Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 25 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 25 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Kiran Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Yeah I think they totally pimped out what was a rebound fuck and it backfired on them. BUT LOL, At the MAYBE KRISTEN STEWART CAN SAVE YOU? Like what? He looks like a puppet, but...like she doesn't have her own myriad of pr issues?

I think the reason I am refusing to give Lainey any credit, even though she was probably right about this situation is because its so hypocritical. You can't call him out and then do a KStew slip in like that, girl. You can't. Don't act so offended about celebs poorly playing the pr game when your ass spent a year trying to convince us that Blake Lively broke Leo DiCaprio.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 25 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  sobe Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Their PR teams definitely went hella hard with their couple roll-out, but the post-MoS timing still doesn't make any sense to me from a publicity perspective. Maybe their teams are just that incompetent? I don't know.

Anyway, I know Lainey likes to style herself as a fame game scholar, but I saw this from her Cavill/Cuoco piece this morning:

Cuoco and Cavill were shot together on a hike in the hills by a photographer who just, you know, woke up and decided it would be a good place to hang out for several hours that day in the hopes that Superman would just show up.

Were they hiking at Runyon Canyon? Because paparazzi kinda do hang out at there waiting for celebs to show up. I've seen a lot of pics of Orlando Bloom and Amanda Seyfried and others hiking or walking their dogs. Defamer just did a story a week or so ago on the top 40 places in LA  paps go to shoot and Runyon Canyon was one of them. Which isn't to say that Superman and "Nerd Girl" (really?) didn't go there intending to be papped or that their PR teams didn't alert them, because indeed it was all a bit heavy-handed. But Lainey made it out like a celeb would never be photographed hiking unless he or she had paparazzi on speed dial.

sobe

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Their PR teams definitely went hella hard with their couple roll-out, but the post-MoS timing still doesn't make any sense to me from a publicity perspective.

For me it always looked more like dumping Carano was the key messaging. Superman is not dating a woman who could beat most men up in a dark alley, he's dating adorable, blonde, and down to earth!

I wasn't super invested in him and Gina, but I agreed with Lainey, that relationship definitely was the most interesting thing about him and seeing that not only did he apparently drop her, he was going to hard sell his new relationship with Cuoco after what a bunch of texts and few booty calls? Okay, besides those pics of Supes @ Stampede is probably like Shark Week or should I say SharkNado week for his PR anyway. "He's drowning in beautiful babies. Six days!"

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sobe Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:20 pm

For me it always looked more like dumping Carano was the key messaging. Superman is not dating a woman who could beat most men up in a dark alley, he's dating adorable, blonde, and down to earth!

My issue is still: why would his people need to rush out that narrative two weeks after the movie was released and major promo already done? If they weren't going to do it before or during promo and release, where's the benefit? If they were going to do it after, why not wait a couple of months?

Last edited by sobe on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

sobe

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:22 am

Right there with ya, sobe. I think it was a genuine (though minor) flirtation that the PR folks were happy about and decided to blow outta proportion. I really can't imagine that they'd bother with an actual calculated PR stunt weeks afters the movie's release.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:39 pm

No Lainey, not everyone dislikes and is bored of Thor. I rather like him, and I love Hiddleston I do, but the Loki stanning on that site is overkill. No one needs to see Loki and Jane Foster get together, also the movie isn't called Loki.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Both her and Sarah are as obsessed with Loki as a Tumblr fangirl.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:55 pm

I do love how no one can find anything bad to say about Channing Tatum though.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:35 pm

I hope it stays that way. He's really won me over since The Vow and Magic Mike.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:37 pm

So The Vow was good, Whatthedeuce? I tend to avoid anything Nicholas Sparks, Channing Tatum or not.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:42 pm

I was surprised at how much I liked it, Jude! I was dragged to the theater by my sisters and mom, and I think I ended up enjoying it more than anyone else.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:15 pm

I always have this vibe in her Jennifer Lawrence columns like she really WANTS to hate on her but she knows the cool kids love Jen right now and that she has no actual good reason to dislike her. But there's just this sense of tip-toeing around calling her a phony and a sell-out, but having to insert stuff like "everyone loves her (including me)" to dodge having to own her opinions.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Jude wrote:So The Vow was good, Whatthedeuce? I tend to avoid anything Nicholas Sparks, Channing Tatum or not.
The Vow actually isn't Nicholas Sparks, so you're safe!
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Wow...really? I honestly thought it was! It just seemed so...Nicholas Sparksy to me. Well then...guess I know what I'm taking home next from the library!

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Swsa wrote:I always have this vibe in her Jennifer Lawrence columns like she really WANTS to hate on her but she knows the cool kids love Jen right now and that she has no actual good reason to dislike her. But there's just this sense of tip-toeing around calling her a phony and a sell-out, but having to insert stuff like "everyone loves her (including me)" to dodge having to own her opinions.
Honestly, I think it's because Jennifer Lawrence is receiving the awards and the roles that Lainey thinks rightfully belong to Kristen Stewart -- the way she has wrote about them in the past seems like she thinks KStew's surliness is more "authentic" but I guess she knows it would be too unpopular an opinion to state outright in her column.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Carrie Ann wrote:
Jude wrote:So The Vow was good, Whatthedeuce? I tend to avoid anything Nicholas Sparks, Channing Tatum or not.
The Vow actually isn't Nicholas Sparks, so you're safe!
Ha, I was totally just about to google that because I didn't remember The Vow being Nicholas Sparks either.

I can totally see why someone would jump to that conclusion though, between the plot and Rachel McAdams being one of the leads, it might as well be!

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Reading her column on how One Direction have no discernable stage act and in fact even seem like they may not rehearse at all and just mill around the stage aimlessly, all while trying to present this as something intriguing or inventive may have been one of her most embarrassing fangirl moments that didn't involve Aaron Johnson and Sam Taylor Johnson.

They have minimal talent and seem lazy, Lainey. This is what you spent a whole column not wanting to say.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:45 pm

I love 1D and just saw them live last week, and they seriously just chitchat with each other and answer audience questions between songs. They don't have any choreography or anything outstanding in their show. That said, I loved every fucking minute of it though and didn't sit down once during their 2 hours onstage.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Okay that latest Robert Pattinson article actual made me feel bad for Mischa Barton. Shes an awful actress and was a brat back in the day, but she was also extremely troubled. And since then she seems to have recovered and now is pretty quiet and omakes her lifetime movies. I am not a fan but Jesus. Same with Michelle Rodriguez tbh. She seems to have cleaned up a lot and actually seem like kind of a fun person.

And its hypocritical because Kristen Stewart is doing a movie with and hanging out with off screen Lane Garrison. Also known as the guy that spent time in jail for drinking and driving resulting in the death of a teenager.

And yeah, I get the feeling she wishes she could hate on Jennifer Lawrence too.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Yeah, I get her point that these are not A-list people to be hanging out with? But I have a feeling she would never have done a column about it at all if it weren't Pattinson. I mean, the story on E! wasn't even about Mischa. It was about his new house and there was one line that mentioned Mischa as someone who'd been at a party there. It's not like there were pics of them out clubbing or reports they're dating. It was a total nothing mention that she ONLY blew up into a huge deal because she hates him SO much.
Also known as the guy that spent time in jail for drinking and driving resulting in the death of a teenager.
And was caught on video assaulting his girlfriend last year. I suppose Lainey's giving Kristen a pass since she and Lane are working together. But funny she doesn't give that same pass to anyone who works with, talks to, or is civil in public to Chris Brown.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:21 pm

Once again when it comes to Robert Pattinson, its not that shes wrong about a lot of stuff, it is bad to shove anyone, even someone you think is a pap, but its hypocritical considering a lot of the people she fangirls. Also...why...would he need to secretly go visit a hospital and arrange for a patient to talk about it to make up for...having a party that Mischa Barton attended? I think only Lainey REALLY cares about that.

I would be less O RLY if I didn't think much like shes annoyed that Jennifer Lawrence has the career she believes Kristen Stewart should have, shes more just annoyed that Robert Pattinson seems to be making better and more prestige post Twilight choices. Or at least has gotten in with the right people (Cronenberg for example).
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:28 pm

I saw the video of that shove too and they were calling him the f-word and everything. It was really ugly.

And while I've seen THAT all over the media, I hadn't even heard about the hospital thing at all, so if that was a pr move, it was a little too subtle to do any good. But then, this is the woman who thinks Angelina got a double mastectomy to help World War Z's box office. I guess the only celebs who do things for reasons other than publicity are the ones she pimps on her blog for visiting Covenant House Vancouver.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:35 pm

I heard about it on ONTD and that was it. And it was that he apparently goes regularly and this time one of the patients was a teen girl with a crush on him and she blogged about it. Like...at the end of the day what she considers him going LA and on the path to obliviousnes is not any worse really then any young actor. And he might very fail in all the work hes doing now, but its also the case that hes signed onto interesting sounding movies with great talent involved. So its...just...very transparent.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Have I asked this before (if so, please forgive me)? WHY does Lainey hate Rob Pattinson so much? I don't get it, I really don't. Back in the early days of Twilight, she seemed to think he was a good guy when she interviewed him. But since that she's become so obviously hostile to him that it's as though he did something unseemly to her personally in the intervening time.

Maybe I'd understand it more if she'd been this way only since he broke it off with her girl crush Kristen, but she's been like this for years about him. I don't get it. He seems so basically harmless, unless she knows something about him no one else does.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:57 pm

She thinks Kristen Stewart can do better. And a rumour I heard was that years ago he was warned about her and didn't give her an interview.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next