Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Works of Christina Aguilera

3 posters

Go down

The Works of Christina Aguilera Empty The Works of Christina Aguilera

Post  Crowbridge Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Since she released a new album this week, I thought it was appropriate to start a thread in her honor. It's getting good reviews, but I think it's just okay. Listenable. I like "Red Hot Kinda Love" and "Make the World Move", but the the other tracks don't really get me going.

I still think her best album was Back to Basics. A lot of people say Stripped is her masterpiece, but I was always more partial to BtB. The feel of it was more fun, and that's exactly what I like in my pop music. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

The Works of Christina Aguilera Empty Re: The Works of Christina Aguilera

Post  eventide82 Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:30 pm

I also think her best album has been Back to Basics. I love Stripped, but with BtB I think she just completely hit the mark every time, with every song on there. The retro glam image she cultivated was so polished, and the songs had such a gorgeous blend of sounds that worked so well with that image. Bionic didn't do a lot for me, though I did really like the songs on there that she co-wrote with Sia (You Lost Me is one of her best ballads, IMO).

I....do not love the lead single Your Body. It's the only song from the album I've heard and it doesn't do a lot for me, which is disappointing, because I love Christina.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:47 am

I don't like "Your Body", either. It's just not catchy enough.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:19 pm

The more I listen the more I'm starting to like Just a Fool. I believe it's the Blake Shelton element.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down