Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality TV Shows

+2
caltrask55
vwlphb
6 posters

Go down

Reality TV Shows Empty Reality TV Shows

Post  vwlphb Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:30 pm

I have never watched a single episode of Jersey Shore, but I just read about the creator's new show on Gawker and I hate to say that I'm totally going to watch. It sounds awful but in a horribly entertaining trainwreck sort of way.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Reality TV Shows Empty Re: Reality TV Shows

Post  caltrask55 Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:53 pm

OMG. That sounds fantastic in a train wreck kind of way. I haven't watched a VH1 show in years but I will be tuning it to this one!

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm starting to really hate the few seconds of Real Housewives of Whatever that always show up when I'm fast forwarding commercials on Top Chef. I didn't think it was possible to loathe people with less than ten seconds' exposure.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Reality show involving Shannen Doherty planning a wedding? I wish this was starting tonight.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:07 pm

There's a W reality show: Come Date w/Me, that just pulls me in. I can't help watching it even though it's poor entertainment! I did recognize one of the guys vying for a date as someone who contacted me on ok Cupid. He came across as a snivelling weasel!

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Is anyone else watching King of the Nerds?
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:46 am

I started watching it Punky and I'm still DVRing it but I'm FFing through a lot of it. I just don't particularly care for those who are left and while sometimes their THs can be funny there's also a lot of smug and it's coming from people who have nothing to be smug about most of the time. Plus the comps seem a little too random. With the exception of the sudoku challenge, most of the challenges to determine who goes to elimination were judged and subjective. IMO nerd comps should be based more on absolute wins/losses like the elimination challenges are. There's going to be a season 2 so I hope there are tweaks because it could be fun but there's just something missing for me.

Another reality show I tried this week was that Robot Combat League and I can already tell it'll get the same fate as KotN. Not going to hold my interest enough because as cool as watching 20 ft. tall robots fight is, the fights themselves have little skill involved and the winners are just going to be the ones who get in the lucky punch and again the teams don't seem to catch my interest.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:07 pm

I think I am addicted to Come Date w/Me. It's filmed in my same city & I like checking out where they date. And the men? Some I recognize from the online dating sites! They don't make themselves look good either - so I am hooked on what they say & do! The women are equally foolish!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Ok, it's not that they make themselves look bad, they undercut each other! So it gets hilarious & addictive!

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:38 am

aficionada wrote:I think I am addicted to Come Date w/Me. It's filmed in my same city & I like checking out where they date. And the men? Some I recognize from the online dating sites! They don't make themselves look good either - so I am hooked on what they say & do! The women are equally foolish!

So is it Toronto-based like "Come Dine with Me"? As someone who has dated for many years in Toronto and has a number of appalling dating stories, I don't doubt you could make a show out of this process. lol
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:43 am

Morning Angel, you are correct that I have the dating stories to make a show (or write a funny book if I could write)! But I don't want to attract any more craptacular energy - ha ha ha aha!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down