Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Blood

+26
Esseilte
sunni94
wenchsenior
mandalaya
Cynara
Raised by wolves
Snarryfan
MaddyCat
dday515
Evil Lincoln
SNeaker
MichiSichi
Count_Bloodcount
sagitare
mokey75
Menshevixen
Corvus
gannetguts
RiverThames
Agent Sculder
Jessica
TiffanyNichelle
blixie
truecrystal
dreago
RubberMan
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

True Blood Empty True Blood

Post  RubberMan Fri May 11, 2012 6:56 am

Season 5 "everything is at stake" posters. Everyone looks sooo gorgeous. Minor spoiler that
Spoiler:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s59/true-blood/news/a381053/true-blood-season-five-character-posters-everything-is-at-stake.html

RubberMan

Back to top Go down

True Blood Empty Re: True Blood

Post  dreago Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:45 pm

Bumping it because it's back on tonight! I thought last season was a bit of a mess. Ok, it was a lot of mess. But here's hoping this season brings us back to Season One camp and glory!

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:28 am

If it wasn't for Jason Stackhouse I would've quit watching this show a long time ago.

I was glad when they "killed" Tara last season because I really don't think they know how to use female characters who aren't Sookie (and even that might be up for argument) on this show and poor Tara had been through the piss-poor storyline wringer. But I will be REALLY pissed if they brought her back just to have her running around as some Psycho!Vamp all season.

The Authority story has me intrigued as does the potential of a Sookie-less Eric and Bill and the return of Russell Edgington. Otherwise, Hoyt, Sam, Sam's girlfriend, the Pack, and Jennifer Garner's ex-husband leave me with a big ol' ball of meh. But hey, at least they didn't mention Hot Shot.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:37 am

If it wasn't for Jason Stackhouse I would've quit watching this show a long time ago.

For real, I love him so much. And per usual it took about 15 minutes before my eyes rolled out of my head with the show having the guy who was raped for 90% of last year say he asked for it from Newlin. C'mon! I like how they are handling he and Jessica though. I like Hoyte/Jess/Jason so if they want to milk that triangle all season I'd be fine with that.

I liked more than I didn't like last night including for the first time ever finding Eric hot,and that was before I found out Nora was his sister, but DIZZAM that was a hot make out scene. More of that Skarsgaard!

I'm still mad about Jessica Tuck facing the true death though. Nan was so fucking awesome, and she will be missed.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Things that I loved from last night's episode includes Hoyt freezing out Jason because he deserves it, the newfound bromance of Bill and Eric, and Bill's new hair (yay).

Things that I hated were Jason being hung up on Jessica (hate this storyline), Lafayette getting rid of that horrible hair from last season, Tara becoming a vampire. I loved Tara in season 1, didn't care about her so much in season 2 and she completely lost me in the last two seasons but OFTLOG why didn't they just kill her off instead of torturing her and me by making her vampire? Or better yet, why couldn't she and Sam ride off into the sunset together the way I wanted in season 1.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:12 pm

There is something comforting to me that True Blood will always come back and be kind of all over the place and a hot mess. A FUN hot mess, but...yes, it's still a hot mess. Rev. Newlin has the potential to be good, I think -- I laughed out loud at "I'm a gay vampire American. AND I LOVE YOU JASON STACKHOUSE." -- and I'm excited about the Return of Russell. And I LOVE Pam. And the Eric/Bill Bromance. So that's a lot to enjoy, which is good because I am pretty sure this Tara storyline is going to be TERRIBLE and I am so so so so so so so so over the werewolves (except Alcide can stay) and I am so sad that Sam is stuck in that dumb-ass story.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Jessica, I pretty much agree with everything you said. If there is one set of storylines the show could lose, it's all the stuff with the shapeshifters and the weres. I also grieve that poor Sam is caught up in all that because I have always liked his character.

I'm also not thrilled with the idea that Tara could be some sort of messed up vampire. That would be TERRIBLE. I'm hoping she's going to be basically OK, and if that's the case I look forward to her and Pam bitching each other out all the time.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:52 pm

I'm such an easy whore for this show. It gives me blood and nudity and melodrama and that's all I ask. Even with the werewolves. If for nothing else, said werewolves don't have Magical PG-13 Pants.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:08 am

It just reminded me yet again that SOOKIE IS THE WORST FRIEND.

But it almost made up for it with Pam in that tracksuit. And Alcide growling. And nudity.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:24 am

I am not moved by the werewolf story, and the nice fellow playing Alcide seems a good enough actor, but I'm just not feeling him at all, but it was all worth it to have him stand there to be on the receiving end of Lafayette's supreme world-ending bitch face.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Menshevixen Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:49 am

I swear if anyone messes with Terry...

I have extreme Terry love.

I can't wait for Russell's crazyfangs self to show up and wreck shit. He is amazing. I'm glad Tara isn't dead, because she is one of my favorites, but she has NEVER had a good storyline and I doubt they'll start doing right by her now. Though Pam in that track suit was a gem. PAM.
Menshevixen
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:45 pm

Someone on another forum speculated that VampireTara is going to take the place of Bubba from the books.
And I totally agree that they need to lose some of the storylines. The weres are obvious, but we should also lose the freaking fairies, too. (Even though they haven't shown up yet.)
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:45 am

I don't know if I'm up for another season of Angry!Tara. I liked her initially because I saw her as a flawed but strong person, but it gets tiring to deal with her character when she's always in her default angry and defiant "Fuck all y'all" persona. Just...chill out a bit (although after what she went through with the vampires and now being one? Yeah, not holding my breath for that to happen). And now rumours that she's going to be the Bubba character? Man, neither Tara nor Rutina deserve to be saddled with that. I hope that doesn't turn out to be true because Tara could be such a great kick-ass vampire.

The Bill and Eric Travelling Roadshow has potential (especially given the lack of Sookie around either of them) as does the return of Russell. I have no idea what's going on with Terry's army buddy so let's get a move on with that Show, thanks. I am only interested in the werewolves when it involves shirtless Alcide so let's get a move on with *that* as well, Show (the growling bit was a good start).

That scene with Jason and the ex-Reverend was *hilarious*. His "gay vampire" bit was brilliant, but the "I love you!" as he's flying out the door was *gold*. Some solid humour there which I liked a lot. Can't wait to see where that little story arc goes.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:39 am

I don't know if I'm up for another season of Angry!Tara. I liked her initially because I saw her as a flawed but strong person, but it gets tiring to deal with her character when she's always in her default angry and defiant "Fuck all y'all" persona.

They were pushing the stereotype of the "angry black woman" real hard and now they then went right over into "our only(!)black woman is inhuman" which, ugh from one racist caricature to another, huh? At least she can talk and they haven't made her brain dead and feral, all "black woman as beast". Tara needs layers ASAP- making the white girl feel better about herself is not enough. OF COURSE, Sookie's nostalgic memory of her is Tara acting like her bodyguard. OF COURSE. I don't want to get all TWOPish up in here, but I'm seriously hating Sookie. Like a lot. It's gone from eye-rolling to full on hate.

A little disappointed by the Pam backstory. I dunno, I was expecting more heat. I've never really felt much chemistry between Eric and Pam. Love, protection, affection, but no heat. Love the top hat though.

I do love the political stuff. No matter how campy, the political intrigue of any show always interests me. I thought it was a nice twist that the Authority is not fundamentalist in outlook but they do believe that some parts of their bible is literal. Or maybe they are so fundamentalist that they came full circle? Mainstream and then turn the tables on the cows? But I don't buy that they would suspect Erica and Bill to be fundies. Fuck-ups, yes, fundies no. In Season 1 the magistrate was punishing Bill for putting a human first, so yeah, not buying it.

Nora is very pretty. Let's have more of her please. Hope the Terry story line is somewhat supernatural and not just PTSD. I'd like to see Jessica do something more than party and feel conflicted over Jason. I don't want to see Hoyt wearing eyeliner.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:23 am

This show is so freaking frustrating. I almost shut it off 10 minutes in, because I was really only interested in the Bill/Eric/Nora/The authority story, and they kept jumping around to shit I don't care about.
I wish Lafayette had staked Tara. I'm over her. And I'm totally confused about why Jessica and Pam don't realize that Bill and Eric are in danger. I know Eric and Pam were fighting, and Bill told Jessica not to contact them, but wouldn't they still know?
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:50 am

Dude Nora had better not be True Dead. I like her a lot as well as this Authority storyline. I shipping Eric/Nora super sized,I don't think I've seen him look so pained about losing anyone since his vampire dad met the sun.

t was a nice twist that the Authority is not fundamentalist in outlook but they do believe that some parts of their bible is literal. Or maybe they are so fundamentalist that they came full circle?

They want a sustainable food source, they don't want human's over-fished or to find themselves engaged in a war with the sacred food source. Vampires for the Ethical Treatment for Humans. But it is weird then that they think Eric/Bill two well know semi-human lovers would be Fundamentalists who want to kill them all. That didn't seem to be the ethic of Nora and the vamps who were going to help Eric/Bill either, so it may be just one big long con to some end that Ball will pull out of his ass.

but wouldn't they still know?

I want to know how Newlin knows, or at least seems to, the Authority must be using him at least in part as a new Nan Flannigan.

Everything to do with Tara/Sookie was painful except Layfayette's totally correct instinct to stake her.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:43 am

There are just way too many subplots happening now. Every supporting character now have their own storyline complete with supporting characters. I like Sam but omg I don't care about Luna's daughter being a wolf or why she suddenly turned into a huge bitch. Alcide's hot but he only needs to show up every once in a while to growl and take off his shirt, don't care about him being packmaster or not. The Bellefleurs only work as funny lilttle side characters, don't need a whole story about Terry's war days or the sheriff hooking up with Holly.

Sam should just sell Merlotte's to Arlene and Terry since they are the only ones who work there. I am so over Tara and I want happy Lafayette back. Jessica going all bratty princess with "my daddy's the King!" made me laugh but how does Steve know about Bill's problems because he was quick with that "not anymore" stuff. Who made Steve, how is he so connected to vampire things already. Where the hell did this vampire bible thing come from?
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:31 pm

dreago wrote:OF COURSE, Sookie's nostalgic memory of her is Tara acting like her bodyguard. OF COURSE. I don't want to get all TWOPish up in here, but I'm seriously hating Sookie. Like a lot. It's gone from eye-rolling to full on hate.
No, I totally get that - I feel much the same way. I believe it was when she was trying to convince Lafayette to not stake Tara, the way she was talking about how Tara'd get used to it or eventually come around, that sort of thing, came out like she was talking about some feral animal they had just taken in. Like, just so condescending I kind of couldn't believe it. Sookie is incredibly self-centered, and the idea she'd be on board with doing this Tara knowing what Tara went thought just says so much about Sookie. At least Lafayette had the decency to realize what they did was incredibly wrong. I wish he had staked Tara, too. I also wish one or both of them would have had the decency to at least try to clean Tara up while she was asleep.

I'm quite liking the whole Authority storyline, mostly because there are a couple of quite good actors there, heh. But the whole Terry thing, not to mention the fucking wolf thing, should just drop off the face of the earth (but somehow keep Alcide around for random shirtlessness). I couldn't believe it when Sam was trying to get whatsherface to make friends with that wolf pack - is this not the same pack that he would have cheerfully dropkicked into the Grand Canyon if given half a chance? The same one both he and Alcide have run afoul of a number of times? At least Alcide still remembers he hates them. Sam's whole speech to his (ex)girlfriend just made no sense at all, and then to basically tell her *she's* the one with the problem because she wants nothing to do with the crazy bastards? Dude, you're standing there all bloodied because of the beat down this pack just laid on *you*, and if it hadn't been for Alcide showing up the pack would have *killed* you. Now its "No really, your daughter should totally get to know them." Good grief.

Thankfully the episode had some Steve - Steve! - who was so hilarious when he boogied his way into Bill's house that I had to rewind and watch that bit a bunch of times. He's got to be doing something with the Authority - clearly he's got some other agenda going on besides 'Oh gee, I've been randomly turned into a vampire!'.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Both Steve and Jason are cracking me up. When the kid came to the police station to beat up Jason, and Andy was all, "have you slept with EVERYONE?" and Jason was all mournfully like, "it's pretty close," I totally laughed. Jason ALWAYS makes me laugh. Well, other than Hotshot, which I hated so much.

Every supporting character now have their own storyline complete with supporting characters. I like Sam but omg I don't care about Luna's daughter being a wolf or why she suddenly turned into a huge bitch. Alcide's hot but he only needs to show up every once in a while to growl and take off his shirt, don't care about him being packmaster or not. The Bellefleurs only work as funny lilttle side characters, don't need a whole story about Terry's war days or the sheriff hooking up with Holly.
So true. I think part of the issue is the way they decided to handle the passage of time on this show -- with NO time at all passing between episodes. So they can't ever just open one week with Sam being behind the bar FOR ONCE at Merlotte's and being all, "Hey, Arlene, I broke up with that shifter lady with the werewolf kid when I found out her job transferred her to Des Moines. I heard you and Terry fixed his PTSD! That's great. Hey, where's Lafayette? He hasn't been to work in weeks!" If they write themselves into a corner in terms of a story clicking, it's really hard to write themselves out of it quickly.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:23 pm

I'm seriously hating Sookie. Like a lot. It's gone from eye-rolling to full on hate.

I've hated Sookie for quite some time and it's mostly because of her relationship with Tara. What kills me is that Sookie is the main one who pays absolutely no attention to Tara until she needs help with her vamps even knowing how Tara feels about vampires, but yet she's all "I can't live without my Tara!" As soon as Bill and/or Eric make an appearance, she'll go back to being all "Tara who?". I really can't stand Sookie.

I think part of the issue is the way they decided to handle the passage of time on this show -- with NO time at all passing between episodes.

I've always thought this was a huge problem with this show. Everything happens within, like, a month, so not only are they stuck with crappy storylines for an entire season, but character actions and motivations come off as seriously ridiculous considering that MAJOR SHIT happened a few days/weeks before in show time and everybody seems to forget it. Like, wasn't the Sookie is a fairy thing A Big Deal? Shouldn't the pack be more curious about where Debbie Pelt is? Does anyone else care that Jesus is dead?

But then again, it is good news that they have forgotten Hotshot.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Shouldn't Tara have gone ever more buggers over her taste of Sookie's yummy Fae blood? Shouldn't /Pam/ gone a bit twitchy over Sookie's yu--- Never mind.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:45 am

Corvus wrote:Shouldn't Tara have gone ever more buggers over her taste of Sookie's yummy Fae blood? Shouldn't /Pam/ gone a bit twitchy over Sookie's yu--- Never mind.
Yes. Just enjoy the pretty, basically.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Count_Bloodcount Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:54 am

I'm glad they dropped the Bill/Sookie/Eric triangle, at least for now, because it's boring.

Actually, much of the show is boring now. I like Eric/Bill facing the Authority and what little we saw of Roman piques my interest, but Jason/Jessica? Ran its course. Terry going crazy? Sam and Nora? Sookie and Lafayette (who I usually love) fretting over Tara? I just can't seem to care.

Count_Bloodcount

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:37 am

And I'll say again -- SOOKIE IS THE WORST FRIEND IN THE HISTORY OF FRIENDSHIPS OMG.

I was looking forward to Meloni and he camped it up admirably.

I kind of liked Pam's backstory. Shades of Jack the Ripper (yeah, I know, prostitute killings aren't exactly irregular, but I just got that vibe despite the time and place).

I watched Steve Newlin dancing SO MANY TIMES hilarious oh man.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  Menshevixen Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:44 am

Jessica acting like a vampire mob princess is my new favorite thing. I also enjoy vampire politics and the Authority stuff/Bill and Eric's epic road trip should be fun.

Sam needs to shut up. I wanted to strangle him during that fight with Luna. I don't really care about that storyline, but Luna gets to decide what's right for her daughter, not Sam, and dammit just werewolves go away please I am tired of you.
Menshevixen
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next