Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eBooks and eReaders

+47
Matinee
mokey75
mialoubug
Lurker
bbridges
Raksha
allochthonous
Gallifrey Girl
Unlucky Bear
laddical
choubetcha
MaddyCat
Gilraen
mortalmax
EggSpreader
Kookla
boutros boutros kitty
Simbelmyne
Renny Sue
gannetguts
Gillian
nikita
GeneralErin
Cynara
punkysdilemma
vwlphb
UmaOprah
Corellderaan
Jude
lil d
Instant Monkeys
jstilwe
rivki8699
tothemax
big chicken
Jasmine
paablish
Lily Rose
SelfAmused
Swarley
Algae
punzy
alexdegenhardt
philophobe
particle_person
maxell131313
truecrystal
51 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

eBooks and eReaders - Page 6 Empty Re: eBooks and eReaders

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:25 am

Hmm, good to know! Yeah, I was HOPING they were being cautious on the shipping date. Maybe they will get them in stock earlier than the 20th. And it honestly never occurred to me to have it shipped directly to my dad, heh. He's just a half hour or so from me, but if it arrives the day after it will be silly for me to go BACK over there, not that I don't want to see them, but I'm going to have a lot going on what with it being, you know, Christmas.

Thanks guys. I'm still waiting to hear from my sister (the co-buyer) before pulling the trigger, but it's good to know it's not hopeless.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:47 am

I don't get e-books that are on sale for 100 dollars. What would you rather have, 1 person who would be willing to pay that for an e-book or a 1000 people who would pay 2 dollars?

ulkis

Back to top Go down

eBooks and eReaders - Page 6 Empty Kindles, Nooks, and other Digital Readers

Post  vwlphb Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:36 am

My beloved 3rd Generation reader has the e-ink equivalent of a dead pixel block, so I decided it was time to bite the bullet and buy a new Kindle. The President day sales help. With my old reader, I had the case with the built in light. This time I decided to try out the Kindle Paperwhite since everyone raved about it, and I wouldn't have to shell out an extra $60 on top of the kindle for the light.

I know I've only had it for a few hours, but I'm really not liking it. The light quality is very different from just having a light shining down from above. No matter the light level I change it to, I find myself squinting after a while. I don't enjoy reading on it the way I do the other Kindle.

So my question is - does anyone else have the Paperwhite? Is it something you just get used to, or should I return it and just get the regular kindle and case with light?

ETA: Ended up returning it. This blog post really articulates what problems I had with it.

New question - does anyone have a recommendation for a good Kindle Basic case with a light? Do any run off of the Kindle's power other than the official Amazon one?

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:01 pm

I almost missed this, because the email went to my spam folder, but I got a credit in that e-book pricing settlement deal. Almost $40! If you have an e-reader, and have bought books from certain publishers, you may have a credit as well. Check your spam folder, kids.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:18 pm

Yeah, I got an eighty dollar credit from Amazon. Which I also almost missed because it was in my gmail Promotion folder. I've purchased a lot of books apparently.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Yeah, me too. To the tune of $140.43!! I...might have a problem. A problem that Amazon isn't going to help because the credit can only be used for Kindle purchases. YAY for feeding my addiction!

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  darthtall Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:37 am

Ha, you can tell that I primarily use my Kindle to check out library books, because my settlement was a grand total of... 73 cents. :D

darthtall

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:02 am

You can also check too see if you received a credit here.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:24 am

truecrystal wrote:Yeah, me too. To the tune of $140.43!! I...might have a problem. A problem that Amazon isn't going to help because the credit can only be used for Kindle purchases. YAY for feeding my addiction!

You can use it for print books, too! Not that they're any better or worse than e-books. But you could knock off a bunch of people from your holiday shopping list, if they like books! And who doesn't?

I got my credit. It was only $18 but that could almost buy me an actual newly published hardcover, which is a treat I haven't indulged in since college.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:05 pm

Hello $47 worth of new books! Woo!

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6