Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarah Michelle Gellar

+18
particle_person
Shadowlass
blixie
bbridges
Carrie Ann
Swarley
maxell131313
dionneshea
Putli Bai
ulkis
biakbiak
chick binewski
whatthedeuce
Kiran
Eris Rising
Bad Username
laddical
swsa
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sarah Michelle Gellar - Page 2 Empty Re: Sarah Michelle Gellar

Post  laddical Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:17 am

And that context is...? All I see is SMG being dismissive of another celebrity couple, one that has a lot of name recognition and influence. Granted, I don't particularly care, since I don't like Kim and Kanye, but I still don't get why it's a problem. It's not like Vogue put Honey Boo Boo on the cover.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:52 am

I don't like Kim either, but I love Kanye, and I don't think it's that weird that they're on the cover. But I do think there are people who pretty much equate Kim with Honey Boo Boo, and I think SMG is one of them.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:11 am

Er, what is the relationship between Kim and Honey Boo Boo?
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:07 am

Both reality show stars? "Stars," maybe.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:48 am

Yeah, I actually consider Kardashian to be more or less a grown honeybooboo in terms of her contribution to pop culture. I did a quick google and discovered Vogue had Paris Hilton on a cover, and Paris served the same idiotic reality show niche. SMG should have cancelled her subscription then.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:20 pm

I would consider Kim Kardashian to be exactly Honey Boo Boo, assuming Honey Boo Boo made a sex tape.

Paris Hilton has appeared on the cover of Vogue in other countries, but never on American Vogue.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Shadowlass wrote:I would consider Kim Kardashian to be exactly Honey Boo Boo, assuming Honey Boo Boo made a sex tape.

Paris Hilton has appeared on the cover of Vogue in other countries, but never on American Vogue.

Ah okay, so Wintour used to have an line in the sand about reality brats, until one started dating Kanye.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:03 pm

If she were a nobody with no reality show and somehow ended up dating Kanye (which, I admit, wouldn't happen because Kanye wouldn't stoop), she'd still be getting stuff like this because she'd be Kanye's girlfriend. So... I'm still not seeing how *this* is the straw that breaks a camel's back, or is really deserving of SMG dragging her own rep through the mud to sling some at them.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:35 pm

I think a big reason people have a problem isn't just that she's Kim, but that it's no secret that Kanye begged and ass-kissed and has wanted this since the day he hooked up with Kim. I think people are as disappointed that Wintour "caved" as they are about the actual cover.

But SMG comes off as very sour grapes-y to me here.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Oh, yeah, it would have been better for her to keep quiet. That said, I enjoy having my opinion of the Kardashians validated by someone famous.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:40 am

All she said was she was canceling her subscription? It actually seems pretty benign. She's entitled to not like Kim/Kanye. I find it really bizarre that they are on the cover, in as much as I feel like I've never seen ANY couple on the cover of Vogue, much less when one half the couple is a no talent famewhore, who is only there because her much more famous and talented husband whined really loud and really long.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 am

I actually wouldn't mind a no-talent famewhore on the cover of Vogue if they actually had a good fashion sense. She does not. Even when she looks all right it's just dull or trendy.

I enjoy having my opinion of the Kardashians validated by someone famous.
Hah, me too. I actually can't imagine folks behind the scenes at Vogue were too happy about it, either. (I guess besides Kanye whining, she does sell magazines? Though pissing off your subscriber base for one-issue newsstand sales is not a wise choice. I don't know how many other cancellations there are, but I doubt SMG is alone.)

Maybe this is karmic punishment for everyone who complained when Vogue featured Lena Dunham.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:36 pm

Hah, me too. I actually can't imagine folks behind the scenes at Vogue were too happy about it, either. (I guess besides Kanye whining, she does sell magazines? Though pissing off your subscriber base for one-issue newsstand sales is not a wise choice. I don't know how many other cancellations there are, but I doubt SMG is alone.)

If Vogue's goal was to get press, they certainly succeeded. I have never seen a Vogue cover so many damn times in my life, every time I open an internet window, there it is.

SMG's comment seemed to have spurred a dozen more stories so the cover keeps getting more attention.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2