Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Figure Skating

+5
big chicken
katha
Matinee
Kiran
maxell131313
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Figure Skating - Page 2 Empty Re: Figure Skating

Post  maxell131313 Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Mirai apparently decided not to appeal the decision, whether from someone talking her out of it or harassing her out of it. With those guys it's sometimes hard to tell the difference. But she got a lot of audience love at the gala last night as they gave her a standing O before and after she skated, so she's got a lot of public sentiment on her side.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:09 am

Pulling sketchy stunts like this just give ammo to those who say figure skating isn't a sport. You may have played a great season, but in baseball if you lose the playoffs, you don't go to the WORLD SERIES. It's just that simple.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:23 pm

Yeah. I don't know. On the one hand the national championships are not the olympic trials. Its never been a guarantee that you go because you are top three. But I will say as much as I like Wagner and and I think she deserves to go because she earned the USA those three berths, tbh, but there is a difference between changing up the team because someone was unable to compete versus giving it to someone because they did poorly but have a great record.

I just feel bad for Mirai. Like I said, I'm totally biased. Her and Wagner are the only US female figure skaters I currently have any affection for, the rest bore me.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum