Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lindsay Lohan

+75
mortalmax
Rhilin
big chicken
Gillian
BloozyTunes
mrinsouciance
blooey
KatOla520
Matinee
BreezyK
Carrie Ann
sagitare
Instant Monkeys
woolhat
Binky
maxell131313
Arabella
bookworm
bosoxgirl
mayram
Lis
naughty zoot
bbridges
vwlphb
Melk
Jude
allochthonous
Decca
jcpdiesel21
ActonBell
mokey75
Genevieve
Soleil
Poubelle
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
Lady V
biakbiak
tothemax
Never Enough
VodouDoll
Kiran
Putli Bai
lisa
Crowbridge
Esseilte
Pumpkin Cake
particle_person
truecrystal
dinahmoe
Miss Moneypenny
Sheli
RubyTuesday
curryalley
jensa
Lily Rose
whatthedeuce
year of the cat
MichiSichi
The Dude
puddingcup
Eris Rising
Jamie
oxymoron
Fraoch
Raksha
queenofdenile
swsa
gannetguts
katesti
pizzagirl20
Jessica
aninnocent
blixie
The Glen
79 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Lindsay Lohan - Page 14 Empty Re: Lindsay Lohan

Post  blixie Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:40 pm

I liked her best in the Freaky Friday remake, and I do think she had "it", but her moment such as it was is most definitely behind her. I hate to say gone forever because I never thought Natasha Lyonne would get herself healthy again either, but she also took the time to *go away* and get healthy and then come back. But she was never the fame whore Linds was.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:55 pm

Natasha Lyonne also did the hard work of building back up her reputation and proving she's dependable enough to hire again. Lindsay absolutely refuses to do anything of the kind.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:15 pm

My fond memories of her are even earlier, the remake of Parent Trap (though I liked Freaky Friday, too). I don't think she was particularly special in Mean Girls.

She might get "it" back, but...uh...let's not hold our breaths. I think she's still busy being incredibly self-destructive and that's a fulltime job.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:35 pm

While I definitely think she did have "it" at one point, the genre that she was made for? Romantic comedies. I think she might have more of a chance at a comeback if she was better known as a dramatic or grittier actor (ie, I think Reese Witherspoon is downshifting her career to focus more on interesting smaller parts in movies with dramatic respected directors and she can do that because her early career was edgier, and frankly her issue was not her personally it was that her rom coms stopped selling). She was being groomed to be in the Julia Roberts/Sandra Bullock lane. Which is not a bad thing. Both those women have oscars and multiple noms. Both are well respected. And a lot of their rom coms are great. But its a genre that requires selling you to the public on an intense level. If Meg Ryan couldn't recover simply for having an affair (when, love him though I do, Dennis Quaid was known for not being the best husband), then Lindsay Lohan probably can't regain that momentum. Add in that she may have permanently messed up her face and ...this business is harsh on women.

I think, also despite her tv guest appearances, she doesn't want to work her way up. She thinks she was up for a lead in the Avengers and her manager screwed it up. She believes that. She is not going to swallow her pride the way Drew Barrymore did, at least not right now.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat May 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Is anyone else wondering if she using this miscarriage as a get-out-of-jail-free card?

I hate to doubt that it even happened, but damn near everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie, and this is the best excuse she could possibly have for bailing on people.  No one will question it, and it plays on peoples' sympathies. Seems like a typical Lindsay thing to do.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Sat May 03, 2014 2:55 pm

I think the miscarriage is a lie and that she realized how bad she came off in filming, so offered that as a desperate attempt to still be viewed as reliable/hire able. Assuming that she really was MIA for two straight weeks b/c of a miscarriage, it doesn't fit with the narrative of her reality show. She was in and out of filming, not disappeared for two weeks. Plus she was smoking non-stop throughout the series.

The connection to the lawsuit is interesting, but I think she just views this as something she can connect to something she already "established." So win-win in her mind.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed May 14, 2014 2:45 am

If anyone is still morbidly curious about The Canyons It's a synergy of Paul Scrader, Bret Easton Ellis and LiLo having lost all their game, paying homage to Shannon Tweed's glory era on Skinemax.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum