Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities and the Law

+96
BrightEyes
megageek
truecrystal
wenchsenior
vwlphb
00redsvt
Lily Rose
jstilwe
mandalaya
bbridges
shanndee
blooey
RubyTuesday
Raised by wolves
PrincessCleo
Shadowlass
Putli Bai
punkysdilemma
emrie
choubetcha
mayram
QueenSix
Grainne Mhaol
Melk
mialoubug
slmader
Coneycat
big chicken
Gallifrey Girl
TiffanyNichelle
puddingcup
Morning Angel
gannetguts
Instant Monkeys
Matinee
queenofdenile
epudom
salamandersam
oxymoron
Genevieve
Never Enough
Cynara
dionneshea
Carrie Ann
mokey75
filwdork
Swarley
The Glen
chibimanda
Arabella
Snarryfan
mrinsouciance
Escape
Skyblade
Francie Nolan
Miss Moneypenny
Crowbridge
CherryFlame
Red Wolf
Raksha
whatthedeuce
punzy
dreago
LadyGayle
Binky
bookworm
inversed
dinahmoe
eventide82
Cutebutpsycho
Case
themis
Poubelle
sagitare
biakbiak
ActonBell
Wildog27
lisa
laddical
tothemax
Decca
Eris Rising
nikita
Unlucky Bear
naughty zoot
blixie
Kiran
caltrask55
Jude
swsa
year of the cat
jcpdiesel21
katesti
particle_person
xyzzy
The Dude
100 posters

Page 19 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

Celebrities and the Law - Page 19 Empty Re: Celebrities and the Law

Post  shanndee Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:32 pm

The whole situation with the Sheen twins is a nightmare...but I can understand why Martin and his wife may not get hugely involved. Isn't Martin something like 75 years old? I'm sure his health is not what it used to be. The emotional stress involved to just get the kids into a better home would be enormous. He and his wife already raised a grandchild...they may not be able to handle the sheer weight of this particular situation at their age.

As for Emilio, he is just their uncle. I have an uncle I have never even met.

It seems that the only option that would carry any legal weight would be for Charlie to grow the hell up, admit that even if he can't be a parent himself he can do the right thing and get them away from their mother. As messed up as Charlie is, his voice as the biological father should carry enough weight to get them re-homed.

So very, very sad.

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:45 pm

his voice as the biological father should carry enough weight to get them re-homed.q
It doesn't. He has been very vocal about not wanting them to live with Brooke and finds the process a joke. This is in no way defending Charlie from his duty as a father just that his voice doesn't have that sort of power. I mean the kids have also been removed from his home before so it's not like he is a good one for making rationale decisions. He is such a piss of shit he didn't even go meet with the judge as requested.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  shanndee Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:55 pm

I didn't know that. If that is the case "second degree" relatives would probably carry even less weight. This just gets more and more sad.

Those poor kids really are doomed.

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:18 pm

shanndee wrote:The whole situation with the Sheen twins is a nightmare...but I can understand why Martin and his wife may not get hugely involved. Isn't Martin something like 75 years old? I'm sure his health is not what it used to be. The emotional stress involved to just get the kids into a better home would be enormous. He and his wife already raised a grandchild...they may not be able to handle the sheer weight of this particular situation at their age.
Yeah, and frankly dealing with the behavioral, emotional, and developmental issues Denise reported to the judge is something that many family members (including Denise herself) are not able to handle, regardless of age.

What an absolute mess.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 pm

As for Emilio, he is just their uncle.
Well, but temp custody was just awarded to "just the uncle". I'd think any family member that steps to the plate would be considered over putting them into the foster system, no matter how sketch unfortunately. I've also wondered why the Sheen-Estevez family hasn't been more visible in the process to get the boys a home. I'm sure there are all kinds of understandable reasons, but it's strange that they really are nowhere in this mess (I do think Martin supported Denise a lot, but again maybe he feels he's just too old to take on the day to day raising of two young emotionally disturbed kids, with an addict mom who is still not legally out of the picture).

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Yeah and that is all understandable. It is a sad situation and the only ones really at fault are Brooke and Charlie. Those poor kids.

I know! When Denise is the sane and thoughtful parent, and she TOTALLY IS, there pretty much are no words. If Courtney Love is a better parent than you, please just give the poor kids up so they can have a chance.
I don't really get the comparison. Denise Richards is a shitty actor but shes always been a fairly exemplary mom. Even in her shitty reality show I watched one episode of, she was clearly devoted to her kids.

Last edited by Kiran on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:13 am

Oh, I wasn't slagging on Denise- I just meant that she was always considered a Hollywood lightweight in gossip circles, (Laniey always refers to her by using callgirl rumors) but she is the only voice of reason in this batshit mess.  Denise is Totally the hero and has gone above and beyond the call of duty, IMO.  Sorry, I didn't find a way to make that clear. Brooke and Charlie are the crack-mad maniacs who make Courtney look hands-on. Apologies.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:17 am

And when she was divorcing Charlie a lot of people took his side and thought the stuff she said about their relationship wasn't true and she was exaggerating. Of course when everything came out it became clear that she had probably been holding back.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:25 am

Yeah, she got a lot of hate for that Heather Locklear and Richie Sambora thing, and frankly I was guilty of side eyeing her for that as well.

Lainey actually kinda apologized and was like "props to you, Denise" a few months ago (of course she framed it as NOW THAT IS A MOTHER BUT MIDDLE AMERICA WOULDN'T AGREE so....), but from her I was surprised.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:26 am

I wonder, in addition to the challenges of foster parenting two abused/neglected children and all their pathologies, if members of the extended Sheen family are disinterested in getting entangled legally with Sheen's own clear mental issues nevermind Brooke and hers.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:31 am

Martin has openly stated that he has to let hit Charlie hit bottom and yet somehow he seems not to have, so yeah I can definitely see that being the case. Like, Charlie has been a hot mess since he was a teenager. They are probably fully burned out.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:02 am

Kiran wrote:Yeah, she got a lot of hate for that Heather Locklear and Richie Sambora thing, and frankly I was guilty of side eyeing her for that
Though given what has been later revealed about Heather's issues, it sort of makes a sense Richie's drinking aside.

Eh, Martin has been on Anger Management so it's not like he has removed himself from Charlie. I am not saying that means he should try to take the twins but it isn't like he isn't involved with Charlie.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:23 am

biakbiak wrote:
Kiran wrote:Yeah, she got a lot of hate for that Heather Locklear and Richie Sambora thing, and frankly I was guilty of side eyeing her for that
Though given what has been later revealed about Heather's issues, it sort of makes a sense Richie's drinking aside.

Eh, Martin has been on Anger Management so it's not like he has removed himself from Charlie. I am not saying that means he should try to take the twins but it isn't like he isn't involved with Charlie.
He shows up for Charlie's work-related stuff to show support whenever Charlie's sober, from what I've read.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:39 am

Given his behavior on and off the set unless Martin is getting drug tests that seems dubious; particularly given Martin issues with dry drunks like George W. which if he isn't using Charlie clearly is.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:13 am

biakbiak wrote:Given his behavior on and off the set unless Martin is getting drug tests that seems dubious; particularly given Martin issues with dry drunks like George W. which if he isn't using Charlie clearly is.
*shrug*

Might be different when it's your own son, and not a politician you despise with every fiber of your being. Can't say.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:25 am

I agree with Kiran that the Sheen family is likely burned out. As for his dad, appearing on a tv set from which you can just walk away is one thing, taking your mentally ill/addict relative's kids in and ensuring they (the relative) are suddenly focused on you is quite another.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Brittany Murphy might have been poisoned.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Woah, that is fucked up. If it's true, I wonder who could be behind it?

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:29 pm

LA County Coroner's office declines to reopen the Brittany Murphy case. Though they do say they haven't been given the report, so maybe after they receive it?
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Theres a rumor that may be completely baseless that her mother did it because of her behaviour before and after her death.

Its a sad situation either way.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:18 pm

Particularly, that her mother was living with Simon when he died with the same systems and she was known for being off. However, her father apparently believes she was killed by the government so both parents clearly have issues.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:24 pm

I read years ago that her dad is like, a mob boss...so...
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:53 am

OMG how sick is that?
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Apparently the reason Chris Brown left rehab early is because he was kicked out after he flew into a violent rage, so the judge ordered him to serve 90 days in rehab for anger management. He shattered his mothers car window with a rock after she urged him to stay in rehab for longer.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:41 pm

It's actually pretty sad how messed up he is. He's got talent and could have it so easy, but he doesn't seem able to rein in that volcanic temper of his. He reminds me of many of the students I work with who are okay...until they aren't okay and then they seem fucking possessed when they fly into rages. Dude needs major therapy and to be told in no unclear terms that his bullshit is outta control and intolerable.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next