Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Television Without Pity

+129
themis
festivus
punzy
dinahmoe
MaddyCat
Caramel Coffee
Gallifrey Girl
truecrystal
eventide82
Maria De Salle
BrightEyes
Muggsy
Corellderaan
rivki8699
Salieri
Lily Rose
CindyMc
GoodbyeWithWords
jstilwe
megageek
The Mighty Peanut
00redsvt
oxymoron
Mulva
Snarryfan
More Cowbell
Jude
naughty zoot
dionneshea
SarahJanet
winncienzo
Author By Night
greensock
Pumpkin Cake
violetq
Pop'n'Fresh
Luciano
VictorLaszlo
Binky
KaveDweller
QueenSix
UmaOprah
mialoubug
Fraoch
Coneycat
Raksha
draco vulgaris
Swarley
emrie
NoNotreally
Shadowlass
Jamie
VodouDoll
laddical
darthtall
Carrie Ann
Lancer
Sheli
Raised by wolves
Gillian
Matinee
Nerg
LadyGayle
Snarker
Esseilte
ActonBell
The Dude
MLIS
nazlan
Heather
Francie Nolan
Decca
Miss Moneypenny
Never Enough
flore
Red Wolf
Red Ghost
SelfAmused
Wildog27
bosoxgirl
Cutebutpsycho
whatthedeuce
Corvus
BreezyK
Siena
Tabby
jaraga
Putli Bai
xyzzy
Renny Sue
Unlucky Bear
gannetguts
PrincessCleo
Poubelle
Kiran
bbridges
snorf
pamchenko
Arabella
screamin
mo pie
MtOlivePickles
tothemax
jcpdiesel21
maxell131313
Luthien
Algae
swsa
Eris Rising
mayram
punkysdilemma
Ji Xiang
big chicken
biakbiak
blixie
roly
TiffanyNichelle
Melk
Instant Monkeys
blooey
Crowbridge
queenofdenile
mrinsouciance
ulkis
Jessica
skittlebox
Gilraen
RiverThames
Shalamar
133 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Television Without Pity - Page 13 Empty Re: Television Without Pity

Post  NoNotreally Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Eris Rising wrote:
xyzzy wrote:Aaarrrgh, TWoP is so aggravating with the post editing lately. I still haven't been edited, but the public shaming being employed through the "reasons for editing" field is anger-making. What an unfriendly place TWoP has become.

Howard, by any chance? She has a rep for being especially vicious with the editing tool.

Yes, and me too. I'm getting tired of it - especially because the last one wasn't even my post, yet there's no way to communicate with them to straighten that out, you just have to "acknowledge", which is stupid.

I disagree, though, Eris Rising, it hasn't become an unfriendly place, it's always been that way. Back when I used to post on The Apprentice threads, there was this crazy mod who used to warn and ban if anyone posted anything bad about characters who he worshiped (Andrea in Season 5, for example).

NoNotreally

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Howard is vicious, but in this case it was the Homeland mod, I believe.

Until the last couple of years, I never found the basement threads to be a scary place. If everyone pretty much just got along and generally followed the rules, no mod heads would ever pop out to bother you. Now you'll be snarkily and publicly edited in the most obscure threads.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:50 pm

NoNotreally wrote:
Eris Rising wrote:
xyzzy wrote:Aaarrrgh, TWoP is so aggravating with the post editing lately. I still haven't been edited, but the public shaming being employed through the "reasons for editing" field is anger-making. What an unfriendly place TWoP has become.

Howard, by any chance? She has a rep for being especially vicious with the editing tool.

Yes, and me too. I'm getting tired of it - especially because the last one wasn't even my post, yet there's no way to communicate with them to straighten that out, you just have to "acknowledge", which is stupid.

I disagree, though, Eris Rising, it hasn't become an unfriendly place, it's always been that way. Back when I used to post on The Apprentice threads, there was this crazy mod who used to warn and ban if anyone posted anything bad about characters who he worshiped (Andrea in Season 5, for example).

I wasn't the one who said that it had become an unfriendly place. Heck, I got banned within three months or so under my first alias over something that would have been considered rather innocuous on nearly any other forum.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:36 pm

I got halfway through the Homeland recap before realizing (I recognized the tone) that it was written by Jacob. Wow. This should be a wild ride...

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:52 pm

I suspect a lot of Grace and at some point hes going to compare Carrie to a broken angel.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:35 pm

It is just a bad idea to read the forum of a show you like. Case in point: Walking Dead. The stupid is strong within it.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:28 pm

Wildog27 wrote:It is just a bad idea to read the forum of a show you like. Case in point: Walking Dead. The stupid is strong within it.

I won't even read the forums for the ones that I hate-watch, Glee being a case in point.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:33 pm

I am terrified at the vitriol and bitterness that must spew forth on every page of the Glee forum's threads.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:15 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:I am terrified at the vitriol and bitterness that must spew forth on every page of the Glee forum's threads.

Are there shows where this isn't the case? I haven't visited TWoP in years but even before the new overlords I felt the forums were mostly a place to tear down the shows. I never visited the threads for shows I liked and wanted to watch again.

Last edited by Swarley on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:04 pm

The Cartoons and Kid Shows forum seem to be relatively laid-back (the threads I visit, at any rate). Sometimes people get unreasonably worked up (usually when shows don't go the way they want them to), but it's not a seething pit of bile like the main forums apparently are.

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Back in the day they were really fixated on the sexual tension between the Wizards of Waverly Place siblings.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:08 pm

It's been quite some time since I've been there, but the Farscape and Firefly boards were always refreshingly positive. Even when the rest of the place got too hateful for me to willingly deal with anymore, I still used to go to those boards.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 pm

The Nikita thread is pretty positive too and is refreshing in how various shippers manage to discuss the ships without getting vicious. It's probably because the showrunners have been pretty clear on the couples. It's also a bit too focused on the ratings but it's a small annoyance.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 pm

OMG. I remember now how vehemently my sister and I used to defend Addison and Addie/Derek when she first showed up on Grey's Anatomy. I hope I never stooped to the level of bashing or batshit insanity that seems to pervade pretty much all the threads involving ships besides the few exceptions y'all mentioned.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:08 am

draco vulgaris wrote:The Cartoons and Kid Shows forum seem to be relatively laid-back (the threads I visit, at any rate). Sometimes people get unreasonably worked up (usually when shows don't go the way they want them to), but it's not a seething pit of bile like the main forums apparently are.
There were rumors of Daria coming back to MTV not that long ago, and someone wrote a long-winded post about how the show could never work in a post-9/11 world because Daria would be "put in a conga line of suffering", whatever the hell that means. I think the cartoon threads can be just as crazy.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:31 pm

I did say relatively laid-back. I know there are some crazy people in there, but I've never seen the kind of all-consuming bitterness and vitriol that seems to dominate the rest of the site. Then again, I might have just been reading the wrong threads.

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 pm

I remember the Firefly threads being really cool. I THINK I talked someone into naming their daughter Mallory so they could call her Mal for short when the baby turned out not to be a boy (so, not a Malcolm).
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:51 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:I am terrified at the vitriol and bitterness that must spew forth on every page of the Glee forum's threads.

I'd actually call it worse than the AI forums during the Clay Aiken heyday, and that's saying something.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Unlucky Bear wrote:I remember the Firefly threads being really cool. I THINK I talked someone into naming their daughter Mallory so they could call her Mal for short when the baby turned out not to be a boy (so, not a Malcolm).

HA! That is hilarious! I really hope they did name their kid Mallory.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:50 am

Tell me, people. Why do I torture myself? I decided to skate through the Nashville thread and was greeted by pages of singing critique and how unrealistic it is that Connie/Rayna could have ever been a powerhouse country singer because she has a terrible, no good, very bad voice. Jebus, the hyperbole. I wish my voice were as terrible as Connie Britton's.

ETA: And now I'm reading in the Covert Affairs thread that Annie deserves to be beaten, water boarded, exposed to acid drips, and cut in order to give her character depth and humility. Good lord.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:49 pm

I hate the posters who get so bent out of shape when a show tells us a slightly ok singer/actress is great. Let it go. It's fiction. This is the story they are writing. So would they rather have the greatest singer in the world who could barely act instead? "Oh her acting sucks but when she sings for five minutes out of the episode it's fantastic!"

I've had to duck out ofthe Covert Affairs thread so many times because of the over the top Annie hate. Do they realize she's the star of the show? Everything is going to be about her being great? Can't handle it? Stop watching. The show is never going to be about Auggie and thank god for that.

I came into rant about the posters in the latest episode thread for How I Met Your Mother. They are all in their discussing whether or not Lily should have lost her baby weight by now and considering AH just had her second child really it's all about AH being too big. Fuck y'all.

Though my favorite random hate is in the American Dad thread where this one poster loathes Roger and will go on and on about what an awful character this fictional alien is. I mean he's no Alf but who is?
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:04 pm

TWoP posters seem to have a weird relationship with body weight and appearance. In some threads it's "OMG-AWESOME-REAL-WOMAN-BODY-POSITIVE" and in others it's "FAT-COW-BITCH-DESERVES-NO-CAREER."

Do they realize she's the star of the show? Everything is going to be about her being great? Can't handle it? Stop watching.
Right? I mean, I get hate-watching. I've hate-watched many a show. But I also realize that it's not fair to people who aren't hate-watching for me to just constantly shit all over their show threads. I might throw out an occasional negative opinion and then bow out of the thread.

Maybe there should be a spin-off site dedicated solely to hate-watching.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:09 pm

I came into rant about the posters in the latest episode thread for How I Met Your Mother. They are all in their discussing whether or not Lily should have lost her baby weight by now and considering AH just had her second child really it's all about AH being too big. Fuck y'all.

Ugh, that's obnoxious. I was just thinking about how good she looks for being a new mom in this week's episode when she was wearing the gold dress.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:59 am

xyzzy wrote:TWoP posters seem to have a weird relationship with body weight and appearance. In some threads it's "OMG-AWESOME-REAL-WOMAN-BODY-POSITIVE" and in others it's "FAT-COW-BITCH-DESERVES-NO-CAREER."

Do they realize she's the star of the show? Everything is going to be about her being great? Can't handle it? Stop watching.
Right? I mean, I get hate-watching. I've hate-watched many a show. But I also realize that it's not fair to people who aren't hate-watching for me to just constantly shit all over their show threads. I might throw out an occasional negative opinion and then bow out of the thread.

Maybe there should be a spin-off site dedicated solely to hate-watching.

At this point, they'd need a spin-off site for those who don't hate-watch.

Wait.

I know this small but potential-filled pop culture discussion forum....
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:11 am

I've had to duck out ofthe Covert Affairs thread so many times because of the over the top Annie hate. Do they realize she's the star of the show? Everything is going to be about her being great? Can't handle it? Stop watching. The show is never going to be about Auggie and thank god for that.

The more things change the more things remain the same, even back in the day people were complaining at MBTV about how Buffy The Vampire Slayer focused too much on Buffy.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next