Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcement About New Forum and Leadership Changes

+20
bookworm
Tabby
Carrie Ann
narfzz
mrinsouciance
year of the cat
particle_person
eventide82
Cutebutpsycho
punkysdilemma
The Glen
blixie
Instant Monkeys
Jasmine
PrincessCleo
sixchooks
whatthedeuce
Eris Rising
jaraga
vwlphb
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Announcement About New Forum and Leadership Changes Empty Announcement About New Forum and Leadership Changes

Post  vwlphb Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:37 am

Hi everyone,

As you can tell, there have been a lot of changes going on at Snarkfest. Unfortunately, Forumer, our host for the past six years, has been having a lot of technical problems for the past few months. We were hoping to weather through with them until their planned server updates, but before that could happen our board got corrupted and went down completely. It became necessary to set up this temporary board, which may become our new home.

Along with the change in board location, we are also going to have some changes in board leadership. Lezopez and I have decided to step down from our roles as administrators of Snarkfest. We love this community, but we're both at different points in our life from when we started as admins. Back then we were still undergraduates and could let Snarkfest take priority for our time. Now that we have graduated, the real world has taken precedent. We want the best for the community and believe a more actively engaged moderating team will help it flourish.

Lezopez and I have asked PrincessCleo to be the new head of the forum. She's been with the boards since day one, and a moderator for over half the life of the boards. We've always found her to be level headed even when conversations get heated, and she is usually the most actively participating moderator on the forum. We know she cares deeply about the Snarkfest community and has always been a touchstone for the community anytime there has been trouble or transitions.

Lezopez and I are not saying goodbye - we will still be on the boards, just as normal members of the community. Being involved in Snarkfest has been an amazing time in our lives and we're thankful to every one of you for making the community great. We've formed great friendships, both purely online and in person, through the boards. We look forward to seeing how the board grows in the coming years.

Thank you,
vwlphb and lezopez

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Announcement About New Forum and Leadership Changes Empty Re: Announcement About New Forum and Leadership Changes

Post  jaraga Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:49 am

Thanks for all the work you guys have done.

jaraga

Back to top Go down

Announcement About New Forum and Leadership Changes Empty Re: Announcement About New Forum and Leadership Changes

Post  Eris Rising Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:34 am

Now I'm getting all nostalgic.

Excellent job, both of you. Take a well-deserved break.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:12 am

I saw this on our LJ comm and wanna reiterate how grateful I am to you both for the modding work you've done on the boards all these years. Best of luck to you as you move into new chapters of your lives!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  sixchooks Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:45 am

Snarkfest had a truly impressive run at Forumer. It was really nice to know that the community was there and humming even if I couldn't visit. Thanks, vwlphb and lezopez.
sixchooks
sixchooks

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:27 pm

I'll also say something on the SF LJ so it won't be overlooked as this thread progresses, but as the current admin, I don't intend to do anything drastically different. We've had such great admins in vwlphb and lezopez, and such a great mod team under them, and such a great community in and of itself, that I'm just here to make sure everything keeps on keepin' on. particle_person has done such a great job working on the tech issues of the new board--which blixie set up for us, with The Glen helping to get things organized at first--that I'm happy to keep settling in as we have been. What I've been hearing from y'all is that speed, reliability, and keeping the community together are y'all's biggest concern at this point; aesthetics are just something to be ironed out as we go along.

In terms of the direction of the board, as it were, my only concern is that people continue to be able to disagree with each other in a friendly way, and to express that without hostility towards each other. Not micromanaging people or suppressing a difference of opinion; just respecting it. What's that scene in Dirty Dancing? "This is my dance space; that is your dance space." Everyone gets to have an opinion space. And even that isn't changing anything.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Huge huge thanks to blixie! Without her we wouldn't even have a new internet home, thanks so much.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Thank you so much, guys, for all the work you've put in over the years!! Now you can chill out and enjoy the showbiz gossip. :)

And continued thanks to blixie for birthing the new board, The Glen for helping her to set it up, and particle_person for the diligent and ongoing technical tweaking. I can't tell you how glad I am that this place endures, with or without Forumer's help.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Thanks to vwlphp and lezopez for keeping the ersatz FT/SF community together way back when, and huge thanks to The Glen and particle_person for helping me get things going here. I know PrincessCleo, will do a great job leading us into the future of celebrity smack talk. Or is it trash talk?

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks, vwlphb and lezopez for everything. Best wishes to PrincessCleo, you'll do a great job.

And thanks to blixie and particle_person for some trojan work.

Thanks also to everyone for your patience and the speed at which you've built up the community again.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks all for all your attention and effort.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:25 pm

I just wanted to say thank you again to lezopez and vwlphb for everything. I remember when Snarkfest 2.0 died and you guys brought it back. Also, big props to PrincessCleo for carrying us into a new incarnation, Particle Person for coding and Blixie and The Glen for setting us up. You guys rock.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:51 pm

Thanks for all the hard work guys, both past and present, it's greatly appreciated.

May I ask - is there a new mod team now, or will it remain PrincessCleo, The Glen, blixie and particle_person?

Regardless, I'm happy to have a place like this to keep me entertained!
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:06 pm

spidey is a mod too, and hopefully some more of our former mods will come back.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:22 pm

We're still trying to round up everyone--a lot of people had gotten busy or taken time off from the board, but anyone who was a mod before the move, we're going to ask if they want to stay on. That's something I want to figure out, an actual roster of current mods.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:46 am

Also, cause it bears a repeat while things are so unsettled, I'm solely tech support, not a mod in the conventional sense.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:53 am

Thanks everybody, for all your hard work!
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:53 am

And here I thought you were drunk with power. Clearly you have much to learn from tothemax.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:11 am

mrinsouciance wrote:And here I thought you were drunk with power. Clearly you have much to learn from tothemax.

I have edited this forum whilst drinking. I'm not gonna say that's when all the titles disappeared, but setting your drink down on the numerical keypad is never a good idea.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  narfzz Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:13 am

Thanks vwlphb and lezopez for all the time and effort you guys have put in to make this a great community. Thank you!

narfzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks to all, past and present, for your help creating and maintaining this community.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Thanks to everyone who makes this board possible!
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:16 pm

The old site is apparently back up. I accidentally typed in the wrong address today, and it appears to be working.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:19 pm

bookworm wrote:The old site is apparently back up. I accidentally typed in the wrong address today, and it appears to be working.

Yeah, but it seems that all of the topics are gone.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Really? I can see them.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum