Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars I Like

+87
mrinsouciance
Bad Username
Disclaimer
Swarley
LadyGayle
chick binewski
Morning Angel
Grainne Mhaol
jennlynnster
Wildog27
Matinee
gannetguts
Nerg
mandalaya
The Dude
year of the cat
Skyblade
eco
naughty zoot
Melk
Binky
Corvus
katesti
Raised by wolves
Cynara
emrie
puddingcup
rat kitten
mayram
swsa
Rhilin
darthtall
Soleil
lil d
Poubelle
mokey75
laurelin_kit
laddical
vwlphb
EggSpreader
Unlucky Bear
Carrie Ann
Red Wolf
epudom
jstilwe
TiffanyNichelle
BreezyK
maxell131313
bbridges
Decca
Escape
The Glen
Never Enough
Raksha
particle_person
inversed
punkysdilemma
Crowbridge
big chicken
sagitare
MtOlivePickles
dinahmoe
Coneycat
biakbiak
Paris, Texas
Instant Monkeys
Herinice
Kiran
ActonBell
Renny Sue
punzy
Eris Rising
Putli Bai
truecrystal
Shadowlass
blixie
nikita
jcpdiesel21
NewYorkStranger
Cutebutpsycho
Miss Moneypenny
Auroura76
queenofdenile
whatthedeuce
Gillian
Lis
caltrask55
91 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Stars I Like - Page 9 Empty Re: Stars I Like

Post  The Dude Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:57 am

Tourists bitch!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:27 pm

He's so normal and casual like it doesn't bug him at all. It's really sweet that he takes time to do that when he sees tourists come by.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:36 am

I keep forgetting about Sam Rockwell, but every time I see him in a movie, I remember he's amazing and I love him. Just heard about the movie Moon, which came out a couple years ago, and it looks like virtually a one man movie, and I want to see it. I think I have a thing for actors who are good at playing stylish psychopaths, because I also love Gary Oldman and John Malkovich.

Last edited by puddingcup on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:35 pm

I just saw The Way Way Back, and Sam is an absolute delight in that movie! I was reminded how much I love him as well.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:56 pm

Puddingcup, Moon is a terrific movie and Sam is amazing in it. I can't recommend it enough!

Speaking of being Sam being awesome, I have lost count of the number of times I've watched this. (and moar here!)
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Lawndogs was the first film I ever saw him in, and have had an actor crush on him ever since.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:56 pm

He totally nailed it as Chuck Barris in Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind, and I say that as someone who grew up on The Gong Show.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Oh, yay, on the Sam Rockwell love. Yes, the dancing is a big part of it too. I've only just started watching Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Funny that he and Drew Barrymore were a couple in two movies, this and Charlie's Angels (love the dance scene in that). They look cute together. I don't really want to learn more about him personally, in case he's a jerk, because I enjoy him so much on screen.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:54 pm

puddingcup wrote:I keep forgetting about Sam Rockwell, but every time I see him in a movie, I remember he's amazing and I love him. Just heard about the movie Moon, which came out a couple years ago, and it looks like virtually a one man movie, and I want to see it. I think I have a thing for actors who are good at playing stylish psychopaths, because I also love Gary Oldman and John Malkovich.
Ok, so I was just about to post that Sam Rockwell plays psychopaths so brilliantly that I kinda wonder about him as a person and then I watched that dancing clip. Holy crap, that was awesome.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:41 pm

I love him so much. He and Leslie Bibb are one of my favourite celebrity couple too.

He does play psychos REALLY WELL. And they are all DIFFERENT types of psychos too which is impressive.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerg Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Kiran wrote:He and Leslie Bibb are one of my favourite celebrity couple too.
Whaaaaat? How did I not know this? So random yet so perfect.

Nerg

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:11 pm

He's with Leslie Bibb? Didn't know that!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:35 pm

I think I knew that at some point, but totally forgot! That is an excellent couple.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:54 am

Doesn't he attempt to work a dance into practically every movie he's in? Ugh, I love him.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:39 am

gannetguts wrote:Doesn't he attempt to work a dance into practically every movie he's in? Ugh, I love him.
And also on Fallon.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:00 am

Yessssssss good.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:53 am

gannetguts wrote:Doesn't he attempt to work a dance into practically every movie he's in? Ugh, I love him.
I think so, and I love that. But then I love it when John Travolta does that, too. It may be the only thing I love about Travolta. I think it should be required that all actors who are good dancers shoehorn in a dance bit into everything they're in. Got that, Channing Tatum? Who else? Do not feel the same about singing, though, where I get a Jenna Maroney vibe.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:32 pm

I can't figure out where to post this, and I like both of them, so--

What on earth is Tom Hiddleston saying, and why is Nathan Fillion so excited about it?

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:51 pm

"This white shirt looks great on me."

"OMG yes it does! Squee!"
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:01 pm

swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Ha. My favorite part is him downloading the last season on AMAZON. For some reason him all capping it, and my then imagining him DL'ing is making me laugh super hard.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:43 pm

I've been reading this oral history of Elliott Smith, which is great, and halfway through it, they get to the Oscars performance. Obviously, that was very uncomfortable and weird for him. But then his managers said:
But the highlight of that event for Elliott was that Celine Dion made him feel comfortable, from backstage to onstage. It really was amazing. She made him really feel at home, like he was one of them. [...] Celine Dion was really awesome to him. She really was.
And then my husband found this interview where Elliott described it himself:
Although the Academy Awards ceremony didn't sit too well with Smith, and he, as well as his bright white suit, was trashed on television, he says it did force him to change his mind about Celine Dion, who performed right after he did. "She was really sweet, which has made it impossible for me to dislike Celine Dion anymore. Even though I can't stand the music that she makes-with all due respect, I don't like it much at all-but she herself was very, very nice. She asked me if I was nervous, and I said, 'Yeah,' and she was like, 'That's good because you get your adrenaline going, and it'll make your song better. It's a beautiful song.' Then she gave me a big hug. It was too much. It was too human to be dismissed simply because I find her music trite."
It's not like I've ever thought she was a bad person, but it sounds to me like she really went above and beyond with someone who was sort of notoriously difficult to talk to, so I love her forever now. (Also I couldn't really read that second interview, because he was clean at the time and there was so much potential.)
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:29 pm

Carrie Ann wrote:I've been reading this oral history of Elliott Smith, which is great, and halfway through it, they get to the Oscars performance. Obviously, that was very uncomfortable and weird for him. But then his managers said:
But the highlight of that event for Elliott was that Celine Dion made him feel comfortable, from backstage to onstage. It really was amazing. She made him really feel at home, like he was one of them. [...] Celine Dion was really awesome to him. She really was.
And then my husband found this interview where Elliott described it himself:
Although the Academy Awards ceremony didn't sit too well with Smith, and he, as well as his bright white suit, was trashed on television, he says it did force him to change his mind about Celine Dion, who performed right after he did. "She was really sweet, which has made it impossible for me to dislike Celine Dion anymore. Even though I can't stand the music that she makes-with all due respect, I don't like it much at all-but she herself was very, very nice. She asked me if I was nervous, and I said, 'Yeah,' and she was like, 'That's good because you get your adrenaline going, and it'll make your song better. It's a beautiful song.' Then she gave me a big hug. It was too much. It was too human to be dismissed simply because I find her music trite."
It's not like I've ever thought she was a bad person, but it sounds to me like she really went above and beyond with someone who was sort of notoriously difficult to talk to, so I love her forever now. (Also I couldn't really read that second interview, because he was clean at the time and there was so much potential.)
After watching the documentary on her tour, I loved her forever. I think people read her cheesiness as fake, whereas I think she really is just that nice and sincere.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:25 pm

I always like hearing Kathy Griffin tell stories of how nice Celine has been to her even when she knows Kathy takes jabs at Rene and their marriage in her stand-up shows. She seems to be a very genuine and kind woman with a pretty good sense of humor.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:16 am

I feel so fortunate to have a chance to see Elliott perform before he passed, he was a great talent. And I will always love Celine, her music is schmaltzy in just the right way and she seems like an awesome person.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next