Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall TV Season

+56
ulkis
Algae
chick binewski
naughty zoot
Agent Sculder
Shalamar
punkysdilemma
mortalmax
TiffanyNichelle
SNeaker
Gillian
mandalaya
Kiran
Swarley
Nerg
punzy
Putli Bai
inversed
sen3
FiggyPudding
Gilraen
bookworm
mrinsouciance
QueenSix
RiverThames
Heather
nikita
BreezyK
Morning Angel
Instant Monkeys
Matinee
katesti
Case
mokey75
Eris Rising
Shadowlass
Raksha
Binky
queenofdenile
bosoxgirl
Escape
curryalley
puddingcup
xyzzy
Carrie Ann
truecrystal
bbridges
Cynara
maxell131313
Raised by wolves
ActonBell
dionneshea
choubetcha
biakbiak
sagitare
blixie
60 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Fall TV Season - Page 3 Empty Re: Fall TV Season

Post  QueenSix Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:32 pm

truecrystal wrote:I'm not even gonna lie -- I am enjoying the hell outta Beauty and the Beast. It's cheesy and silly at times, okay, most of the time. But I've always liked Kristen Kreuk and even though her gun is bigger than she is, she's not distracting me playing a bad ass cop. She's even good in the action scenes! And dude who plays Vincent is Generic Hottie #476 but he is hot and he and KK have good chemistry. It's entertaining! I swear!

I'm really enjoying it too. Granted, as I am watching it through 'other means', my vote doesn't mean very much when it comes to ratings and what not but it's very entertaining and I think this past Friday's episode was the strongest so far. They seem to be getting into their stride with the whole thing. I must say, I find it refreshing that Detective Catherine and her partner, also a female, seem to actually have a relationship and talk to one another. Plus it's a lot less angsty than the original series, which I was a fan of and own the DVD's, but damn if Original Vincent wasn't always having some kind of issue over something or other. I know my fourteen year old self might have found that acceptable or didn't notice it as much, but my older self just finds it all very tiresome of him.

In conclusion: new Beauty & the Beast series = Woo!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:14 am

God, I am trying so hard to like B&B. I have a lot of affection for the original, but that's not what's keeping from enjoying this new show. I just don't like the actors playing Catherine and Vincent. I never watched Smallville, so I have no residual hate for Lana or whatever. The guy playing Vincent has been bugging the shit out of me with his accent, so much so that I looked him up--he's a Kiwi. Makes sense now. I'm not giving up, though, not yet.

The major thing I'm missing is that I wanted the mystery behind Vincent to be a bit more prolonged. Right in the show intro, bam! Genetic alteration while serving in the military. I think it would have been more interesting for Vincent to be in the process of discovering how the hell he came to be the way he is. I also think it's weird that they "met" 9 years ago. That's a long time for everyone to look pretty much the same.

But I pretty much hated the first 10 or so episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The Vampire Diaries, so I'm hanging in there.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:16 pm

I don't love the dude playing Vincent, but I actually find Kristen Kreuk very likable. I really DO NOT like the lady playing her partner. But dammit, I'm watching and I am not stopping.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:57 pm

I hung in there until last week with Revolution, but Charley annoys the living crap out of me, and the plot advances at such a ridiculous snail's pace that I just can't generate much enthusiasm. That and so much of the focus seems to be on man's inhumanity to man (which I can totally buy, but that doesn't mean I find it entertaining week in and week out) rather than other possibilities I would probably find more interesting (more of a focus on going back to 19th century technology to make up for the loss of electricity, for example) means I'm throwing in the towel. I just don't care about the people we've been shown in that version of the world.

For all its faults, I actually thought Jericho did a better job of showing a post-apocalyptic U.S.A.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Oh I completely agree about Jericho. I still watch Revolution because a colleague and I have taken to snarking it live on Facebook. It is much better at that point!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm kinda sorta still watching it, but my investment has decayed to the point where I usually hardly pay attention and mostly do the internet while it's on. I also wish there was more technology stuff and less boring talking and shooting. You know, that's how Lost sucked me in. Like, the first five episodes or something were just them trying to figure out how to eat and stuff. This is just, everyone somehow has bras and the kind of boots that are in style this season and they just walk around getting into scrapes and then getting out of them and I wish I liked it more.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:44 pm

Yeah, this is my feeling about Revolution. I read some interview with the show's creators (or maybe it was just an article by a critic? I don't remember) where they were insisting it was not a post-apocalyptic show; it was an adventure quest show instead. And they're right but what I actually want to watch is a post-apocalyptic show.

I read maybe one and a half of the S.M. Stirling books with a similar premise (except that guns didn't work in his world either, for some reason, and there was no conspiracy that we knew about). That did better on dealing with the post-apocalyptic nature of the world, but (a) it kept devolving into loooooong battles; and (b) there were all these weird coincidences where they'd need a bow-and-arrow and someone would show up and say "As it happens, my pre-apocalypse hobby was making bows-and-arrows with only pre-modern materials and technology!"

So basically, I feel like the market is still open for a really awesome piece of "electricity stops working" media.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 am

Gilraen wrote:Yeah, this is my feeling about Revolution. I read some interview with the show's creators (or maybe it was just an article by a critic? I don't remember) where they were insisting it was not a post-apocalyptic show; it was an adventure quest show instead. And they're right but what I actually want to watch is a post-apocalyptic show.
This.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:58 am

See, the flashback where the (now dead) woman was trying to figure out how to take a boat across the ocean to get back to her kids was interesting, but the whole "yeah, that's never happening again" attitude she got made me wonder why some enterprising folks didn't try to retro-fit ships with steam-powered engines, or maybe even start building galleons or something.

Plus I keep wondering how much of parts of the country were rendered uninhabitable because the local nuclear plant melted down catastrophically.

Instead we get the latest sociopathic sadist of the week - not to mention Monroe, whom I can't figure out HOW he got to be in charge (presumably because Miles was the brains at the time). I keep wondering if it ever dawned on him that if they turn the electricity back on, he ceases to be special and likely goes back to being an irrelevant jerkwad.

Also, how did Aaron manage to remain so portly given the changes in diet and lifestyle? I get that some people might anyway, but I remember the heavy kid in The Stand ended up slimming down in the book after the super flu killed nearly everyone.

Just stuff like that.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 am

Sometimes Revolution seems like it takes place in some world where there are no books. I know that most people don't know how to build sailing ships but we have that knowledge. They built steam engines at the library at Alexandria! I feel like some enterprising people could figure it out. Maybe all the really talented people are hiding out somewhere, and they have an awesome society but they don't let any of these people in.

The only flashback I'd be really interested in on Revolution is one that talks about how long until people figured out that the electricity was never coming back. I thought skipping ahead would make the show more interesting but I think I'd be more interested in the creation of this world than the show.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  FiggyPudding Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:14 pm

I can't watch Revolution anymore. It's so boring and I don't care about the central conflict. I tried, but man, so so boring.

FiggyPudding

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:06 am

I see 666 Park Avenue got axed. I actually sort of liked that one, eeeevillll building and all. Mostly I liked John Locke, Son of Satan and Vanessa Williams as his hot sidekick.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Case wrote:"Up All Night" has had so many changes that I've lost count.

1. The pilot is filmed as "Alpha Mom", with Ava as a recurring character. Bridesmaids is released and is a hit. Pilot retooled and renamed, making Ava a lead character. Reagan and Ava go from PR executives to talk show producer and daytime host. Here we go...

2. Nick Cannon appears as Ava's bandleader. He's gone as quickly as he came. Did he ever show up after the aired pilot?

3. Without any story buildup, The Ava Show is bought by a vaguely defined female British media mogul. Said mogul promotes her right hand man, Luke (Steven Pasquale), as a producer on the talk show. Initially a protagonist for Reagan, he becomes a barely recurring character. The most random and inconsequential of changes.

3. The Ava Show is canceled, getting rid of the amazing Missy! Reagan suddenly has a brother, Scott (Luka Jones). Chris and Reagan's roles as parents are reversed.

4. "Up All Night is recorded in front of a live studio audience!" The hit sitcom of 1993.

Anything that I missed or got wrong?
ETA: I watch entirely too much television.

5. Christina Applegate leaves Up All Night.

Sounds to me like a death knell, unless they revamp AGAIN into single-dad show.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Apparently the revamp of the show makes it a behind the scenes show. Like now it is about the making of the show we were just watching, I guess. I don't know what is going on.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:52 am

I still wonder about that blind item about two people hooking up on their show who had partners and think it was WA and CA. Her bugging out now makes me think it even more.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sat May 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Reviving this thread for all the recent cancellations.

Go On and Happy Endings were the only ones I watched.

I wonder how much Matthew Perry and John Cho were getting paid. They seem expensive (no idea though), and I thought the show was pretty good among the absolute wasteland of suck now known as NBC comedies. That said, I only ever watched it on HULU while bored at work.

ABC seems to have wiped out everything that isn't Modern Family or The Middle. I liked Happy Endings but it was also getting sillier and sillier and less sitcom more sketch comedy.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Tue May 14, 2013 8:35 am

I'm superexcite for Sleepy Hollow after seeing the trailer. The lady cop seems pretty cool (I hope it's all because Nicole Beharie is AWESOME!). Plus we have a bit of Clancy Brown and John Cho and Orlando Jones?! And a lead character with a ridiculous posh accent and stupid hair who will give me awesome "man out of time" wacky hijinks and yukks. And I love flashbacks to Colonial Times.

Last edited by sen3 on Tue May 14, 2013 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Tue May 14, 2013 10:19 am

Ooooh that does look good! I'm sad that Clancy Brown dies right away though, he's awesome. I was actually begging out loud for the trailer not to say "heads will roll" but I guess you can't win them all.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Tue May 14, 2013 10:56 am

It's my kind of genre cheeze, but I know it will be cancelled fairly quickly so I plan to enjoy the two or three eps we will probably get to see.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Tue May 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Almost Human looks really good (and that's not just because of the Karl Urban factor, heh). Of the new show clips I've seen, this one has definitely stuck with me. I'll be checking it out for sure.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Tue May 14, 2013 7:17 pm

sen3 wrote:I'm superexcite for Sleepy Hollow after seeing the trailer. The lady cop seems pretty cool (I hope it's all because Nicole Beharie is AWESOME!). Plus we have a bit of Clancy Brown and John Cho and Orlando Jones?! And a lead character with a ridiculous posh accent and stupid hair who will give me awesome "man out of time" wacky hijinks and yukks. And I love flashbacks to Colonial Times.

I'm in. Holy shit, I'm in. Looks like I'm gonna have to break down and get me one of them DVR dealies.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Wed May 15, 2013 9:54 am

sagitare wrote:Almost Human looks really good (and that's not just because of the Karl Urban factor, heh). Of the new show clips I've seen, this one has definitely stuck with me. I'll be checking it out for sure.

This looks SO GOOD. Like good-good, not cheezy-good. I really hope it is. I'm rooting for this one.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Wed May 15, 2013 11:18 am

That looks good! I will be watching. But it's a Science-fiction show on Fox, so two years tops?

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Wed May 15, 2013 3:30 pm

punzy wrote:That looks good! I will be watching. But it's a Science-fiction show on Fox, so two years tops?
Right? It's a shame because Karl Urban deserves better but there it is. Might as well start the prayer circle now.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerg Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:12 am

And so it begins! Did anyone watch Sleepy Hollow tonight? I thought it was incredibly fun. Hope they can keep the crazy going full throttle.

Showtime has also put the Masters of Sex pilot up for free on YouTube. I really enjoyed it but I am a sucker for Lizzy Caplan. Also, a lot of the dialogue felt anachronistic to me even though it may not have been, but that's probably because when I think '50s I think sockhops and poodle skirts. I shall overcome this, in the name of good television.

And I'm super excited for Brooklyn 9-9 tomorrow. I also like everyone involved in Trophy Wife, and the pilot was decent enough so I'll give it a try.

In conclusion: yay, TV's back!

Nerg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next