Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

+99
jstilwe
rivki8699
LadyGayle
ActonBell
Agent Sculder
Gillian
Paris, Texas
gannetguts
Binky
wenchsenior
Gilraen
puddingcup
Morning Angel
slmader
Snarryfan
naughty zoot
Genevieve
ulkis
Melk
Raksha
draco vulgaris
punkysdilemma
mandalaya
Never Enough
dionneshea
Jude
Skyblade
bosoxgirl
Red Wolf
easybreezy
PrincessCleo
mayram
Rhilin
Gallifrey Girl
maxell131313
Kookla
Swarley
oxymoron
Tabby
mrinsouciance
punzy
Corvus
UmaOprah
Coneycat
big chicken
eco
sobe
sunni94
truecrystal
Heather
Putli Bai
VodouDoll
Decca
TiffanyNichelle
Algae
Esseilte
Lis
laddical
mialoubug
bbridges
Eris Rising
Cutebutpsycho
eventide82
Poubelle
Unlucky Bear
Kiran
Cynara
Instant Monkeys
blixie
swsa
Pop'n'Fresh
Miss Moneypenny
Evil Lincoln
mokey75
Matinee
QueenSix
katha
Jasmine
Crowbridge
dinahmoe
Carrie Ann
jcpdiesel21
sagitare
curryalley
biakbiak
caltrask55
Pumpkin Cake
katesti
paablish
Ceci
The Glen
blooey
whatthedeuce
Grainne Mhaol
Sheli
The Dude
tothemax
19uses
queenofdenile
103 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold - Page 7 Empty Re: Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

Post  curryalley Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:03 pm

I have the same problem with Kirsten Dunst. I kind of feel bad for disliking her and she keeps making movies I like, which is really frustrating.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold - Page 7 Empty Re: Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

Post  big chicken Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:12 am

queenofdenile wrote:On a different unpopular opinion, I realized recently that I actually like Renee Zellweger as an actress, and it's just her face that pisses me off.

I will forever give Renee a pass for most anything because of Bridget Jones's Diary. I love that movie to bits.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:13 am

I like Renee. I always will for that and Nurse Betty. I just wish she chose better movies.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:48 am

I don't even know why the hell I ever disliked Renee Z so much. Back when she was in Chicago, which I loved, I kept crossing my fingers that she wouldn't win the Oscar for playing Roxie. Whenever I've seen interviews of her though, she seems so pleasant and humble. I got over my hatred long ago, but it bothers me that it ever existed because it just came out of nowhere, honestly!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:12 pm

I adore Tom Hiddleston, and having been online since 1997 I have seen considerably scarier things than his Tumblr fanbase. Seriously. My unpopular opinion is, I am sick unto death of the fact that you can't mention his name outside Tumblr without the conversation turning into a dissertation on how "scary" his Tumblr fans are. It's like some bizarre alternate reality. I don't even go near ONTD anymore because I've run out of Bingo cards related to this. Sometimes I want to talk about his acting, or his adorable smile, or his velociraptor impersonation, but it's become practically impossible, and I find it deeply irritating.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:37 am

I have LJ friends that pretty much talk of nothing but Tom Hiddleston nowadays. They aren't batshit crazy or anything, but man, I'm just plain sick of reading anything at all about that guy! I actually have nothing against him since I've never seen any of his work or even an interview of his, but just seeing his name kinda makes me bristle at this point. Of course, all I talked about for two months last year was Michael Fassbender...and then Chris Evans for another two months...and now Leverage, so I'm no one to judge.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:55 pm

I don't like Melissa McCarthy.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:17 am

But...she's the oh-so-adorable Sookie St. James from Gilmore Girls!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  eco Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:53 am

I didn't like Sookie. I do like Melissa McCarthy, but Sookie drove me nuts.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  UmaOprah Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:24 am

I didn't like Sookie either! When I first started watching Gilmore Girls its first season, I was so sure they were going to get rid of that annoying best friend. I was genuinely surprised when I tuned in several years later to see she was still there!

UmaOprah

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:52 pm

I don't think she deserved that Oscar nomination for Bridesmaids. If you had to force me to choose someone from that cast I would have picked Kristen Wiig (I know! WTF?) for taking a kind of pathetic and unlikable character and making you almost root for her.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:24 am

TiffanyNichelle wrote:I don't think she deserved that Oscar nomination for Bridesmaids. If you had to force me to choose someone from that cast I would have picked Kristen Wiig (I know! WTF?) for taking a kind of pathetic and unlikable character and making you almost root for her.
Agreed 100%. I still fail to see what was so Oscar-worthy about McCarthy's performance. She was funny, but was hardly the lone highlight of the movie for me. Wiig's work was much more impressive. Even Rose Byrne did more with her character.

However, I do like Melissa McCarthy in general. Sookie St. James, though, is another matter. I liked her at first, but she became so grating as Gilmore Girls continued, especially to poor Jackson. I remember her making him get a vasectomy reversed.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:38 pm

I actually only watched about half of GG's seasons, so for all I know, I might have come to dislike Sookie eventually, too. I liked her when I tuned in during Rory's high school years though.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:13 am

Bryce Dallas Howard...meh! No danger of Clint being replaced as my favorite member of that clan.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:18 pm

So I finally watched Thor and am now stalking Avengers press tour interviews, and I continue to not get Tom Hiddleston's appeal at all. Like, he seems like a nice guy, so I keep trying, but nope. He's still just an okay-looking British dude with a big vocabulary (which, coincidentally, is also how I feel about Benedict Cumberbatch).

Maybe some of it has to do with the fact that I didn't see Loki as "misunderstood and sympathetic" but instead as "a great big bag of dicks."
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:23 pm

I like Tom Hiddleston's performance as Loki, and thought he brought a hint of sympathy to the character, though he's still a bag of dicks, as you say. But the serious Hiddleston crazies probably are the ones that miss the "bag of dicks" and only see the (slight hint of) sympathetic woobie.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:55 pm

But then, to me, that description could equally be applied to Thor, so...
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Norse Gods: all a "bag of dicks"? Discuss.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:08 pm

punzy wrote:Norse Gods: all a "bag of dicks"? Discuss.

Yes, completely. (The insult is stolen from Supernatural, btw, and I just realized that the full quote might be more apropos. Gabriel says to Lucifer, "You're my brother, and I love you. But you are a great big bag of dicks.")
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:25 pm

laddical wrote:I like Tom Hiddleston's performance as Loki, and thought he brought a hint of sympathy to the character, though he's still a bag of dicks, as you say. But the serious Hiddleston crazies probably are the ones that miss the "bag of dicks" and only see the (slight hint of) sympathetic woobie.

I dunno, I had no idea who Hiddleston was when I saw the movie, and it was pretty much my reaction to the character that made me interested in the actor. Since I knew nothing about the character in the comics my reaction was entirely to what I saw on the screen, and I was left thinking someone who only saw the movie could safely defend any interpretation from "evil by nature" to "increasingly unbalanced woobie."

Not saying this to try and persuade anyone else to change their mind about Hiddleston or Loki, obviously, but I do kind of take exception to idea that you have to be "crazy" to have a different view of the character.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Coneycat wrote:
laddical wrote:I like Tom Hiddleston's performance as Loki, and thought he brought a hint of sympathy to the character, though he's still a bag of dicks, as you say. But the serious Hiddleston crazies probably are the ones that miss the "bag of dicks" and only see the (slight hint of) sympathetic woobie.

I dunno, I had no idea who Hiddleston was when I saw the movie, and it was pretty much my reaction to the character that made me interested in the actor. Since I knew nothing about the character in the comics my reaction was entirely to what I saw on the screen, and I was left thinking someone who only saw the movie could safely defend any interpretation from "evil by nature" to "increasingly unbalanced woobie."

Not saying this to try and persuade anyone else to change their mind about Hiddleston or Loki, obviously, but I do kind of take exception to idea that you have to be "crazy" to have a different view of the character.

I wasn't implying that anyone who finds Loki sympathetic is a Hiddleston crazy - just that the Hiddleston online fandom is filled with some serious Psychotic Fans who focus almost exclusively on Loki's woobieness.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Time named Pippa Middleton one of the 100 most influential people. Seriously?

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:39 am

How is she influential? I understand there was some fascination with her last year, but what has she actually influenced people to do? Besides name their daughters Pippa, I mean.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:02 am

This is the same magazine that named "all of you" its person of the year awhile back. I've found it hard to take Time seriously since that.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:47 am

She was "fascinating" to people for about 2 weeks after the wedding and then we all moved on with our lives. So yeah, that choice is even more non-sensical than most of the others. Even the author of Master of the Universe Fifty Shades of Grey being on the list is less eyebrow raising to me.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next