Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Runway

+38
ActonBell
Kiran
biakbiak
Agent Sculder
Shadowlass
choubetcha
bosoxgirl
mokey75
Matinee
MaddyCat
stephentrendy
SelfAmused
BreezyK
Raised by wolves
jcpdiesel21
roly
killershrew
xyzzy
truecrystal
preciosa
puddingcup
Paris, Texas
whatthedeuce
blooey
paablish
Salieri
punkysdilemma
Binky
maxell131313
Jamie
curryalley
Cutebutpsycho
oxymoron
Miss Moneypenny
Jessica
Instant Monkeys
Jasmine
pizzagirl20
42 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Project Runway Empty Project Runway

Post  pizzagirl20 Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Anyone surprised that the final three have become the final four?

I don't get the judges' obsession with Anya. She seems nice, but the talent and skills aren't there. I loved Viktor's mini-collection.
pizzagirl20
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Project Runway Empty Re: Project Runway

Post  Jasmine Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:52 pm

I don't even think that she seems nice. And her designs are often terrible. I can't believe they let her through yesterday after that horrific gold dress that was so badly constructed, and that swimsuit and coverup that were barely anything. And ugh, Josh. The only one who should win this season is Victor, but that's really just by default.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:03 pm

That gold dress was SO AWFUL. I do like Anya, but even I was like "sigh" when they let her through too. I feel like they do that every time and it's not really a surprise anymore, and it starts to make that penultimate judging seem kind of pointless.

I'm pulling for Victor. I also really like Kim though. I liked that skirt EXCEPT for the terrible butt part.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:49 am

I have to say, when we saw the collections at FW, the only ones I thought actually held together in person where Anya's and Victor's -- although they were underwhelming. I thought Josh's and Kimberly's were terrible in person, so terrible that I spent the last month waiting for them both to get auf'ed. I was SURE they were both bogies.

This season has been disappointing, talent-wise, I think....
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:45 pm

I'm watching purely out of morbid fascination at this point. They're all so mediocre that I'm pretty sure Daniel Franco could have won this season.

Tim Gunn's polite horror at all of Josh's fabric choices was entertaining, though.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:43 am

Anya should have been gone. That swimsuit was a travesty and the gold dress was a horror show.

I think that Viktor should win. Josh's taste level is ... um... unfortunate and Kimberly is capable of doing good work, but her output is very uneven.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:46 am

I've honestly loved Anya's stuff, but that dress and swimsuit were a hot mess. Methinks she made it based on her work throughout the season. I'm surprised Josh made it this far, but I suspect he's been coasting on personality alone.

At least it's not Gretchen. I couldn't finish that season when I found out who won.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:11 pm

pizzagirl20 wrote:Anyone surprised that the final three have become the final four?

I don't get the judges' obsession with Anya. She seems nice, but the talent and skills aren't there.

But she's so pretty. Isn't she pretty? I mean, look how pretty she is.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

I really can't believe Josh is still there, of all people. I read a lot of extreme vitriol over Anya online (not here, but at TLo and twop especially), and really, isn't she just the Michael (S3) of this season? It's not like they've never let a less skilled designer into the finals before, for drama/storytelling reasons. It's surprising to me that people really hate Anya so much. It's not like she's Wendy Pepper.
Jamie
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:21 pm

The thing is, I think Josh is terrible as a person, and as a designer his stuff often really sucks, but he's pulled out enough good stuff and has enough variety in what he's made that I (mostly) understand why he's there. I mean, there is no way that he should be a finalist in Project Runway, don't get me wrong, but that's mostly because the level of talent this season was so weak. Anya has made so many things that look so same same to me, and her three designs to lead up to the finale were just terrible, while Josh's were at least respectable.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:45 pm

To me, the only reason Josh's looks have been respectable is because he's had Tim and/or another contestant to tell him something sucks. I mean, look at how many different fabrics Tim made him eliminate during the home visit because they were too loud, tacky, shiny, or outright ugly? The stuff Josh thinks is chic and sophisticated is gaudy! He might not make slutty stuff, but his looks are just purely ugly sometimes.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:10 pm

I think this entire season has been weak. Of the remaining designers, Victor is the strongest, followed by Kimberly (who's a little all over the place). Josh has terrible, clowny taste and Anya has a singular view point and a lot of construction issues. Both Josh and Anya were kept around for the drama and the pretty, and it actually resulted in mostly a borefest since Josh stopped being such an incredible asshole to the other contestants.

