Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking Bad

+35
choubetcha
Kookla
RiverThames
Corellderaan
queenofdenile
chick binewski
Never Enough
Matinee
Shadowlass
formerlyrandom
Binky
Agent Sculder
Fiammetta
Eris Rising
mokey75
Jude
biakbiak
Gallifrey Girl
Mori_LeStrange
Disclaimer
gannetguts
violetq
xyzzy
laddical
salamandersam
punkysdilemma
bottle
Morning Angel
darthtall
The Dude
nikita
Shalamar
Fraoch
Dachelle
Instant Monkeys
39 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Breaking Bad - Page 4 Empty Re: Breaking Bad

Post  Binky Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:06 pm

I dunno, I don't think they've eliminated Jesse as a danger. I mean...not a particularly well organized or intelligent danger to Walt, but still. And I'd group Lydia in with the theoretical Czechs, who I kind of think we might never meet. I think it's a combination of Jesse and Lydia's group that will expose everything.

I guess I'm hoping that Jesse does somehow bring Walt down.

I do not think the Jane thing will ever come out. I think only Walter knowing he contributed to her death was part of his shifting moral compass, but it doesn't really change much (besides making Jesse crazier). Everyone already knows Walt is murdering nutcase - he's proven that a lot since then.

Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:11 pm

I hope it ends Jesse killing Walt - to Walt's dumbfounded surprise - Hank observing it and going "eh, I'll let that go".

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:10 pm

I am FINALLY all caught up so I can stop avoiding the internet on Mondays, heh. And now I need a hug and a nap, because jeebus.

Instant Monkeys wrote:
Oh, Jesse. I wanted you to go to Alaska and leave it all behind, I really did.

Just seeing Todd on screen makes me nervous. Also he really reminds me of a young Matt Damon. I think that sort of sweet-kid look plus his obvious instability/judgment problems just unnerve me.
Yeah, I really wanted him to go to Hank's, spill everything, and then go to Alaska.

And Todd totally looks like a young Matt Damon. I told my husband yesterday that I want him and the dude who plays Morgan on New Girl (who looks like a missing Wahlberg) to do a buddy comedy together.

My current working theory is that Walt is saving the ricin for himself, and will take it right before he turns himself in, somehow framing Hank/the DEA and getting one last Fuck You in.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:49 pm

I've heard the ricin suicide theory, but it makes more sense with your suggestion of tying it to Hank; that would suit Walt's vindictiveness nicely. He'd be sending himself to Belize and Hank to prison simultaneously.

Or I suppose he could arrange for a meeting with Hank under the guise of negotiating a surrender, and poison them both. I can just imagine him lording Hank's impending death over him, while Hank has a normal, freaked out reaction and Walter has that icy anger thing going on.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:09 am

What doesn't sit right with me is Walt confronting Hank about the tracker. Walt was retired and not going anywhere that would tip off Hank and saw how Gus decoyed him on the same trick. Just seemed something to move the plot along and not matching Walt's normal intelligence.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:26 am

But Walt's ego always trumps his intelligence -- there was no way he was going to keep that knowledge about the tracker to himself.

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:11 pm

It was pointed out to me by Teh Internets (Sepinwall's review maybe?) that Hank used the same (kind of) tracker on Walt's car that Hank and Walt had used to track Gus. And so it would be like, intolerably insulting to Walt's intelligence for him NOT to immediately let Hank know that he knew it was from him, because if he couldn't make that connection then he would be an IDIOT, and Walt CANNOT BEAR to have anyone not know how smart he is. I think if Hank had made it less obvious he might have waited, but he just couldn't do it because he couldn't pretend to be that unobservant.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:50 pm

I listen to Kelley Dixon's (one of the main editors) insider podcast and Vince and various other PTB confirmed that it was also about Walt couldn't take the chance of Hank building up a case behind Walt's back. It was better to have everything out in the open, since there was no question in Walt's mind that Hank had figured it out (not just the tracker, but the book with Gale's inscription being missing).

Now, as far as Walt's ego, that's what I blame for leaving "Leaves of Grass" out in the open!

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:57 pm

There's one thing that confused me. Why did Jessie suddenly get riled up about thinking Walt had poisoned the kid with the ricin from the cigarette? The doc (or the police, I forget) at the hospital told him it *wasn't* ricin, and Jessie doesn't know about Walt's lily-of-the-valley trick.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Jesse realized that his theory when he thought Brock has been poisoned by Ricin - than Huell lifted it off of him and gave it to Walter was plausible after Huell lifted the pot off of him. And this comes after all the tricks and clearly homicidal behavior against other people Walt has shown him, such that even if Brock wasn't poisoned with Ricin, Jesse finally understood that Walt totally would have poisoned Brock with something to get Jesse to go along with him.

I think the bigger issue was Jesse seeing the house of murderous cards built by Walt, with Jesse's help, and realizing that, as he said, Mr. White is the devil.

It is a little stretchy, but I buy Jesse being really torn up by A) Killing Gale, B) Knowing Walt disappeared Mike, and finally understanding C) Walt would totally poison a kid to manipulate Jesse into doing his bidding. So it was the straw that broke the camel's back, slightly out of chronological order.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Also, it really just proved that Huell was capable of lifting the ricin cigarette (Walt claimed it was a ridiculous notion) and then Saul confirmed it to be true. Jesse doesn't need to know why it changed from ricin to Lily of the Valley. The point was that Walt lied about doing anything and framed it as "How dare Jesse even think Walt would entertain the idea."

That and it just made everything else related to what Walt has done that Jesse knows about to come crashing down.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:20 pm

Binky wrote:Jesse realized that his theory when he thought Brock has been poisoned by Ricin - than Huell lifted it off of him and gave it to Walter was plausible after Huell lifted the pot off of him. And this comes after all the tricks and clearly homicidal behavior against other people Walt has shown him, such that even if Brock wasn't poisoned with Ricin, Jesse finally understood that Walt totally would have poisoned Brock with something to get Jesse to go along with him.

I think the bigger issue was Jesse seeing the house of murderous cards built by Walt, with Jesse's help, and realizing that, as he said, Mr. White is the devil.
And it's also after Walt ultimately brushed off the killing of Drew Sharp, demonstrating vividly that the death of a child doesn't mean much to him.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:09 pm

OMG this show is going to give me a freaking heart attack. Walter finally does something decent and it's too damn late.

I gotta say though, I LOVED seeing Jesse and Hank team up to finally get the better of Walt. Walt always underestimated Jesse and this time it really came back to get him.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:38 am

Jesus Christ, Hank, don't call your wife and give her that kind of phone call on this show of all shows. 

Also, everyone in that firefight has the worst aim ever.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  chick binewski Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:45 am

As I've just completed a five and a half season Breaking Bad power-watch over the past three weeks, tonight's episode was the first I viewed "live". Heart attack moment for me was the Hank/Marie phone call: I was all "no, no Hank no time for sweetness Nazis don't care who they shoot and they don't need a reason and you know they're coming up right behind you!" I fucking hate Nazis. Especially Uncle Nazi who I've loathed since he took a swing at Randy in Valley Girl.

And poor Matt Damon Howdy Doody child-killing motherfucker Todd is busy writing "Todd Rodarte-Quayle" in his Trapper Keeper. Ugh, Todd.
chick binewski
chick binewski

Back to top Go down

Post  Mori_LeStrange Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:42 am

Is it Sunday yet?

The entire time they were out in the desert I wanted to yell at my TV for Hank to shut up and get everyone out of there. This show is determined to give me a heart attack before it's over.

Mori_LeStrange

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:43 am

punkysdilemma wrote:Jesus Christ, Hank, don't call your wife and give her that kind of phone call on this show of all shows. 

Also, everyone in that firefight has the worst aim ever.
I am hoping that the "I love you" call was a swerve, and that because they EXPECT us to think it means Hank's dead, he won't be. And this can't be the way Jesse goes out, but unless the cavalry shows up, or there's a stash of weapons in Walt's car, I don't know how he's going to get out of there.  Well, except for the fact that, as you said, everyone has the worst aim ever.

I thought Gomez was a goner as soon as I heard he was going to be on Talking Bad, heh. But I figured he was going to get killed on Hank's rogue operation, and then Hank was going to be in deep shit with the DEA.

Walter Jr.'s pure delight at Saul was awesome.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:28 am

I am certain that Gomie bites it. I think Hank might live for another episode. My guess is the Nazis grab Jesse and try to force him to cook for them - or Walt gets them to not kill him because he needs help cooking.

I too was having a heart attack in the last five minutes.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:47 am

As I was watching I was thinking "OK, SOMEONE is going to die in this and I don't think it's Jesse and it's obviously not Walt and maybe it's Hank? but maybe not quite yet but it's got to be somebody that we actually know and not just one of the crazy uncles so who is left...GOMEZ. Oh, poor Gomez. None of this shit is your fault. You are so dead right now. Farewell."

(we'll see, of course, but that's my guess.)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:43 pm

I'll estimate that Gomez is gone, a couple of Nazis are going to bite it, Hank's 50-50, Jesse survives, Walt's obviously a survivor.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:57 am

chick binewski wrote: I fucking hate Nazis.
You wouldn't happen to be in a Blues band with your brother would you?

Three episodes left and a capital offense of killing a fed. I have to assume Walt goes to the Saul's cleaner and heads to New Hampshire. The Next episode could be the last before the time jump.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiammetta Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:58 pm

I just can't. This show is THE MOST STRESSFUL. I get stomach pains while watching.

But amidst the moment of horror and awfulness, there's still that vein of dark humor, like Hank screaming "This is about family!" while Skylar and Flynn cower. God, this show.

Fiammetta

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:19 am

The episode certainly lived up to it's namesake. "Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Indeed, Walt, indeed.

I actually though the episode was over ten minutes before it did! And then I checked a clock and realized it couldn't be over yet. And good Lord, that phone call. Just give Cranston the Emmy already. No one is gonna even get CLOSE to topping that.

My final thought: I want terrible, terrible things to happen to Todd.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:05 am

Yeah, BB is going to clean up at the Emmys. Like they should just have Breaking Bad categories and then "best of the rest" categories.

I predicted that Walt would be rescuing Jesse from the Nazis, but now I am afraid he's going to come after the Nazis with the assault rifle to avenge Hank...and he's going to kill Jesse on purpose. He told him about Jane and then ordered his death while staring at him. Oh poor Jesse.

The White family should have police protection after the threats Walt made with the police listening, but I still don't trust Vince Gilligan not to do horrible things to the White children.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:42 am

Jesus. Bryan Cranston nearly had me in tears just holding Holly in the restroom while she said "Mama" over and over, and then that phone call happened. Clear room on the mantel right now.

Also, I gasped when Walt made the admission about Jane. I really thought that would never come to light.

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum