Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Dumb Quotes

+115
kanding
Kookla
eventide82
Sheli
themis
BrightEyes
draco vulgaris
Evil Evelyn
rat kitten
Pop'n'Fresh
Tabby
slmader
ariadne
Agent Sculder
Skyblade
Lis
jstilwe
pinguerin
Cynara
Melk
mandalaya
TiffanyNichelle
SarahJanet
Gillian
Coneycat
Snarryfan
laurelin_kit
Arabella
KaveDweller
dinahmoe
Corvus
jensa
Swarley
punkysdilemma
mayram
puddingcup
Raised by wolves
chick binewski
year of the cat
inversed
chibimanda
Wilhelmina
lisa
Unlucky Bear
Jordan Baker
katha
roseland
Heather
jaraga
Putli Bai
oxymoron
Menshevixen
easybreezy
Algae
big chicken
bbridges
salamandersam
Grainne Mhaol
Jessica
punzy
Francie Nolan
GoodbyeWithWords
Brainchild
Luthien
Lily Rose
Raksha
choubetcha
Never Enough
Decca
Rhilin
Jude
zip
Case
Instant Monkeys
curryalley
naughty zoot
katesti
Matinee
Escape
mokey75
dreago
sagitare
LadyGayle
jcpdiesel21
mrinsouciance
Crowbridge
The Lady of Shalott
Morning Angel
swsa
Miss Moneypenny
ActonBell
QueenSix
Red Wolf
blooey
The Glen
Eris Rising
truecrystal
maxell131313
bookworm
Cutebutpsycho
Binky
The Dude
tothemax
blixie
Pontius Pilates
Poubelle
particle_person
biakbiak
Genevieve
whatthedeuce
queenofdenile
Kiran
PrincessCleo
Carrie Ann
laddical
119 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrity Dumb Quotes - Page 16 Empty Re: Celebrity Dumb Quotes

Post  Never Enough Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Plus, Tina ended that Golden Globes bit by saying, "She needs to focus on herself." or something like that. Which is more of a motherly comment, not a slam.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:57 pm

I can barely follow what Swift actually said there--like, the part that's actual quote, she's just saying I like Katie Couric, she told me about this great quote. The rest is some weird, confusing mess trying to pass itself off as context.

Of course, the excerpted article seems to think I'm stupid enough to believe that a house she apparently spent a year looking at was totally bought because of a two-month relationship. I hope the actual full-length article is better.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:02 pm

Eh, I believe the house story, tbh. It may not have been all about Conor. But it seems to me like she was pretty in love with the idea of the Kennedys and that's why she was interested in the house, pre-Conor. But the timing for which she finally bought it and flipped sure is convenient as far as when the two of them were dating, so it's hard for me to believe that it wasn't at least in part influenced by their relationship.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Never Enough wrote:Plus, Tina ended that Golden Globes bit by saying, "She needs to focus on herself." or something like that. Which is more of a motherly comment, not a slam.

Exactly that.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:01 pm

I actually really liked the excerpts of the rest of the article that I read (she seemed rational and self aware, although the refusing to talk about Harry Styles but letting her friend talk about Harry Styles was such a high school move), which is unusual for me in regards to her, but yeah that...is just stupid.

And missing the point of the original Madeline Albright quote. And like its been said, they weren't even MEAN. She'd have every right if they were like "Maybe stop being the town bicycle, Taylor, mmkay?" but that IS NOT at all what they said. It was an incredibly mild joke.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:53 pm

It was actually also kind of good advice.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Taylor has exposed herself as being as childish and humorless as all of her critics have made her out to be all along. As everyone in this thread has said, Amy & Tina's joke about her was mild and harmless.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:03 pm

I never liked Taylor Swift. She always seemed like a calculating drama-whore to me, and hearing her use that quote is pretty damn funny, since 99.9% of her songs are about how much other girls suck, always coming between you and your one true love, and blah blah blah. She needs to take the stick out of her ass, IMO.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:38 pm

She's quite mature in some ways, and in others she doesn't seem to have moved on from high school, which tends to be reflected her songs. Now, if only she could sing...

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:38 pm

It would appear that she's referring to Tina & Amy by mentioning that quote, but I have not read the article, so I want to refrain from making strong comments...

Taylor Swift does wear the victim role quite well. I wonder how long the media will perpetuate this "feud". I hope not long. Amy's response was brilliant & nipping it in the bud. So I hope this ends.

Back to top Go down

Post  KaveDweller Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Amy's response was brilliant & nipping it in the bud. So I hope this ends.

What was her response?

It's not like Taylor is the only person who's had a joke told about them at an awards show.

KaveDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:20 pm

"I am a feminist and she is a young and talented girl. That being said, I do agree I am going to hell," the comedian added. "But for other reasons. Mostly boring tax stuff."

TS would benefit from either developing thicker skin or taking stock of her own actions & resolving her own garbage instead of making it other people's problems.

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:20 pm

Amy's response:

"Aw, I feel bad if she was upset. I am a feminist, and she is a young and talented girl. That being said, I do agree I am going to hell. But for other reasons. Mostly boring tax stuff," Poehler said.

Tina's reponse:

"If anyone was going to get mad at us, I thought it would be James Cameron," Fey said. "I did not see that one coming. It was a joke. It was a light-hearted joke."
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:22 pm

Thanks biakbiak, I forgot to copy the 1st sentence. A bit cumbersome posting from smartphone!

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:30 am

I really want Taylor's exes to form a band and sing, "We Never Ever Want to Get Back Together With You, Either." If she can't handle a tiny joke from Tina and Amy she'd go apopleptic over that.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:56 am

queenofdenile wrote:I really want Taylor's exes to form a band and sing, "We Never Ever Want to Get Back Together With You, Either." If she can't handle a tiny joke from Tina and Amy she'd go apopleptic over that.

Heehee, this is what I keep hoping for too. Especially one of the guys involved in these two-week, paparazzi-heavy "love affairs" that couldn't possibly mean that much to anyone, yet spawns 5 angst-ridden songs.

I've always liked Taylor Swift but she's wearing out her welcome lately. The humorlessness is unbecoming and the way it sounded like she was encouraging her fans to berate Michael J Fox irked me.

"If anyone was going to get mad at us, I thought it would be James Cameron," Fey said. "I did not see that one coming. It was a joke. It was a light-hearted joke."

Seriously, that James Cameron bit was way harsher (but far and away my favorite joke of the telecast and Amy's unapologetic smile afterward was classic).

I didn't watch the whole show so I did kinda wonder what made them bring up MJF's son? Was there some sort of context to that or was he sitting nearby or something?

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:07 pm

She is just way too thin-skinned. I wonder if her people ever ask her to just suck it up and take a blow for once without having to play victim. Probably not, huh? She likely is encouraged to play that role cuz it makes her sympathetic. Well it's supposed to at least.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:22 pm

mayram wrote:

I didn't watch the whole show so I did kinda wonder what made them bring up MJF's son? Was there some sort of context to that or was he sitting nearby or something?

He was bringing out the awards/ushering people off-stage. Mr. Golden Globe, or whatever they call it.
And I am all for the exes banding together. They could totally sell that single the next time there's a disaster telethon. I'd buy the hell out of it.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:57 pm

mokey75 wrote:
mayram wrote:

He was bringing out the awards/ushering people off-stage. Mr. Golden Globe, or whatever they call it.

Yup. It's usually a woman, but for the Golden Globes it's always the son or daughter of a famous actor. I remember back in the day Rumor Willis was Ms. Golden Globe. Just another way to get more famous people to attend.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:06 pm

I would give my soul to hear her exes release a single about being glad they're rid of her. She'd probably cry and ask her fans to boycott them though.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Wyomissing Junior-Senior High School was a (relatively) long time ago but I swear she never left it. She's in such a state of arrested adolescence that it's making her look like a dope the more she speaks (or acts). GROW UP, ffs.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:03 pm

I was shocked when I found out she was 21 a few years ago. I really thought she was 17, and that's why she was still singing about cheerleaders and sitting on bleachers.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:25 pm

I just can't with her "I'm a very special snowflake," Michael J. Fox ended up having to call her and apologize for a joke he made in response just so that she would tell her twitter followers to back off.

It's like even when I thought she was totally in the right to be upset over the Kayne thing, the whole over the top reaction and her feeling the need to go and write a song about it, makes me just want to tell her to simmer down.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:35 pm

I felt bad for her after the Kanye thing, but now she cries to the world everytime someone makes a joke about her or says anything of her that is less than positive. I'm so tired of her boohoo routine.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:43 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:I felt bad for her after the Kanye thing, but now she cries to the world everytime someone makes a joke about her or says anything of her that is less than positive. I'm so tired of her boohoo routine.

Yeah, she burned through the goodwill from that pretty quickly, didn't she?
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next