Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Originals

+10
Grainne Mhaol
Heather
truecrystal
Raksha
Raised by wolves
Gallifrey Girl
blixie
Carrie Ann
xyzzy
Kiran
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Originals - Page 2 Empty Re: The Originals

Post  Raksha Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:24 am

He is magical. I started watching American Horror Story because of his recaps! His Teen Wolf recaps are great, too.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:09 am

Price favorited a tweet I sent him this week and I swear I got a little flustered. I heart him.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Is it wrong that I could watch a whole show that is just Klaus and Elijah bickering? I mean, that is what this show mostly is, but just cut out the witch stuff. And is Rebecca really gone? She did look happy leaving in her snazzy car. Hopefully she was on her way to Mystic Falls to get Matt.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Rebekah is really gone. Claire Holt is no longer a series regular. She might be back for guest appearances. It all seems really fishy to me.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 am

I miss Rebekah.

My crush on Elijah is growing exponentially.

I love Davina and Josh! I hope they stay alive.

Thierry and his douchey hats can stay dead, however.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:01 pm

I didn't hate Thierry at all but his douchey hats were douchey. Agreed with all you said and stunned at how invested I am getting in Klaus and Cami's twisted...whatever that is.

I also much prefer blonde Klaus spy werewolf to Jackson. Jackson (aka Ethan not Spencer) is probably more handsome but the other one is kind of an interesting actor and I liked his interest in Davina a few weeks ago. Speaking of, I hate Monique and that was probably the most I hated her. I still hate her now. The actress is doing a good job though I think.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Thu May 01, 2014 10:28 pm

They kissed!!

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu May 01, 2014 11:42 pm

They did! And then Elijah ran away. I swear, he's as big a drama queen as Klaus, in his own way. He tricks you into thinking he's the sensible, level headed one in his family by being all formal and using measured tones of voice, but he is a Mikaelson drama llama, same as the rest!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri May 02, 2014 12:37 am

Ha! Yeah, Elijah can definitely be a drama queen. What I really wish is that he and Klaus could just resolve this right now:

K: You want to be my child's father. You will take her from me.
E: No, I want to be her uncle and I want you to be a great father. I would never take her from you.
K: You love Hayley more than me, and you would take her side against me.
E: There's no reason to take sides. Be friends and care about your daughter more than anything else, and we'll all be a team together.
K: But, whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine..... OK.

I really only care about Hayley, Elijah, and the baby, but if Klaus could be decent, like he was in this episode, I like to imagine them all as a happy family. I don't get even a hint of romantic interest from Klaus or Hayley for the other, but I do get the sense of fondness, at least from Klaus's side (and I think from Hayley now, based on the nursery reveal), so I just think they should be friends and parenting partners and stop having this artificial blockade between Elijah and Hayley. But, that wouldn't make for a very dramatic show, I guess.

Otherwise, man, the witches are the freaking worst, huh? Genevieve is the weak link on the show, acting-wise, and she has some competition from the teens, so that's saying something. Trading Sabine for her was a crappy deal.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri May 02, 2014 6:12 am

Totally agree with you on the Klaus/Hayley/Elijah domestic situation.

And yes, the witches are dreadful! I love Davina, but Monique is wretched and Genevieve is a drip. The ancestors are the absolute WORST, though. Dedicate the baby to them, then kill it for the power? Super gross!

I also kind of hate the werewolves, too. Well, the bayou faction, anyway. And this is totally stupid, but during their scenes I have to mute the TV and turn on the closed captioning because one of those werewolf guys (I think the one that was betrothed to Hayley, which is also super gross btw) has such a godawful voice I can't stand it. It's such a dopey dudebro kind of voice, I just can't stand to hear it. I'd actually physically cringed when I'd hear it. Yuck.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Fri May 02, 2014 7:34 am

Raksha wrote:They did!  And then Elijah ran away.  I swear, he's as big a drama queen as Klaus, in his own way.  He tricks you into thinking he's the sensible, level headed one in his family by being all formal and using measured tones of voice, but he is a Mikaelson drama llama, same as the rest!
Yupp. Let's not forget his introduction on TVD: "If you think you can beat me, YOU CAN'T!" complete with arm movement.

I'm happy they finally did kiss after almost and then not about four times. I don't think Klaus has any romantic feelings for Hayley at all, but would insinuate or use anything he could if he felt threatened with regard to his child, which let's face it, he will be because he's a manchild who needs centuries of therapy.

