Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook

+84
ulkis
year of the cat
DarkSpork
Wildog27
snorf
SelfAmused
RiverThames
Fraoch
killershrew
sunni94
mandalaya
woolhat
Putli Bai
Red Wolf
queenofdenile
mialoubug
puddingcup
Author By Night
slmader
The Glen
blixie
QueenSix
VodouDoll
Raised by wolves
Tabby
choubetcha
megageek
whatthedeuce
punzy
UmaOprah
salamandersam
sagitare
TiffanyNichelle
sixchooks
Miss Moneypenny
MLIS
Luciano
Never Enough
Unlucky Bear
Poubelle
ariadne
Bad Username
Gillian
Jamie
particle_person
lucylane
Algae
lisaslobe
Crackie
punkysdilemma
Instant Monkeys
Gilraen
Morning Angel
Sheli
blooey
gannetguts
Kookla
The Lady of Shalott
Swarley
inversed
Binky
Jasmine
laddical
jcpdiesel21
philophobe
eventide82
tothemax
paablish
MichiSichi
jstilwe
RubyTuesday
Carrie Ann
katesti
mokey75
Corellderaan
Francie Nolan
naughty zoot
Auroura76
Matinee
mayram
oxymoron
Eris Rising
dinahmoe
maxell131313
88 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Facebook  - Page 5 Empty Re: Facebook

Post  Gillian Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:38 am

One of my FB friends "liked" Rizzoli & Isles, so now updates for it are showing up in my news feed. It literally says, "Sally Smith likes Rizzoli & Isles", and follows it with whatever the current update is (I assume. It's always something different, so I'm assuming it's the page's newest update). WTF? I didn't click like, so why the hell am I seeing it in my news feed? It's got to be some sort of ad thing, but it's super annoying.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:52 pm

Okay, so I've gone through and made sure that all the Pages I like are marked as "Show In News Feed" and yet there are still three or four pages that I STILL don't get updates from. It's starting to drive me crazy. Any suggestions?

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:24 pm

My son and I have both had the same weird thing happen recently. We send a status update via our cellphones, but rather than being posted on our Facebook page it gets sent to a random friend as a Facebook message. I'm sure Steve Nieve (Elvis Costello's former drummer) was delighted to personally receive my thoughts on Limp Bizkit. No doubt the restraining order is on it's way. In the meantime, any idea on how to fix this.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  sixchooks Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:56 am

So I'm getting a run of those poll responses again on my news feed, you know, the "I'm cleaning out my friendslist, do you want to stay on it" with some of my friends and family responding to those polls. Who in the [heck] do these polls benefit?? How would I use a poll like that even if I wanted to? (Meaning an existing one, not one I create myself.) Gah. Annoying.
sixchooks
sixchooks

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:36 am

Ugh. I'm pretty sure Facebook just invited people whose names I didn't click to an event. No, Facebook, I actually didn't want to invite everyone I know in this city. Awkward.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:50 am

My serial liker, who I long ago banished to a custom friends group to avoid having her see and like every single thing I post on my wall, can apparently see everything *other* people post on my wall re: wedding *and* my relationship status change and is liking and replying to all of those posts. sigh
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Facebook is officially an internet black hole that I cannot escape. What's that Facebook? You want me to challange (and by challenge I mean spam) my friend list with random pop songs until everyone is considering blocking me? Sure, no problem. Oh, oh, wait, Angry Birds friends you say? A tournament? Yeah, I have nothing else to do today.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Old person rant ahead: I have a couple of junior high/middle school aged cousins on facebook and I have no goddamn idea what they are saying in their facebook statuses. Here are some examples:
  • Awwww ima be up al night anyways so Lms for a tbh??
  • Tbh: ur funny af lmao xD i miss u alot Rate: 0 im jk aha 8
  • tbh u dont hmu up anymore /: stranger -_- rate:8 nd i was scared of u before lol
  • Uhhh so like Lms for a admit and a rate? I guess idkay
  • tbh when i 1st Saw u i waz like he looks Smart... i could copy frm him lol nd then i got 2 meet u nd ur dumm lol jkjk

I feel like an anthropologist studying some strange new species, trying to decipher their interactions. Here's what I think I've picked up. LMS=like my status. TBH=to be honest. Lms for a tbh = if you like the status, he will post an honest fact about you on your wall? After years of quiet observation, I'm tentatively attempting to interact. I liked a status and am now eagerly awaiting my "tbh."
Jamie
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:47 pm

My head hurts reading all that.