There were way too many team challenges this season. It felt like around 4 or 5 people were eliminated without ever showing what they could produce independently. And the all the group challenges were clearly designed to see who worked poorly and caused drama together. Bah.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:16 pm

I gave the TV the finger when they announced Anya was in. (Which was 20 seconds after telling my boyfriend, who hasn't watched most of this season, that it was sure to be an "EVERYBODY WINS" situation because the judges love Anya and there's no way she's out.)

I've been wondering if this season will finally break the Project Rungay guys. I love their commentary on the episodes but every post lately has been "Blah, we have nothing to say, this season is awful," and the problem is they're right.

I wonder if it's that talented people no longer go out for this show, or if the producers really are casting for drama over skill, or they are artificially compressing the show. I love the *concept* of so many reality TV shows but have been realizing lately that they're not bringing in people who shine, or giving them enough time *to* shine.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:39 am

I think it's that they're casting for drama over skill. Remember, it's now a Bunim/Murray production.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  Salieri Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Well, it's not like that win wasn't telegraphed from the very first episode. Holy crap, has there ever been a more mediocre final two?
Salieri
Salieri

Back to top Go down

Post  paablish Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:48 pm

I stopped watching this season after episode two. It just didn't have the same feel as the first few seasons. And now I feel pretty bad because I gushed about Project Runway to my friend and we got the first few seasons from Netflix. Rewatching the old seasons really does bring home the fact that this show is now about drama before any sort of skill requirements. I don't know if they can turn it around.

paablish

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:01 am

I changed the channel when the tongue-bathing of Anya started. Yawn. I watched the most boring sport on Earth, Baseball, rather than see her win. What a mess.

ETA: And JOSH was runner-up? Well. Fucking bull shit all around.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:55 am

Crap. Utter crap. Any show that has a woman who's only been sewing for four months winning and a guy whose sense of style wouldn't get him into a bad strip club into second doesn't deserve watching.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:19 am

I don't like Anya and I don't think she should have won (and Josh came in second? WTF?), but I have to say, the misogyny in the posts over at TLo is killing me. Her designs are boring, her clothes are poorly constructed, and she still can't sew a sleeve to save her life, and that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Anya's Design Problems; is it really necessary to resort to calling her a whore or mentioning a sex tape only uber-fans have heard about in every single comment? Gross.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:59 am

About all I can say about that is:

MEH

I really expect the Rungay boys to announce they're quitting this show. Or to announce that if they blog next season that they'll be doing it completely drunk off their ass.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:04 am

Congratulations, Anya. You won Project Runway by cutting large triangles out of fabric and adding just enough stitches to keep it from falling down.

But everybody's clothes sucked. I thought Victor had it until he came out with all those sheers.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:34 am

Two nights in a row of my fave not winning. I honestly didn't love Viktor's prints half as much as the judges did, but man, his clothes are always tailored so gorgeously! There really was a huge divide between his two sets of clothes though, which is odd.

I loved most of Anya's pieces, but seriously, she does the same things over and over again. She can work a print like no one's business, but this show is about design, and it's like she designed a millioncaftans or jumpers all season.

And last but not least, I actually wanted Josh to win over Anya once Viktor was out of the running. I don't necessarily love his POV, but he has a very strong one that feels so different from what anyone else was doing this season. And despite acting like an asshole pretty much all season, I still kinda like him a lot though I'm not sure why. Usually, contestants like him make me wanna rage and curse at the TV, but Laura was the one who bugged the living hell out of me. Did she ever make anything noteworthy this season? She was always going on about having elegant and expensive taste, and her clothes were so boring and unmemorable. I can't recall a single outfit she made.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:26 am

Anya won? She can have a good career making floaty maxi dresses for the flat chested in tropical destinations.

I stopped watching when after the episode where the clients were husbands and boyfriends. I think the straw that broke the camel's back was when Nina told the woman whose husband waxed lyrical about her (admittedly impressive) breasts that the length of her skirt was tacky, which bugged for at least 3 reasons.

Worst of all, the first part of the reason was curiously light on Tim Gunn.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:30 am

Ugh. I miss my show.

I can't believe they were considering Josh for the win.

I had a question: how do you pronounce "L'Wren"? I thought it was "el-wren", but Heidi pronounced it "lauren".

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  preciosa Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:50 am

I feel like this girl's presence will haunt me until I fucking die. (I went to HS with her and we still move in the same circles.) She's just always there, always seeking the spotlight, always on camera (hello sex tapes!).

I was over her before she was on PR and now even more so because she's going to be everywhere.

ETA: This is the thing that gets me about her designs, if anyone ever came to T&T Fashion Week, they would see the actual great designers that she's cribbed off of (Meiling, Heather Jones, Claudia Pegus).

preciosa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next