Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Night Live

+59
mialoubug
dionneshea
Carrie Ann
Nerg
Never Enough
Jude
Cutebutpsycho
biakbiak
Swarley
Fraoch
Miss Moneypenny
Raised by wolves
laddical
Morning Angel
TiffanyNichelle
Heather
Soleil
GoodbyeWithWords
RiverThames
blixie
ulkis
mokey75
schwa
whatthedeuce
Snarryfan
Unlucky Bear
QueenSix
swsa
UmaOprah
Arabella
Genevieve
Jordan Baker
Betty Madrid
dday515
19uses
puddingcup
ActonBell
MichiSichi
sobe
big chicken
Wilhelmina
bbridges
naughty zoot
Poubelle
Jessica
Sincerity
queenofdenile
Kiran
Binky
Gallifrey Girl
Cynara
Instant Monkeys
Auroura76
nikita
punkysdilemma
The Dude
jcpdiesel21
pizzagirl20
Eris Rising
63 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Saturday Night Live - Page 6 Empty Re: Saturday Night Live

Post  naughty zoot Sun May 20, 2012 11:23 am

And what would Jann Wenner have to do with it?
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 am

I was pretty impressed with Mick Jagger, who seemed not only very willing and good-humored but not half bad at it (I liked the "Californian" accent). The sad-music "Satisfaction" made me giggle.

So Kristen's going, obviously, and as funny as she is I'm not that sad to see her go; it's clearly time (and I've had my share of annoyance with her for various reasons; also, did she NEED to wear the shortest minidress of all time when she knew she was going to be hugged and spun around by a bunch of people?). I hope she has a ton of success in the movies; lord knows the movies could use it.

Who else is leaving, though? The end of Lazy Sunday 2 certainly made it sound like Andy was going. And someone said something about Jason Sudeikis. I certainly hope not; he was barely in tonight's show.

I wonder if it's awkward for Jon Hamm (how I love him) and Sudeikis to hang out.

Amy Poehler was still the funniest at the goodbyes. Also, I will always be loyal to you, Rachel Dratch.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun May 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Andy Samberg is also leaving, and so is Sudeikis, which is probably why he was so emotional. I would have thought they would have at least given him something to do. Hes been one of the shows mvps for a while, and has a fairly high profile outside of it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun May 20, 2012 1:38 pm

That is a real bummer. They're probably my two favorites who are on right now. At least they still have Hader.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun May 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Kiran wrote:Andy Samberg is also leaving, and so is Sudeikis, which is probably why he was so emotional. I would have thought they would have at least given him something to do. Hes been one of the shows mvps for a while, and has a fairly high profile outside of it.

Considering that he's playing Romney, he's probably going to keep coming back at least through the fall elections.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun May 20, 2012 2:35 pm

I think Taran Killam is gonna start getting a lot more to do. Hes poised to be the next breakthrough. I also hope they give Jay Pharoah more to do. I find him talented but very undertutilized.

I am just glad Kenan Thompson is still there. I have this unnatural adoration of him.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sun May 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:That is a real bummer. They're probably my two favorites who are on right now. At least they still have Hader.
I'm going to miss the hell out of dancing Sudekis in the What Up With That? skits. And I think Hader only has one more year on his contract, so I suspect next season will be his last, too.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun May 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Kiran wrote:I think Taran Killam is gonna start getting a lot more to do. Hes poised to be the next breakthrough. I also hope they give Jay Pharoah more to do. I find him talented but very undertutilized.

Unfortunately, he's rumored to be cut over the summer.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  schwa Sun May 20, 2012 7:47 pm

Eris Rising wrote:
Kiran wrote:I think Taran Killam is gonna start getting a lot more to do. Hes poised to be the next breakthrough. I also hope they give Jay Pharoah more to do. I find him talented but very undertutilized.

Unfortunately, he's rumored to be cut over the summer.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

schwa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun May 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Ugh. His impressions are amazing and hes very good when they actually LET HIM do something. But I figured SNL had no idea what to do with him since I've heard his Obama and its MUCH better then Armisen's and yet Armisen is still doing his.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sun May 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Andy Samberg is also leaving, and so is Sudeikis, which is probably why he was so emotional. I would have thought they would have at least given him something to do. Hes been one of the shows mvps for a while, and has a fairly high profile outside of it. .

aaaaaaaaawwww. :( boo. At least the last SNL short was hilarious. Hee, Sister Act.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun May 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Fred should take his leave too.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon May 21, 2012 12:06 am

Kiran wrote:I am just glad Kenan Thompson is still there. I have this unnatural adoration of him.
Lordy, how could I forget Kenan. He's now probably my favorite who is left.

I don't mind Fred as much as some, but yeah, I think it's about time for him to be done.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon May 21, 2012 12:08 am

Fred had some sketches I loved, namely The Prince Show, but hes been very off for me in the last several years.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon May 21, 2012 12:22 am

At least they still have Hader.

I think he's like a Phil Hartman/Darrell Hammond, very very valued and kept around for as long as he's willing, and like them I think he really loves it, and will stick with it for a long time.

They've got such a great vibe right now where even people who leave are showing up in skits throughout the season, so I'm not too worried about Sudiekis. If Amy and Maya and Tina pop in I think he'll be there for the political home stretch of Election Season.

For me Bobby Moynihan and Nasim Pedrad are the best of the "new class" Taram is good too, but I can NOT believe they want to get rid of Pharoah.

I won't miss Wiig, she's SO much better in the movies.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon May 21, 2012 12:24 am

Bobby Moynihan is horribly underused for how good he is.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Mon May 21, 2012 8:41 am

Kenan Thompson is one of those performers that doesn't have a lot of range, but he's really good at that one thing he does well, and he's just so darn likable that you want to keep him around. (Or at least I do, and Kiran does.)
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon May 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Bobby Moynihan is really fantastic. One good thing about these old-guard folks leaving is the newer folks will have a little more room to shine. (I mean, obvious statement of the century, but, you know.) He's really funny in his little showcase bits (Snooki, Drunk Hateful Uncle Weekend Update Guy), but he's also one of those ones who's just funny in whatever skit they put him in.

I agree about Hader; I imagine he is pretty highly valued right now, as he should be.

We haven't talked about the new girl, whose name I forget, but so far she's been good in pretty much everything she's been in, I think.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon May 21, 2012 12:16 pm

I liked Kristen, but holy shit did she play to her weaknesses. She had so many bad characters and when she took the lead sketch with them she hobbled a lot of shows.

Anyway Naseem should be able to take the lead role.

Speaking of Sudekis and Moynahan, I hope the former's departure won't rob us of Ass Dan.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Wed May 23, 2012 7:08 am

I agree on Bobby, although I personally love Taram I think he is great - is he really cut?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed May 23, 2012 1:52 pm

MichiSichi wrote:I agree on Bobby, although I personally love Taram I think he is great - is he really cut?

I haven't heard anything about Taram being cut. If anything, I've heard that he's being groomed to take on a much larger role.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed May 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Eris mentioned someone being cut referring to Jay Pharaoh, not Taran, right? I don't know that it would bother me much if they cut Jay. I don't know if they haven't used Jay because his timing is off or if his timing is off because he hasn't been on enough to get comfortable.

I want to like Taran Killam more than I do. Him doing the robot with Jim Carrey as one of the Merryville Brothers was compulsively watchable, but I can't remember a character of his that I want to watch a lot of.

I really heart Bill Hader and agree that Moynihan is way more fun than he's given credit for. And I even still like Fred most of the time (Whaaareyudoinheeeere?)
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed May 23, 2012 4:05 pm

I can't imagine Taran being cut. He's been doing a fair amount of heavy lifting this year, especially once Paul Brittain left. With Andy going as well as possible Sudekis, why wouldn't they bump him up to full time?
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Wed May 23, 2012 6:07 pm

For me, The Prince Show was mostly funny because of Maya interpreting Prince. But I do like Fred in The Californians (which made a mistake this week. They are usually so ON, but the key to knowing someone is really from LA is that we call ALL the freeways "The [NUMBER]" except PCH, which never takes a modifier. I judged them harshly from my Mexican chairs).

I LOVE Bobby M. And of course, if Hader were to leave, there would be no more Stefon. No Stefon, no peace -- that's my motto.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Wed May 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Kiran wrote:I actually thought Mick Jagger did very well.
Me, too. I don't know if it was because I went into the episode with low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised and found him to be very funny. The musical performances (well, the first two, anyway) were incredible.

I think what I'll miss most about Kristen Wiig is her amazing and hilarious Bjork impression. Otherwise I am not sad to see her stable of one-note characters go. Jon Hamm made Dooneese more tolerable this last go-round, but I groaned aloud at one last Secret Word with Mindy Grayson. I hope she has a successful movie career; she's far more likable in that medium.

Is SNL supposed to be adding new performers over the summer? I thought they were auditioning for new female castmembers in addition to Kate McKinnon.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next