::goes back to the old folks home::
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:53 pm

After years of quiet observation, I'm tentatively attempting to interact. I liked a status and am now eagerly awaiting my "tbh."

Heehee. I have cousins that age on my FB too and I have ZERO idea what they and their friends are saying. I generally just scroll right on past because not one post has ever made any sense to me. Hell, I have [adult] cousins in Mexico who post all in spanish and I have more luck deciphering their posts than I do the young American ones who are allegedly posting in English.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:45 am

Jeezy creezy, Facebook. I realize there are millions of people on Facebook, but I've simplified it for you! I've selected one hundred and something people that I want updates from. That's it - just them. And then, when that didn't work, I created a special list to tell you who I REALLY want to get updates from. And yet, I can't seem to get a consistent list of updates. When I run the regular feed, some things are there, but not on my special list. When I run the special list, things are missing from the main list. JUST GIVE ME THE UPDATES CONSISTENTLY! That's your only job! I don't want to have to click on 100 different profiles to see what's up.
You're the worst, Facebook. The worst!
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:38 pm

I need remedial Facebook help, and since you guys are the most helpful group of online people I know... Help.

1. Under the new setup, is there a way to hide photos in which I've been tagged without hiding my entire feed?
2. I've had privacy issues in the past and so I don't want everyone to know where I currently attend school. If I want to join a school-related group created by one of my classmates, is there a way to keep it from showing up in my feed where others might see it? I'd want to hide both that I'm joining the group and any updates.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:22 am

Oh FFS, Facebook: why don't you just have an easy damned way to see pending friend requests???

I accidently sent a friend request when I meant to click on the mutual friends link. I have no idea what their name was and since it came up under the "People You May Know" sidebar it disappeared as soon as I clicked the link, and now I have no way of knowing which damned friend was our mutual link. Honestly, there must be a better way than going through all my friends to see which of *their* friends has a pending request, but that seems to be the only solution, if my search is any indication. Christ.

At the very least, freaking ask to confirm before sending a friend request.

ETA: FOUND IT. Second last friend list I checked. Of course.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:30 am

Does anyone know how to unhide a friend's feed that you'd previously hidden? While a friend had gotten back with his ex-girlfriend, he kept posting photos or getting tagged in photos where they were kissing. And I don't want to see that of anyone up on my feed. But now that they've broken up again, I can't figure out how to get him to show up in my feed.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  UmaOprah Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:18 am

I think you can go directly to the person's page and under their cover photo on the right-hand side, where it shows you are "Friends" select "Show in Newsfeed." I think it's as simple as that but they might not start showing up in your newsfeed immediately.

UmaOprah

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:38 am

Similar questions, how do you unblock an app/game from your feed? I've changed my mind and want to see it now.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:00 pm

Facebook is giving me notifications that people commented on a post I made, then eating the comments. Not cool Facebook.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Something weird is happening with my feed. Whenever people I'm friends with post photos, I don't always see them. For example, recently my sister posted a photo and I only saw it because someone we are both friends with commented on it. It didn't appear in my feed at all. And it's happened quite a lot over the past month or so. I have no idea why Facebook thinks I don't want to see photos my friends post, but it's so annoying.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:20 am

That happens to me too. The only people I know for sure I'm missing posts from are my husband and my mother. I only see my husband's posts when mutual friends comment on them. And I checked my settings and I'm set to "see all posts" from him. It's pretty annoying.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Is there any way to completely delete a FB account? As far as I know, you can only deactivate one, and all you need to do to reactivate is log back in, so it's hard to resist. I've tended to overshare this year when I'm on the site, so if it's possible to erase my account, I'd love to do that.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  RubyTuesday Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:25 pm

Try this, whatthedeuce.

RubyTuesday

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Thank you very much, RubyTuesday! Now that I know it's possible, I feel all hesitant to actually go through with the permanent deletion. So lame.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:51 am

Is there someone you trust who you could have change the password and hold onto the new one for you?

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:39 pm

(Unrelated to present discussion but—) If you have a Facebook, check out our shiny SF Facebook group!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/226106657451779/

I wanted to make sure everyone knows about.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Matinee, I have a few people in mind, but I'd feel embarrassed asking them. It makes me seem like I have a strange addiction...which is not wholly inaccurate, sadly. That really is a great idea though, so I'll mull that over for a day or two cuz I don't know if I can bear to really delete the account.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next