I don't really like Mikael that much (His delivery is SO over the top, even for this show), but I really liked the sequence of him and Hayley together. Her figuring out that she wasn't dead and then kicking ass to defend herself was great. Also, when she told Klaus that whatever Mikael had told her, nothing was true was wonderful. I do think they have affection for each other and I wish they would just co-parent peacefully, but hey, then there's no show.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed May 14, 2014 4:07 pm

I liked that finale--although I spent the middle half thinking I hated it, because I really thought they fridged Hayley--and I'm interested in the direction going forward. I wouldn't say TO is even in my top ten shows of the year, but I'm still intrigued enough and attached enough to the characters that I think the season was a success.

Daniel Gillies is really the primary reason--my God he kicked so much ass in the last two episodes. The scene where he cried about letting Hayley in was phenomenal. But I have grown to really like most of the leads now, and they killed the two actors/characters I liked least (Genevieve and Monique), so that makes me even more intrigued for the future.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu May 15, 2014 12:34 am

Well, that was...pretty good, actually.

I loved Elijah, everything about him.  Daniel Gilles really is the MVP of this show.  I loved Hailey, surprisingly, especially that scene where she decides to send the baby away.  Phoebe Tonkin brought her A Game for that one.  I liked Klaus and Elijah seemingly pretty solidly united.  Actually, Klaus, Elijah and Hailey all seemed pretty united these last few episodes.  I hope that continues, especially if Hailey is going to get to be more badass next season, now that she's not hampered by her pregnancy (physically and as a storyline).  

It's kind of hilarious to me how ineffective Marcel is as a leader.  Like, every time he tries to stand up against pretty much anyone, his people get slaughtered!  

Also, SO EFFING HAPPY to see Rebekah again, even if just for a moment!  She finally sort of got the children she'd wanted.  And it was a very sweet scene between her and Klaus.  Maybe Klaus is calming the eff down a bit and can stop massively overreacting to every perceived slight or failure on his siblings' part.  A united Mikaelson clan is one of my very favorite things.  Like when they were all allied against Esther in S3?  Amazeballs.

I really hope that next season we get to see Klaus, Elijah, Hailey and Marcel as a united front against the witches.  Because the witches are The Worst.  And also against the werewolves, who are not only The Worst but also boring.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:36 pm

After torturing myself with the most recent 27ish episodes of TVD I decided to catch up on The Originals also, since I sorely missed the First Vampires on TVD. There's actually a bit to like about this show, but one thing that is really dragging me down is the absolutely unrelenting grimness of it all. Even TVD has moments of levity and brief snatches of time free of apocalyptic conflict. The lowlight of last season was the interaction between Elijah, Klaus, and Bex in the graveyard where Klaus was twirling the white oak stake apparently made indestructible by kindergarten witches using tinfoil and superglue. That whole "YOU BROUGHT MIKAEL AND BETRAYED ME" battering ram made me want to stake Klaus myself. Klaus, seriously dude.. your behavior would make anyone want to have you murdered. Stop being an eternal 2 year-old. And this was like, 100 years ago. Get over it. I want his character to *change.* There needs to be an evolution. He always solves his problems the same way and always behaves like an eternal toddler. Even Damon has had more character evolution, and that guy is the very definition of man-child.

However, those 47 minutes of graveyard torture were entirely made up for when Klaus sent his littlest wolf off to live with Auntie Bex and he handed over the little knight carving he'd made. Though it does make me laugh a little to think that Klaus always found time to pack the knight carving over the last 1,000 years of searching for doppelgangers and escaping from Mikael. "KLAUS, THE CITY IS BURNING!" "ONE SEC, NEED TO PACK!"

I was actually pretty impressed with Phoebe's acting during the birthing and giving up her child, so I'm a bit suspicious that she's being actively directed into frozen resting bitch face. Regardless, she doesn't bug me as much anymore. Though I do wish I knew what we're supposed to see in her from Elijah's perspective. The dude is preternaturally calm and a genius. She's.. not.

Anyway, I'm gonna stick with it this season to see where it all lands. I just want them to, like, take a break for five minutes and find something to actually smile about. All those snarky leers are getting to me.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:37 pm

I actually now like every character on this show, which is quite a feat because other than Elijah and Marcel, I've disliked all of them at one point. But Klaus actually has improved and shown growth so far this season; I'm loving Cami's over-it-all attitude; they recast all the other Original family members, and they are all upgrades (I'm not a Nate Buzolic fan) in my opinion. I already did my 180 on Hayley and Phoebe Tonkin last year, and I still like her (terrible accent notwithstanding).

But for some reason, I just don't feel much of a pull with this show. I like it when I watch it; I appreciate that it's well-made and well-conceived. But I just let it pile up on the DVR, and when I do get around to it, I can't seem to pay much attention. Not sure what it is, but it could be partially a lack of a ship to root for. I did/do like Hayley and Elijah, but they did a fair job of killing that this season so far. And I am intrigued by Elijah and Gia (I like that actress--she's doing some subtle things with a pretty flimsy role so far), so maybe that will pick up for me.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:45 am

Carrie Ann wrote:Not sure what it is, but it could be partially a lack of a ship to root for.

I get what you mean by this. I'm fine with Elijah/Haley, but I would be fine seeing Elijah with just about anyone. I see him as far more tortured than Klaus and want him to be happy. If the new hybrid makes him happy, fine. If the new vampling makes him happy, fine.

I'm not much for Klaus/Cami, but it's not for lack of chemistry. That dude seems to be able to drum up chemistry with anyone--the problem is that the actress on the receiving end doesn't always seem up to it. I enjoyed how Caroline challenged Klaus (though it was not a ship I rooted for), but Cami's challenges are all rooted in ignorance, which gives Klaus all the power. "No, Klaus, killing Mikael would be so wrong and terrible for your manpains! I'm sure he loves you deep down." [Half a day passes.] "Woops, sorry, had no idea what I was talking about even though you thoroughly explained it about 34234324 times. Kill Mikael immediately or sooner." It's this sort of thing on repeat.

Side note: am I the only one who thinks that Davina looks like Nina Dobrev's cousin or something?
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:27 pm

The lack of a 'ship is the only thing keeping me from being obsessed because I otherwise enjoy it a lot - more than TVD last season, definitely. I was upset with Rebecca leaving not just because I loved the character but because that left the show sorely lacking in fully-fleshed out female characters and killed what could have possibly been a root-worthy 'ship in her and Marcel.

Hayley's definitely grown on me a bit since becoming an enraged mom, but, similar to xyzzy my interest in her and Elijah as a couple has more to do with him and his relationship with Klaus than it does with her. And frankly, since Klaus seems to be cool with their relationship, a lot of the tension between them fizzled to me. I really like Davina and I like her developing relationship with Kol (and more specifically this actor's portrayal of Kol), but I'm not quite sure if they're actually going for romance there. And even if they are I'm not quite invested in Davina enough yet for that 'ship to matter to me. As far as Cami, well, I could not care less about what's going on with her.

This show is chock full of complex, dynamic and HOT men in Klaus, Elijah, Marcel and I'll add Kol and Finn to that group at least for now. They need to start introducing women that can hold their own. Baby Vamp is a good start but they've got a long way to go.

I don't know if I necessarily see Nina Dobrev, but Danielle Campbell (Davina) is gorgeous. No doubt-it's a CW-level pretty show.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:15 pm

Yah Davina is absolutely gorgeous and I was definitely feeling her and nuKol in the last episode. I'm really intrigued about his allegiances, Kol was always a self interested floater on Team Mikaelson, so I can buy he's not particularly loyal to Sandra Sohn Esther, and does really like Davina, and more importantly how Super Witch Davina could protect his ass.

I still don't like Phoebe Tonkin, her accent slips constantly, but she's definitely much better on TO than on TVD or The Secret Circle.

I still love Klaus and Elijah, but I miss Bex like crazy, for those saying they miss a lack of ship to root for, for me that was Klaus/Bex, I didn't even ever need them to make it all textual incesty either.

Hahah, yes I did. But it was the sibling relationship I was most invested in, after all this time I still have no idea why Elijah doesn't give up on Klaus.

Cami confuses me, she reminds me of some 80's Dynasty extra, both in looks and acting talent.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Okay I've never been too clear on The Originals backstory, most particularly the birth order of the siblings but I thought it went: stillbirth (or was it the plague and it was a boy), Elijah, Finn, Kol, Klaus, Rebecca, Heinrich. Now they are telling us it was Finn, Freya, Elijah, Klaus, Kol, Rebecca, Heinrich. Man did I have that jacked up.

I'm excited to see new bigger bad Aunt Dahlia and mayhaps Freya will be an opportunity to find an actress/character that can fill the void still left by Claire/Bex.

Question, I've been thinking Kol will probably revamp himself, but if he does will he still be an Original, or did that end forever with his corporeal body? Also what they hell happened to their corporeal bodies? Everyone else returned from the other side still had their body. Hee I love the questions I have to ask myself while watching these kinds of shows.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:59 pm

I'll be the only one that likes Cami then lol. I like the actress and her weird push and pull with Klaus (I think Joseph Morgan is a treasure btw, he's the key to that character working. As it is I adore that crazy brat). I'll miss Oliver too. He was my favorite of the wolves and I thought he had an interesting vibe with Davina in their few interactions. They could have done an interesting triangle with them and Kol.

I'll echo that the recast originals are much better and more interesting. I still think Tonkin is the weakest actor on this show but the character is much better written here then she was on TVD and I like her chemistry with Elijah. That might just be him though as I enjoy his chemistry with Gia as well.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:19 pm

I like Cami too, Kiran! I'm still shocked at this development. But I think the writers/EPs have put in some time evaluating what worked and what didn't about last season, and fixed a lot of problems, Cami's waffling character included. Cami works best for me when she has genuine emotional concerns about these crazy people who descended into her life. I particularly like her being protective of Davina, because she has no ulterior motive and doesn't want or need anything from her, like most of the other characters do. I also like her no-strings thing with Marcel, because I believe that she would want to hit that (YES) but also that she would want to keep him at a distance. And finally, I liked that she reversed herself w/r/t Mikael last week. It shows that she can be objective about things, that she can learn lessons and change her mind, and that she won't always believe that squishy psychology can solve everything with these monsters. Sometimes the monsters aren't worth fixing.

The only downsides to this episode were not enough Elijah, and the Mikaelson family retconning, which I'm not a fan of because I just don't need more Mikaelsons frankly.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:00 am

Well, this was an interesting episode. I'm actually not opposed to more Mikaelsons because it gives the Klaus baby story somewhere to go other than pure revenge. I immediately want to know many things, some of which may have already been answered because I might have missed something during this episode. I feel the need to rewatch it.

• What happened to Freya after she was given to Auntie Dahlia? Will we meet her? I hope so.
  • How will Auntie Dahlia get at Hope? Did she also appear somewhere after the Other Side disintegrated?
  • Why does Klaus blame Real Daddy Ansel for stuff Esther did?
  • Will Klaus find out about Dahlia-stiltskin before Esther finds out about Hope?!
  • Why does Elijah wear so many clothes while he is being tortured?

It was nice to see some true brotherly concern expressed by Klaus for once. Continually daggering his siblings might be a tiny source of guilt at this point. I'm happy about all the developments in this episode and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how all these new plot threads/characters get worked into the show. Need more Elijah, though.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:24 pm

I'm feeling some type of way about Kovina, they are both so pretty, and sweet and cute with a little creepy on the side. Due to his being 1000 and her looking barely 16. Apparently they bumped Finn to a Regular so I hope they bump NuKol too.

I really thought this was the best of episode of the series, I found because it took place mostly in present tense, with only Elijah's dreams being in the past. Too often it falls into sit down and lemme tell you a STORY. I thought Joseph Morgan killed it with his Dad (right before he actually killed his dad) and I really felt bad for him when he said you're too late, because he's beyond the point where he can trust or risk Hope's life on dude he only just reconnected with, and Esther breathing down his neck.

I wonder who has the white oak stake, it could be Marcel, but Kol may have swapped it out of Davina's purse before he got there. I'd prefer he didn't though because I want him to be totally genuine with Davina.

Looking forward to next week and the return of Bex!

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:49 am

I have a Kolvina problem. So ridiculously pretty.

Tonights episode was the one of the most strangely constructed hours of tv I have ever seen. I don't think one single scene connected to any other scene, yes broadly it was linked thematically: togetherness and family, and I kind of loved the irony that the Mikaelson's who fight bitterly all the time, actually do pull together at the Holidays. Bonfire season, polaroid family selfies, Klaus offering to die for Bex which him dying hard for her even for pretend will never not make me laugh. Then in the middle of all that Elijah and Haley finally bang. I'm glad, they have chemistry, but whatever she sucks and he's better off not having to carry Phoebe's weak ass.

Even though it was choppy and disjointed I enjoyed the hell out of it. I'm still so confused about witches and their mortality on this show, if they can "body jump" doesn't this make them immortal, and what woman did Bex end up in? The same one locked up by Klaus' witch with the other white girl witch? How is she still alive? Who aren't both of them alive? Do I actually care? No.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:43 pm

Choppy and disjointed is pretty much the whole theme of the show. I never can keep track of who is allied with who, who is double crossing who, and who is in which witches body. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but don't really understand the plot. So far it appears to be really, really pretty people running around New Orleans and sometimes the bayou. And flashback!wigs. Its very entertaining.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum