Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Flash

+9
Lily Rose
Kiran
blixie
TiffanyNichelle
Eris Rising
chibimanda
Raksha
RiverThames
laddical
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Flash Empty The Flash

Post  laddical Thu May 15, 2014 2:53 pm

It's such a strange feeling how far things have come in two years. When Arrow was first announced, I couldn't have cared less. When it premiered, I thought it was okay - worth giving a few episodes, too, but barely better than Smallville.

And now Arrow is my favorite show currently in production and I'm chomping at the bit to see it's spin-off.

So... here's the trailer from the CW's recent upfront - which basically makes it a five minute recap of the pilot.

It looks really good. They don't show him clearly, but if you look at the family photos in the first scenes, you can see that John Wesley Shipp is going to play Barry's dad. That's cool. I just hope he's not as big a dickbag to Barry as Barry's dad was when he was playing Barry.

Heh. I love sentences like that.

"Lightning gave me... abs?"

Hee! Can't wait.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

The Flash Empty Re: The Flash

Post  RiverThames Thu May 15, 2014 3:04 pm

I am so very excited for this.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu May 15, 2014 11:55 pm

Eeee! I can't wait!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:14 am

OMG THE PILOT IS LEAKED.

And it's so so so so so so good. And I desperately need to talk about it!

Spoiler:
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:06 am

I'm having difficulty reading what's under your spoiler.  Nothing is there. (Edit-- OK, whatever glitch caused that stopped. I can read it now.)

Spoiler:
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Dammit! Where was it leaked? I've only been home a few minutes, and even if I had access to the episode online at work, I wouldn't have been able to get away with watching it there.
chibimanda
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:04 pm

chibimanda wrote:Dammit!  Where was it leaked?  I've only been home a few minutes, and even if I had access to the episode online at work, I wouldn't have been able to get away with watching it there.  

I'm sure that I wouldn't know where to find such a thing.

*coughtorrentsitescough*
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Here I was, all excited about William Sadler playing a recurring "frenemy" for Barry and then... NOPE.

I think io9 put it best by describing Harrison as "Barry's Yoda who is secretly Darth Vader".

Now, if we can just get past the "I can't do this!" "YES YOU CAN!" phone calls....
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:09 pm

I find this show ridiculously charming, and I don't even like superhero shows. (Arrow is ok.) I think Jesse Martin lured me in with his wiles.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:58 pm

It's cheesy but it's fun.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:43 pm

find this show ridiculously charming

Yes this, Grant Gustin manages to be adorable and earnest without ever being cloying. I can't say the same for Iris, she was better in this episode, but they have to let the girl get a clue, she came across saccharine in the pilot, and then proceeds to step all over Barry's fairly obvious feelings, and attempts to confess those feelings, she seems otherwise too emotionally tuned into Barry to miss that elephant. I shouldn't be surprised since the same writers did Laurel like this too (mind she's still way better than Laurel so far the lack of scathing bitchery is to her benefit).

Off the bat, like Oliver on Arrow, I prefer Barry with his team, and he and Danielle Panabaker are VERY clicky, and I love the idea of Ed being his Yoda-Vader. I also loved that he knifed that guy after he made the crack about not getting up. He must of been counting the minutes until he could show him those apples.

I think I might even have teared up a bit when Barry told Jesse L Martin he wasn't his father, just his dad. Aww.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:52 am

They've now cast Linda Park. Sadly, they did not cast Linda Park as Linda Park.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:08 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Linda Park may be a love interest for the Flash but it's Wally West's Flash, not Barry's. They got married! They had kids! Then Dan Didiot and Geoff Johns happened! This is all kinds of wrong!
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Hey, man, things are different in Earth-39.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Maybe this will help lead the eventual intro of Wally though (retconned maybe into Iris' cousin?)
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:54 pm

Yay! I love Malese Jow!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:54 am

Haven't quite finished the latest episode but I had to stop and squee a bit about how adorkable Barry and Felicity are and how I rescind my comment in the Arrow thread about being on board the Raylicity train.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:07 am

Grodd!
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:00 pm

This week: eh. But worth it, if for no other reason, than io9's review saying, "Caitlin is a lot more interesting when she's not just trying to be Fauxlicity Smoak."
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:27 pm

And also to shut up people complaining about no one using the name "The Flash".
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:50 am

RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:56 am

Um, that was fucking great. I don't even know what else to say. It was one of my favorite hours of TV in the last year for sure. Maybe in the last several.

Can we just do this every week, please?
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:07 am

Dude. Seriously. That's what I wanted.

PLUS: FIRESTORM.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:14 am

So, so much fun. I can't remember the last time an hour of tv was just so purely enjoyable. They should cross over every week.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:31 pm

I still don't know if I can coherently talk about all the things I loved, but put simply: this episode made me like EVERY character more. Like, this was them at their best selves.

Team Arrow: just perfect in every way. They seriously need to capitalize on David Ramsey's deadpan on Arrow more often, because Dig was such a delight here. Even with basically nothing to do, he still kicked the show up a notch. Felicity was much better here than in her earlier crossover, I thought. Less forced, more like her usual self. She still got stuck with a couple of clunker lines, but eh. And Oliver. He smiled! A few times! And he was so great with Barry! And I just love their relationship! And even though he gave him terrible advice in the end, at least it was consistent characterization! But really, he should NEVER ever give advice on people's love lives ever again.

Flash Mob: Cisco was great this episode, and I've been lukewarm on him. Now I'm onboard. I think Carlos Valdes has settled into the groove with him. Now I just hope Danielle Panabaker will do the same. She is the weakest link for me right now, but I know she's capable of more, so I hope she'll get more comfortable in the role soon, but I did love her warmth with Felcity, and for the show passing the Bechdel test generally. I LOVED Iris's crush on Oliver, and Candice Patton was just very adorable in this episode. I did think her position reversal on The Flash was a little dramatic, given his explanation to her, but I'm sure it won't last long. I liked that Barry's cockiness in the beginning felt real for that character--not over the top, just like a guy having fun and starting to get a little big-headed about it. It was good timing for Oliver to come in and knock him back on his ass a bit. (And satisfying to watch.) (Sorry, Barry.)
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum