Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parks and Recreation

+53
emrie
Heather
Bad Username
laddical
katesti
Author By Night
Muggsy
Cutebutpsycho
swsa
VodouDoll
bosoxgirl
laurelin_kit
roseland
punkysdilemma
Kiran
Nerg
harvey the penguin
SarahJanet
schwa
dday515
puddingcup
naughty zoot
caerbannog
Rhilin
RiverThames
ActonBell
tiller
bbridges
SelfAmused
Shadowlass
sobe
Gallifrey Girl
queenofdenile
Morning Angel
Gilraen
mokey75
dionneshea
nikita
Shalamar
molliewollie
choubetcha
Auroura76
Jasmine
BreezyK
Matinee
Instant Monkeys
The Dude
Gillian
jcpdiesel21
Wilhelmina
biakbiak
bottle
Genevieve
57 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Parks and Recreation Empty Parks and Recreation

Post  Genevieve Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:33 pm

"We need to remember what's important in life. Friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, work. It doesn't matter. But work is third."
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Parks and Recreation Empty Re: Parks and Recreation

Post  bottle Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:45 am

bottle

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:17 pm

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelmina Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:35 pm

bottle wrote:And this.

Drunk Ron is drunk! Also awesome.

Speaking of which: How great was the disparity in popularity (nope, did not rhyme that on purpose) of April and Ann with the Goddesses? I especially loved their respective craft projects.
Wilhelmina
Wilhelmina

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:39 am

I find it completely believable that Ron Swanson would know more than your average Lowe's employee.

One thing that's not working for me lately is Chris, especially since he started Jerry's daughter. I loved the silent gag of April changing the mouth of Jerry's Mr. Potato Head costume from a smile to a frown, but otherwise in this ongoing storyline the writers have Chris amped up to 11. I find it hard to believe that the Chris we have come to know would be so completely oblivious to how uncomfortable he is making someone else.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:50 am

The look of total happiness when he fixed that sink? It was like he was experiencing Christmas and a meat tornado all at once.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:07 am

I agree about the Chris thing. It's weird. Also, why would an adult woman behave that way in front of her father?

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:37 am

"Stop using my comforter for your pillow forts."

Creepy Orin and Lil' Sebastian!

Andy and April are really a sweet couple.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:34 pm

jcpdiesel21 wrote:One thing that's not working for me lately is Chris, especially since he started Jerry's daughter. I loved the silent gag of April changing the mouth of Jerry's Mr. Potato Head costume from a smile to a frown, but otherwise in this ongoing storyline the writers have Chris amped up to 11. I find it hard to believe that the Chris we have come to know would be so completely oblivious to how uncomfortable he is making someone else.
That's not really working for me either. I guess I don't necessarily find it unbelievable, I just find it sort of repetitive, squicky, and pointless. It's the exact same thing every time. The Jerry character has always made me uncomfortable anyway because everyone's so mean to him, but I'm probably oversensitive.

I love when the show ends with one character unexpectedly doing a kindness for another. BUT. They have to watch out with that if it's not going to become tired. Loved Leslie's meat/Westerns/solitude birthday bash for Ron. Loved Leslie's Club For Swanson Wannabes. Wept copiously when April told Leslie she loved her at the wedding. And I did like Tom's video for Leslie last night, and her over-the-top crying was obviously meant to be funny and not just a heartstring-puller, but still, they need to watch that. Because they kinda do it a lot.

That whole subplot actually was a little awkward for me. It wasn't just that Tom kept trying to weasel his way in there; it was WAY over the top with the rugs with his face and the logos everywhere and the video (some sad wrestling over the remote was Leslie's only reaction before giving up? She was uncharacteristically ineffectual at getting him to take the rest of it down too). And then he just happened to have also made a video all about Leslie. It was too broad for me, I guess. And it felt like set designers had been in there, not like Tom had done it. I know the joke is Tom spends a ridiculous amount of money on that stuff, but still. However, the party was hilarious, and I loved Ron and Ann. I would totally follow Ron Swanson around and learn the ways of handiness. I also cracked up over Andy and April's toolbox.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:37 pm

When April turned Jerry's smile upside down I nearly died.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:43 pm

I find that I'm ok with the "everyone mean to Jerry" bits because they balance it by Jerry being fundamentally happy with himself and his life (not to mention that he's apparently got quite the large penis, according to the season opener!). The writers do manage to work in little pro-Jerry bits.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Yeah, Jerry's whole thing is, "Life is good and I am only a few years away from retirement. So WHO CARES."
And again the penis thing.
He has a great wife, some amazing hobbies (the painting) and I think he and Donna get each other.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Yeah, off the top of my head, I can't think of a time when Donna has really bashed Jerry.

I also REALLY didn't like the Tom/Leslie plot. When he's acting all crazy about Entertainment 7wenty, I need Jean-Ralphio there to balance it out somehow. We know that Tom can be sweet, but he could have torpedoed her whole campaign right there, and that didn't work for me.

Loved the Orin sighting!

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:20 pm

BreezyK wrote:Yeah, off the top of my head, I can't think of a time when Donna has really bashed Jerry.

Donna strapped Jerry to the roof of her Mercedes when she drove everyone home when they were all drunk at the bar in The Fight. But that cracked me up to no end.

I don't like the Chris storyline either, I'm hoping it gives us something better in the end.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:50 pm

I'm watching some S2 episodes on Netflix, and one of my favorite running gags is how Leslie always manages to make a fool of herself in front of Councilman Howser. He always looks so exasperated with her. I love it.

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:24 am

720 is one of the area codes around here so whenever I see a business with that number on their sign I think of Tom, Jean Ralphio and Detlef.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:42 pm

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:55 am

Yay!

Oh, poor Leslie. I just wanted to give her a big hug.

LOVED seeing the return of Natalie. And while I knew that Jean-Ralphio was going to say he called her for himself, I found his bro hug with Tom to be sweet.

April and Andy continue to kill me dead. I like how caring and nice April can be with Andy, even though it's still in her own unique way. "Where are the faces?" Ha!

I'm still totally in love with this show.

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:57 am

Auroura76 wrote:April and Andy continue to kill me dead. I like how caring and nice April can be with Andy, even though it's still in her own unique way. "Where are the faces?" Ha!

The look on April's face was AMAZING.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  molliewollie Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:10 am

God, I am such a loony tunes Beslie shipper. YOU STEP THE FUCK OFF, SHAUNA MALWAE-TWEEP, YOU STEP THE FUCK OFF RIGHT GODDAMN NOW!!!

Also, god Andy and April are adorable. A BILLION NICKELS!

molliewollie

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:52 am

I enjoy how willing Jerry was to come over and help with this fantasy. "You guys... I need to get home. Gail made a roast."
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:54 pm

I LOVED the whole "holding a thousand dollars" sequence. First, I loved that we didn't even hear definitively that that was the wish (though it was pretty clear). Then, it made perfect sense that they would have that much in savings and, yeah, there's really no reason you can't go over there and ask to withdraw it when it's your money. It was awesome that April had the energy and organization to actually take him to get it done. Then the disappointment at holding ten hundreds followed by the cut to a giant pile of ones and his utter glee. And finally, I LOVED how the teller was getting a kick out of it. They easily could have gone with "the teller is bored and jaded," but it was so cute that she seemed amused. "Have you ever seen this much money??" "I just handed it to you!"

That was the highlight for me. But the whole thing was great. As usual I just wanted to hug the whole show.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:14 pm

And finally, I LOVED how the teller was getting a kick out of it.

I totally didn't think she was getting a kick out of it and loved that! So I guess it's great that it works both ways! I loved the look she gave when he asked for it in nickles!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Yeah, it seemed kind of like the teller was like "Oh these crazy people" but in kind of a benevolent way, until he said the thing about nickels, and she said NO.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Hee hee, well, maybe not getting a kick out of it, but tolerantly amused. :)

I also liked where they cut after he asked for nickels. (And also where they cut after he asked where the faces were. Oh, Andy.)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum