Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Web Series

+4
Raksha
bosoxgirl
choubetcha
queenofdenile
8 posters

Go down

Web Series Empty Web Series

Post  queenofdenile Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:41 pm

We have a web comics thread, so I thought one on interesting web series could be good, too. Different from online videos to discuss and share ongoing series and the like.

I'm loving The Misadventures of an Awkward Black Girl and Friends - alternates between being charming and biting. I read that they recently signed a deal to make it a cable half-hour show, which makes me happy.

I also don't know how long Shit Girls Say can last, but I find it pretty adorable.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Web Series Empty Re: Web Series

Post  choubetcha Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:47 pm

For some reason, I have a hard time getting myself to sit still to watch a webseries even though most have episodes just MINUTES long. I think the only one I've ever watched to completion was The Guild, and that was probably only because it was on netflix and just sort of played through. I like both the ones you linked, queenofdenile, and I've also seen and enjoyed some episodes of Web Therapy with Lisa Kudrow.

I tried watching Husbands when it started, because Jane Espenson plugs it incessantly on twitter, but I kind of hated it and never made it past the first episode.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Burning Love was so hysterical. I think I've only watched one or two episodes of the Bachelor in my life but God, I loved this show. Perfectly cast too.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  bosoxgirl Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:13 am

Burning Love was so hysterical. I think I've only watched one or two episodes of the Bachelor in my life but God, I loved this show. Perfectly cast too..

Burning Love is hilarious. I watched it all in one sitting last week and I laughed so hard. The really funny parts are the ones that are nearly indistinguishable from The Bachelor.

bosoxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:20 am

One of my Kingdom of Loathing clan members is a member of Action Playground and I've been going through their videos tonight. They're short action videos with video game themes. The fight choreo and viz effects are really a cut above the usual web series offerings. Fun!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Really enjoyed Burning Love. Also quite liked Sex House, though if you think you know what you're expecting with it, you don't!

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Burning Love is back, and the cast is predictably awesome.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:00 am

So excited - season 2 of Blue starts on 15th of March! It's like they wanted to extend my birthday another week.

Season 1 playlist here. Julia Stiles, Uriah Shelton, David Harbour, Kathleen Quinlan are amazing. Sarah Paulson surprisingly bad.
Season 2 trailer here.
Am slightly terrified that James Morrison's character seems to be upgraded to be a regular.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:39 am

School Of Thrones, a depiction of the Game Of Thrones universe set in a high school. Watch it for the CW show-style credits if for nothing else.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri May 30, 2014 2:58 am

I really don't know where else to put this, so I'm guessing here: LeVar Burton's Kickstarter to bring Reading Rainbow back on the web! Apparently they want to put it on the web and create special classroom versions free to schools. The goal was $1 million, but they're already at $2.5m with about a month to go! I loved Reading Rainbow so much growing up, so I'm super happy to see this.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Sat May 31, 2014 8:42 pm

I have the tablet App. It's beautiful. I even buy hard copy books if I really like the e-book. It's worth the subscription price.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down