Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dexter

+18
Shalamar
Morning Angel
laddical
queenofdenile
ActonBell
blixie
Gallifrey Girl
dday515
Sheli
truecrystal
skittlebox
gannetguts
The Dude
punkysdilemma
RiverThames
mokey75
MichiSichi
Binky
22 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dexter  - Page 4 Empty Re: Dexter

Post  The Dude Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:01 pm

The way they pulled the plug on Angel and LaGuerta's marriage gives me hope that they know enough to never speak of the Flowers in th Attic again.

I was disappointed Prado never put it together that Dexter was the butcher, so I'm glad that penny dropped early. Like said before there needs to be more scenes of Deb getting at Dexter for blowing their clearance rate and withholding.

There will probably be a new code where Dexter can only go after murders Deb can't get to.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Sooo Louis (Lewis?) is gone now. One less problem for good ol' Dex! That Ukrainian heroin mafia dude is looking for him now though, and that's way worse. I already feel bad for that stripper, Nadia, because she's probably gonna end up very dead once Ukrainian Boss Man gets impatient with her. Everytime they talk, I expect him to snap her neck or stab her with something. It's creeping me out.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:52 am

I know that Dexter wants Deb to accept what he does, but he's pushing her in a way that makes me so uncomfortable. I felt bad for Deb. And that scene where he was stuck in the maze was seriously freaky, and tiring to watch with the strobe light.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:05 pm

They need to stop referencing the Deb/Dexter idea, because it just makes me so angry I forget everything I like about this show.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:53 am

Sweet, Deb brought up Trinity in the confessional back alley! (Useful set that's turning out to be.) Next, I want Deb to realize Dexter totally got Doakes killed, and he doesn't exactly fall into the category of people who deserved to die.

I also hope Dexter scraped out the crematory retort after he was done so it didn't leave behind any metal bits from the slide box, or, of course, incriminating bits of Speltzer.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 am

punkysdilemma wrote:Sweet, Deb brought up Trinity in the confessional back alley! (Useful set that's turning out to be.) Next, I want Deb to realize Dexter totally got Doakes killed, and he doesn't exactly fall into the category of people who deserved to die.

Heh, when we watched last night, my husband turned to me and said, "so is Deb going to figure out thing Dexter's done per episode for the rest of the season?" I hope we get a Doakes flashback. I loved Doakes.

The maze was freaking terrifying. Though when he got to the room with the mannequins, I yelled, "strip and pose, Dexter! Strip and pose!" I felt for Deb when she wondered if she was a terrible person for being glad Speltzer was dead, but Dex was right - being glad only makes you human when it's someone who's that big of a waste of oxygen.

Also, Quinn is like the worst detective ever - no sense of natural curiosity AT ALL. "Oh, things here are kind of hinky and don't add up, but he wrote a note? Works for me! I gotta go bang a stripper who's going to end up dead, peace out!"
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:44 pm

It would probably bother me more if the whole Ukrainian plotline didn't seem so incidental. I love seeing Titus Pullo and Iron Eagle, but I'm not getting any menace from it. It has the feel of one of those plotlines the show will abandon or give short shrift and it's running third behind Deb finding out and Not Carrol Ann Fugate, who is totally going to turn out as the driving force behind that killing spree.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:14 am

Oh, gee, Dexter, I hope you took care of all the surveillance equipment found in the typical jail visiting room. IDIOT.

I do kind of like how Dexter still compulsively lies to Deb, even though she KNOWS he's a great liar.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 am

Also, when the boss of the notorious international crime syndicate is sent to jail, that means it is "over." Uh huh!
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:25 pm

So is he going to be in jail for the rest of the season? I thought he is the big bad this season
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:12 am

I would not be at all surprised if Quinn ends up murdered or in prison by the end of the season. I love the dude, but he's a moron. He was just making out with Nadya, easy as you please, at her goddamn workplace where he knows the Ukrainian druglords lurk! WTF, Joey?!

Also, I'm really pissed at Dexter for not killing Hannah and instead screwing her on the damn table killing table. Did he learn nothing from Trinity? Dex let him go once, and that ultimately ended with Rita being slit in a bathtub. Who will Hannah have to kill so that Dexter comes to his senses? Idiot.

Also, the theme of this season is "Poor Deb." She seriously finds out something sickening about her bro in every single ep. When she was talking about Lumen and Dex shacking up right after Rita was murdered, she looked like she'd puke. How has she not had a complete mental breakdown yet?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:21 am

I was also upset he didn't kill Hannah (although not surprised). I just feel this season has too many stories (or have I forgotten other seasons?)
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:27 am

I think the number of plotlines is probably on par with past seasons, but they do all seem so heavy and loaded that it seems a bit a overcrowded at the moment. That said, I am riveted by pretty much everything so far. I want Isaak's dumb ass to die already though. I'm already rather bored of his personal vendetta against Dexter. Dex's walkthrough of his shootout in the Columbian bar was pretty cool though. That man has a lot of fight in him!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:31 am

Ooh I so agree on Izaak needing to die (although I love the scenes he has , which do not include murder and I too would like to avenge Victor's death just because it would have been nice to have him around)
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:40 am

I forgot the name of the actor who played Victor (Enver something, I think), but I really enjoyed him on Dollhouse, where he also played a guy named Victor. I was hoping we'd see a bit more of him before Dex exacted some justice.

BTW, did they ever explain why Speltzer dressed up as the Minotaur while chasing victims through creepy labyrinths? If they did, I must have missed it, but I was so curious as to why he did that. His mazes were creepy as fuck, too!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:52 am

Yes Victor and Victor! Enver...yeah he should have been there longer.
They never explained the Maze.
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:14 am

Considering what an elaborate ritual Speltzer had, you'd think they would've explained it somehow. Most killers don't bother building insane mazes for their victims. There had to have been a reason for it! You disappoint me, writers.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:32 am

Not really liking Yvonne's acting at all. She's a tad wooden.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:59 am

I actually really like her. I have a lot of affection for her from Chuck, granted, but having seen her there I've thought she was making an active decision to play the character as detached and it works for me.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:03 am

She wasn't at all wooden as Sarah Walker on Chuck even though Sarah was a serious CIA agent, so I definitely consider her aloof demeanor as Hannah to be a very conscious acting choice.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:52 pm

She's coming off as blow up doll to me. I liked her on Chuck as well.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:05 am

Deb just killed me tonight. I really wish they had left the "Deb loves Dexter" plotline alone though. There's not enough brain bleach...

I don't understand how Dex and Hannah can trust each other without thinking the other one is not going to kill them.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:14 am

I guess for him it's easier - he fasts around her.
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:23 am

Morning Angel wrote:Deb just killed me tonight. I really wish they had left the "Deb loves Dexter" plotline alone though. There's not enough brain bleach....

Yeah seriously. That almost made me break up with the show. Stop revisiting that ridiculous character-assassinating bullshit. I'm holding out for this season, but 'jumping the shark' might well be replaced with "psychologist-reccomended incest".
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:34 am

Paris, Texas wrote:Not really liking Yvonne's acting at all. She's a tad wooden.

If I may counter: Gurl Purdy.

I thought they had the good sense to know that the Flower in the Attic was a horrible mistake to be burried.

With Quinn's troubles I'm half expecting the whole department to start going to Dexter asking for kills. "Hey Dex my neighbor is playing music too loud. Can you hack him to bits?"

The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum