinn plot line. I can't. It's just so . . . I can't.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:28 am

Well, it doesn't help that they dress Darren like Urkel on the show. But even though he's more my type cuz I like em quirky, I cannot argue that Matt Domer is unearthly beautiful.

Glad that Brooke McQuinn is alive, I guess. How soon til she and Artie start dating just because they're both in wheelchairs? I'm betting by graduation.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:24 am

I've never thought of White Collar as Great Television, or Matt Bomer as a Groundbreaking Thespian, but jeez, does his acting and his show look stunning in comparison. The NCIS bit (hah, of course the victim crossdressed--must've just missed the bit where Tony thought she was superhot before he knew) also reminded me that keeping your characters and their backstories consistent should not be that hard.

Also I have yet to hear a single non-Duran attempt at Hungry Like The Wolf that was actually decent. The Rio parts of that medley were okay, I guess.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum