Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 8 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:35 am

punzy, so was I! I watched until about S4, and I pretty much hated every single human on the show besides Helo.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:46 am

Oh, Hell on Wheels. Your show makes hardly any sense to me, but what does it matter with all the pretty, pretty men? Anson Mount, Common, and Eddie Spears. Yummy-ness.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Menshevixen Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:28 pm

Now that Drag Race is on Netflix Instant...well, that's all I've been watching for the last week.
Menshevixen
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:22 pm

I'm about halfway through Season 2 of Sanctuary, and not loving it as much as I did Season 1. The use of 24-vision when the plot doesn't call for it is especially grating.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Episodes. I'm glad I stuck with season 2 because the last episode of the season was fantastic. I enjoyed the first season quite a bit, but I found this second season a bit more hit and miss. I loved Matt, Sean, and Beverly a lot (Matt LeBlanc, Stephen Mangan, and Tamsin Grieg are all fantastic), and I really liked the way they developed Carol and even Merc. I just didn't care so much for some of the other supporting characters like the stalker or some of the other people in the office. I also felt sometimes the writers really went for the obvious or gross jokes, which is not up my alley and wasn't making me laugh all that much, but this last episode made me laugh a lot and had interesting plot developments.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:28 pm

I'm watching Air Crash Investigation whenever new episodes are uploaded to Youtube. The reconstructions, the cheesy acting - I can't help it, I'm addicted.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:22 pm

I watched all 7 seasons of Homicide: Life on the Steets. I really enjoyed the rewatch and am glad this was my Black Friday Christmas gift to myself last year. I mostly remembered season 7, which was the downturn in writing and casting. Unfortunately, Michael Michele was just as bad as I remembered her being. I actually checked wiki to see if she's married to a NBC exec, because I can't understand how she ended up HLOTS and ER when she has all the charisma of a (very pretty) piece of wood. Ugh.

That said, seasons 1-6 are fantastic, and totally different from how the typical cop/CSI shows operate now (no focus on forensics or tech). The cast is a little musical chairs, but that's not too bothersome. There's also glimpses of baby Jake Gyllenhaal, 20-year-old Neal Patrick Harris, and a few other recognizable faces, which is fun. The cast is amazing, I'd totally watch (another) reunion movie. The Homicide movie (and the L&O crossover episodes) are included in the boxset, which I haven't watched yet.

I know I need to watch The Wire, which has a lot of the same people responsible for it, but I just haven't had the time.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:03 am

Morning Angel wrote:Episodes. I'm glad I stuck with season 2 because the last episode of the season was fantastic. I enjoyed the first season quite a bit, but I found this second season a bit more hit and miss. I loved Matt, Sean, and Beverly a lot (Matt LeBlanc, Stephen Mangan, and Tamsin Grieg are all fantastic), and I really liked the way they developed Carol and even Merc. I just didn't care so much for some of the other supporting characters like the stalker or some of the other people in the office. I also felt sometimes the writers really went for the obvious or gross jokes, which is not up my alley and wasn't making me laugh all that much, but this last episode made me laugh a lot and had interesting plot developments.

Oh, yes, Episodes is fricking brilliant. I did not know Matt LeBlanc had that performance in him, like, at all. He makes that show. I didn't care for the stalker thing, but I can't think of one episode where I didn't laugh out loud. It's the only show where I have to use the pause button b/c I'm laughing too hard to hear what's going on.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:14 pm

I watched the second episode of Copper and they have me hooked up.
Spoiler:
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Spoiler:
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:11 pm

I thought so at first but it wasn't until a little after the episode I realized that
Spoiler:
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Spoiler:
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:16 am

Okay, I'm finally all caught up on Suits and I love it so much. It's so absurd and charming! I just ran across someone on LJ who said this

There is no heterosexual explanation whatsoever for the show. I kinda want a screencap summary (like the one someone did for the Eagle) that can accurately portray the level of gay (atmospheric) and Gina Torres (also atmospheric) that the show has. All the stuff about caring for one another. And the random contact. And the dressing one another.

It's about a slightly spectrum-y genius breaking up with his manipulative boyfriend to begin a dom/sub relationship with an even more manipulative boyfriend, while random hot ladies are random and competent, but in no way fooled about the straightness of said boys. Right?

Accurate description is accurate!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:21 am

Yeah, I was surprised at how upset I was about what seemed to be going on in the latest Copper episode,so obviously I'm invested and in for the duration as well.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:52 am

So, two seasons of Nikita. On one hand, they did an awesome job of expanding on the original concept, basically splitting the original Nikita into two characters, so you can see post-Daniel Nikita and pre-Daniel Nikita in Alex.

But in terms of spy shows, it kind of sucks. I vastly prefer Burn Notice, where villains seem mostly competent. Division hardly ever seems to really win, making them seem like a weak villain. Sure, there's tons of manipulation and "so-and-so was Division all along!@" but it wasn't enough.

I also caught up on Pretty Little Liars, and while this season has seemed weaker so far, I must admit the last episode was pretty shocking.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:53 pm

MTV is showing a marathon of The Hills with the hashtag #RetroMTV on the screen.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:20 pm

Someday they are going to show music videos again with the tag #omgsoold!

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:42 am

I've been watching lots of The Vampire Diaries (I'm about half-way through season 2), thanks to it being available on Netflix instant. I'm really enjoying it. It reminds be quite of bit of True Blood, only with less blood, sex, and swearing, and better plotting. And good gravy are the men on that show easy on the eyes!

I've also been reliving my adolescence watching Batman: The Animated Series on DVD. I had almost forgotten just how GOOD that show was. Now that I'm older, I think I appreciate the darker psychological stories and the whole retro-"dark deco" look of it. And of course, the voice acting is just ridiculously good. My favorite episode so far: "Beware the Gray Ghost", mostly because it was just so freaking meta! Casting Adam West to play the voice of the actor on the show that Bruce Wayne used to watch and love as a kid was just a stroke of genius.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Arabella wrote:MTV is showing a marathon of The Hills with the hashtag #RetroMTV on the screen.
I found this too late last night, boo! Fortunately, it's streaming on Netflix, so I think I know what my hungover ass is going to do today, ahem.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:19 pm

I don't find myself invested in the second season of Top Chef Canada. I think it's something to do with the fact that there's not much drama. I love when there's a villainous or devious character in a reality competition, and so far, there's none of that.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:39 am

I am watching Strange Sex, currently featuring a dude who couldn't get an erection until he had painful experimental surgery at age 18. Earlier we watched one about a dude with a 60-lb scrotum. Ah, summer TV!
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 am

I've also been reliving my adolescence watching Batman: The Animated Series on DVD. I had almost forgotten just how GOOD that show was. Now that I'm older, I think I appreciate the darker psychological stories and the whole retro-"dark deco" look of it. And of course, the voice acting is just ridiculously good. My favorite episode so far: "Beware the Gray Ghost", mostly because it was just so freaking meta! Casting Adam West to play the voice of the actor on the show that Bruce Wayne used to watch and love as a kid was just a stroke of genius.

Man, I LOVED this series when it was on tv. My brother and I watched it religiously, never caring if we were watching repeats. The Croc episodes always scared me quite a bit when I was younger, and I always felt like they did better justice to the villains than several of the movies did.
chibimanda
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:44 am

We spent roughly six hours this Labor Day watching the entire run of Stephen Fry in America, a delightful little show that's exactly what it says on the box... Stephen Fry visiting all 50 states in a London taxi being completely charming. I liked how game he was to try whatever the locals were up to in whatever state (swimming with sharks in Hawaii, lobster fishing in Maine, blackjack dealer in Atlantic City, teaming up with the Chippendales on some corporate spy game in Vegas, etc).

Before he could go on a drug raid with some sheriff's dept. in California, they let him practice shooting a gun at the range. The deputies brought him a Dirty Harry-style revolver and were clearly pleased when he busted out with the "do you feel lucky, punk?" monologue.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:48 am

I began watching White Collar, and dear sweet lord, Matt Bomer's face is beyond distracting. I have never wanted to replay scenes over and over again as much as I do when I watch this show because his face is so gorgeous and he tends to have the cutest and most mischievous expressions.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:41 am

Just wait til he takes his shirt off!
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down