Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Television Guilty Pleasures

+84
punkysdilemma
Wildog27
particle_person
Snarker
rivki8699
QueenSix
Paris, Texas
jaraga
ulkis
Binky
Cynara
swsa
Algae
Eris Rising
bbridges
jensa
Never Enough
ActonBell
PrincessCleo
Bad Username
Carrie Ann
Luciano
choubetcha
laddical
NewYorkStranger
easybreezy
Mulva
sunni94
mialoubug
big chicken
oxymoron
Raksha
MaddyCat
mrinsouciance
The Dude
Case
sen3
Crowbridge
nikita
Red Wolf
RiverThames
xyzzy
Poubelle
BrightEyes
MtOlivePickles
Jessica
punzy
Auroura76
Esseilte
midnight radio
killershrew
Francie Nolan
Putli Bai
Instant Monkeys
maxell131313
TiffanyNichelle
Crackie
inversed
molliewollie
MLIS
mokey75
truecrystal
Gillian
CherryFlame
pinguerin
jcpdiesel21
roly
Unlucky Bear
Kiran
Raised by wolves
caltrask55
Escape
Gallifrey Girl
Swarley
Salieri
Gilraen
whatthedeuce
Agent_Squeaks
Jasmine
puddingcup
biakbiak
Tabby
blixie
Miss Moneypenny
88 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Television Guilty Pleasures - Page 10 Empty Re: Television Guilty Pleasures

Post  ulkis Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:11 pm

lol the Soup last night gathered a bunch of reality stars and had them sing a song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWRgvC2l9Tc&list=UUVE1EdYgcjohWlJa9taqBeA&index=3

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  jaraga Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 am

I'm looking forward to the return of Beauty and the Beast. It's weirdly compelling viewing even though the beast guy sounds like he's trying to speak through a mouthful of cotton. He also looks like Jared Padalecki.

I'm also looking forward to the return of Revolution but that's more of a hatewatch.

jaraga

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 am

I so loved Good Christian Bitches or Belles or GCB or whatever it was. A shame it suffered the bad publicity of the title and more particularly the wooden leading lady, because absolutely every other element was terrific. It was so funny - there was a chilli hotline and a character called Rip Cockburn. Miriam Shor and Mark Deklin were excellent beyond words, as was the rest of the cast. I even liked Kristin Chenowith. Total shame it was cancelled.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 am

jaraga wrote:I'm looking forward to the return of Beauty and the Beast.

Me too! I find it a very engaging show and that is in no small way down to the chemistry between the leads. Also, I'm not a huge fan of when shows end on a cliffhanger and then go on hiatus for about six weeks. I'm not good with the waiting.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:52 pm

So I may or may not have watched the entire run of MTV's Teen Wolf over the holidays. Ok...I did. And it was awesome.
rivki8699
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Paris, Texas wrote:I so loved Good Christian Bitches or Belles or GCB or whatever it was. A shame it suffered the bad publicity of the title and more particularly the wooden leading lady, because absolutely every other element was terrific. It was so funny - there was a chilli hotline and a character called Rip Cockburn. Miriam Shor and Mark Deklin were excellent beyond words, as was the rest of the cast. I even liked Kristin Chenowith. Total shame it was cancelled.

I loved this show too, and I didn't feel one bit guilty about watching it or admitting it. It was a hoot. It reminded me of some of the goofier days on Desperate Housewives.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 pm

rivki8699 wrote:So I may or may not have watched the entire run of MTV's Teen Wolf over the holidays. Ok...I did. And it was awesome.
Yeah, we caught up on that this summer. It's terrible! In a really delightful way.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 am

Anyone else watch MTV's Awkward? It's so goofy and yet heart-warming. I love every character for one reason or another, and I find Jenna and her relationship dynamics with everyone so relatable, which probably says a lot about me considering I'm 10 years older than the character.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 am

My guilty pleasure was a cartoon on Comedy Network called Ugly Americans. I know I'm not the target demographic, but I found it amusing.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:36 am

Anyone else watch MTV's Awkward?
I do, I love it, and I'm in my 40s. ITA with everything you said. There was an overnight marathon of S2 this weekend and I DVRed it so I can go back and mainline it before S3 starts.

PS - For two years now, one of the zillion Christmas car commercials is one where a guy goes home to visit his parents and they drive off in his car leaving him staring wistfully out the window. The guy is Jenna's dad!

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Francie Nolan Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 pm

I'm off from work today and I got to catch the last half hour of Rita Wilson's magnum opus, Invisible Child. My God, it is a masterpiece. Of the many highlights (Rita Wilson frolicking on the lawn with her invisible daughter, stranger confusion in a public restroom when mom ushers her invisible daughter into a stall, actual daughter comparing her mother's belief in her invisible daughter to MLK's dream) I think my absolute favorite is...I guess I should spoiler this?

Spoiler:

Francie Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Anyone else looking forward to the Puppy Bowl? Animal Planet has posted the starting lineup. Sally, the dachshund/bassett hound mix, is so adorable you can hardly stand it. They're adding hedgehogs to the sidelines this year. I think they'll continue to have the hamsters and the birds. Also, kitten half-time!

I've gotten sucked into Say Yes to the Dress again. I'm so embarrassed that I watch that silly show, I dislike everything about the bridal-industrial complex, but I'm still sitting there in front of the tv every Friday night. I did manage to stay away while they were showing the execrable Atlanta shows, both brides and bridesmaids versions. Monty is awful, and I kept getting creeped out by the parade of 20-year-old brides.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Puppies!! I look forward to the Puppy Bowl every year. Fitz is so stinkin' cute and Shadow reminds me of how my dog looked as a puppy.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 pm

Raised by wolves wrote:
Anyone else watch MTV's Awkward?
I do, I love it, and I'm in my 40s. ITA with everything you said. There was an overnight marathon of S2 this weekend and I DVRed it so I can go back and mainline it before S3 starts.

PS - For two years now, one of the zillion Christmas car commercials is one where a guy goes home to visit his parents and they drive off in his car leaving him staring wistfully out the window. The guy is Jenna's dad!
So glad someone else here watches it. Everyone's nuts about Teen Wolf now, but I can't get myself to try it. Nothing about it appeals to me. Awkward is totally my jam though. It makes me laugh even when I'm cringing for the characters in second-hand embarrassment. Dude, when I saw that commercial this year, I had to go Google who the actor in the ad was because his face was so familiar, and then it hit me that it was Mr. Hamilton!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:35 am

Francie Nolan wrote:I'm off from work today and I got to catch the last half hour of Rita Wilson's magnum opus, Invisible Child. My God, it is a masterpiece. Of the many highlights (Rita Wilson frolicking on the lawn with her invisible daughter, stranger confusion in a public restroom when mom ushers her invisible daughter into a stall, actual daughter comparing her mother's belief in her invisible daughter to MLK's dream) I think my absolute favorite is...I guess I should spoiler this?

Spoiler:
No! Was that on TV today?! I have been dying to see it ever since someone mentioned it on one of the previous versions of Snarkfest. When I finally caved and got Netflix, I put it in my DVD queue, only to have it bump down to availability unknown a couple of weeks later. SO SAD. I will see this movie one day. I will. I swear it.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed May 15, 2013 5:14 am

This works as a topic thread for what I have to bring you.

So I watch Kitchen Nightmares. Yes, I know that much of it is set up. Yes, I understand that they bring in their own "customers" to complain about the food at first, and to compliment it when Ramsey does his makeover.

But none of that explains what went down on Friday with Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale, AZ. The owners are married. The husband works in the front, snapping at the staff and keeping their tips. The wife works in back, cooking mediocre food and firing the servers when they ask her questions. They have a historic feud against Yelp and other online review sites. Ramsey was called to rescue them. He came in, observed what was going on....

And gave up entirely.

And that's not the best part.

After he left and the show aired, this happened online.

It is GLORIOUS.

I must discuss this with you all.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 15, 2013 9:50 am

My sis watches Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta, and sometimes I stomach it for a few minutes along with her. It all seems so fake that it annoys me, esp the crap with Stevie J. Lil Scrappy and Erica do kinda amuse me though. And Scrappy's crazy mom says some priceless shit. It's scary how seriously she takes her son's Prince of the South persona.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Wed May 15, 2013 10:57 am

After he left and the show aired, this happened online.

It is GLORIOUS.

I must discuss this with you all.
I don't watch the show, despite it's being on BBC America constantly, but I feel like I should try to catch a rebroadcast of this episode. I'd like to see for myself the whackjobs responsible for this piece of epic lunacy.

My favorite part was when the woman was internet-shrieking about being a great mom, and then saying she'd have a HUMAN KID some day. I went "huh?" then poked around and found out she was originally talking about her cats. Oh, and "I AM NOT A WITCH. I AM GODS CHILD" was pretty wonderful, too.

ETA: Evidently, the photos on their Facebook page are all lifted (uncredited) from other websites. It seems to be a game for people to find the source. Hee.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Wed May 15, 2013 11:05 am

They later claim that their pages were hacked, and they're working with local police and the FBI to figure out what happened. They are CRAZY. There's an article from one of the AZ newspapers from back when this initially was filmed, and they interviewed someone who was at the taping. He said the producers told him they'd never seen anything like this, and the PRODUCERS ended up covering what there was of their tab, because he and his friends waited 3 hours for pizza, and CrazyAmy threatend to call the police if he didn't pay for their drinks when they gave up and left.

I haven't watched that show ever since I had a Yelp battle of my own with one of the owners who appeared on the show (this was like 2 years ago now), but I may have to watch some of this online.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed May 15, 2013 12:55 pm

If you sold a grilled cheese named "Amy and Samy's Meltdown" it would be epic.

Yes, random Facebook commenter, it would be.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed May 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Given that the recipe for Kitchen Nightmares is the intersection of Professionalism Failure and Attention Whore, something like this was bound to happen sooner or later.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Wed May 15, 2013 1:24 pm

mokey75 wrote:They later claim that their pages were hacked, and they're working with local police and the FBI to figure out what happened.
I find it pretty hard to believe that a hacker could invent some of the things they said, with the religiosity and all. If you don't have that mindset, it's pretty hard to replicate. (Similar to the way it's hard for a literate person to write convincingly like an semi-literate one — you have to abandon a lifetime of habits.)
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Wed May 15, 2013 2:41 pm

RiverThames wrote:Given that the recipe for Kitchen Nightmares is the intersection of Professionalism Failure and Attention Whore, something like this was bound to happen sooner or later.

That's the saddest Venn diagram ever.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed May 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Wow, obviously all of the Internet everywhere was hacked. That explains it all in one little package!
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next