Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Television Guilty Pleasures

+84
punkysdilemma
Wildog27
particle_person
Snarker
rivki8699
QueenSix
Paris, Texas
jaraga
ulkis
Binky
Cynara
swsa
Algae
Eris Rising
bbridges
jensa
Never Enough
ActonBell
PrincessCleo
Bad Username
Carrie Ann
Luciano
choubetcha
laddical
NewYorkStranger
easybreezy
Mulva
sunni94
mialoubug
big chicken
oxymoron
Raksha
MaddyCat
mrinsouciance
The Dude
Case
sen3
Crowbridge
nikita
Red Wolf
RiverThames
xyzzy
Poubelle
BrightEyes
MtOlivePickles
Jessica
punzy
Auroura76
Esseilte
midnight radio
killershrew
Francie Nolan
Putli Bai
Instant Monkeys
maxell131313
TiffanyNichelle
Crackie
inversed
molliewollie
MLIS
mokey75
truecrystal
Gillian
CherryFlame
pinguerin
jcpdiesel21
roly
Unlucky Bear
Kiran
Raised by wolves
caltrask55
Escape
Gallifrey Girl
Swarley
Salieri
Gilraen
whatthedeuce
Agent_Squeaks
Jasmine
puddingcup
biakbiak
Tabby
blixie
Miss Moneypenny
88 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Television Guilty Pleasures - Page 3 Empty Re: Television Guilty Pleasures

Post  Tabby Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:00 pm

But the one thing I really miss is watching the National Dog Show with my mom on Thanksgiving morning and rooting against the poodles.
I'm generally Team Any Breed But Poodle, too. I keep telling myself that poodles are actually wonderful dogs and very smart, and the haircut is TOTALLY NOT THEIR FAULT, but I just can't bear seeing them win so much in their groups. And that haircut is ridiculous, I don't care how many explanations we hear about how the "puffs" keep the dogs' joints warm when they're out in the field. No self-respecting field dog is going hunting like that on its own volition.

ANYway. It appears I have some issues.

I would love to see a corgi win.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 pm

My family is Team Papillon.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Team West Highland White Terrier! (They also never win.)
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:18 pm

Oh, I have so many horses (heh) in this race. I root for: Pomeranians (ridiculous and delightful smiley moving balls of round fluff), Bernese mountain dogs (I just love them), Keeshonds (the dog I decided I would one day have when I was 10 or so), pugs (they're pugs!), Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (my parents have one), Labs (ditto), Aussies (so cute and sweet), anything resembling a pit bull (underdogs, so to speak), Norwich terriers (God loves a terrier!), Belgian tervurens (I used to know someone who bred them), Pekingeses (even more ridiculous-looking than Pomeranians), Finnish Lapphunds (you don't see them very often but they are so cute), anything super gigantic like a mastiff (except for Borzois, those creep me out with their tiny-ass heads)...man, I love dogs. Why don't I have a dog? Stupid third-floor condo.

I also tend to root against poodles, even though I'm sure they're nice dogs. They just win every friggin' time and they are so boring-looking to me. I can't get behind the haircut either. Though standard poodles with normal haircuts give me uncanny-valley feelings something fierce. I don't know why -- I think the leg proportions must be very similar to human arms or something. They remind me of Wheelers.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Awww, I used to have a Borzoi mix - one of the more sweetly stupid creatures to ever walk the face of the earth.

Of course I'm Team Border Collie, but only in secret, because a true fan of the breed has to be appalled by the "Barbie Collies" you see at dog shows. If you want to start a rumble, go to a herding competition and mention the AKC breed standards.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 pm

I also like seeing the weird new breeds showing for the first time, the Shiba Inus (I want one), and the really big dogs. We saw a Leonburger in the wild once and I swore that dog was bigger than most people I know.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Francie Nolan Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Of course I'm Team Border Collie, but only in secret, because a true fan of the breed has to be appalled by the "Barbie Collies" you see at dog shows. If you want to start a rumble, go to a herding competition and mention the AKC breed standards.

Team Bearded Collie here--I have a big hairy goof of a Beardie of my own. Heh, I always laugh when I see the perfectly white and non-matted Beardies at dog shows. My guy's white feet are frequently gray, because his favorite thing ever is to lie in dirt, especially when it's raining. Or blizzarding.

Last edited by Francie Nolan on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Francie Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:06 am

I really only root against the poodle because they ALWAYS win. And our neighbors growing up bred them and for whatever reason they were really unpleasant dogs. (I have met some lovely poodles since then.) I also try to root against the dogs whose breed standards have become harmful to the dog (German shepherds, English bulldogs), though I know that at least the Westminster Kennel Club has been working to change that. Other than that, I like to root for the big, rare breeds. And huskies. I used to have a really good eye for picking the group winners, or at least the shortlists, but since I've stopped watching so many dog shows (remember when Animal Planet would have them on like every week?) my skillz have waned.

/dog nerd

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:34 pm

I like it when cute, happy-looking dogs win. It seems like the judges always go for the weird-looking uggos.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:23 pm

Can Mob Wives hurry up and return for its second season already? I need Carla's blasé attitude and Renee's crying jags back in my life, dude! (Though I do always feel really horrible when Renee speaks to her therapist. That woman's got a LOT of pain inside of her.)

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:19 pm

I watch all sorts of TV without shame, but until now nobody apart from my husband knew that one of my favorite shows is Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team. I feel a little better now for admitting that.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:08 pm

I've admitted to watching Mob Wives (back on New Year's Day!!!!!!) and Dance Moms, my dear. There will be no judging from my corner of shame.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  midnight radio Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:20 pm

killershrew wrote:I watch all sorts of TV without shame, but until now nobody apart from my husband knew that one of my favorite shows is Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team. I feel a little better now for admitting that.

I've only seen it one time; I was flipping through channels in a motel and happened to catch a moment of the show--but my channel surfing stopped immediately, and I had to watch the rest of it. And even if that hadn't been the case, I'm the same person who got addicted to watching Wife Swap at the gym, so I ain't judging.

midnight radio

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:42 pm

I not only watched 'Dance Moms', but I chain-watched the entire series in two days. Now that's shame.

Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:12 pm

killershrew wrote:I watch all sorts of TV without shame, but until now nobody apart from my husband knew that one of my favorite shows is Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team. I feel a little better now for admitting that.

How many seasons has this been on? Because I'm pretty sure I've seen all of them save the latest one. So, I'm with you killershrew! And I hate competitive reality TV! This show is just so OTP and ridiculous, I find it delicious.

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:52 pm

I know one of the women on the upcoming season of the Bachelor. Which means I have to watch it, but does not really explain the glee I feel about it.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:22 am

OMG! That is awesome, punzy! I wonder if she'll shock you or live up to any weird notions you may already have of her.

Weirdly, there was some MTV dating show (can't remember the title anymore) years ago, and I saw not one, but TWO people I knew on a single ep. One was a very bizarre former roommate of mine while the other was a very bizarre former classmate of my younger sister's.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:38 pm

I watch all sorts of TV without shame, but until now nobody apart from my husband knew that one of my favorite shows is Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team. I feel a little better now for admitting that.

OMG I LOVE THAT SHOW. Seriously. I'm really glad sweet little Mackenzie managed to fix her kicks.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:OMG! That is awesome, punzy! I wonder if she'll shock you or live up to any weird notions you may already have of her.

Weirdly, there was some MTV dating show (can't remember the title anymore) years ago, and I saw not one, but TWO people I knew on a single ep. One was a very bizarre former roommate of mine while the other was a very bizarre former classmate of my younger sister's.

Was it called Dismissed? I think I remember that coming on after TRL, or at least in the afternoons.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:12 am

Yeah, I think that might have been it! That was the show where 5 guys or girls sit in a room and get sent out one by one on a date, right? And then if one contestant gets rejected, the next person gets to go on the date while everyone stuck in the holding room watches the latest date on-camera? I think that's how it worked.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:45 pm

No, Dismissed is the one where you're on a date with two people at the same time, and you have to DISMISS one of them. Fun fact: I once had a job writing voiceover for Dismissed. It was EXTREMELY pun-y.

That other one is...shoot, what WAS that called?
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:55 pm

Was is called NEXT?

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Yes. And Jessica, I'm disappointed you didn't have a job writing for NEXT, because then you could have been responsible for this.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:05 pm

DUDE.I am also sad I didn't get to write that. Mostly I got to write puns about people having to go in hot tubs, and had to figure out how to rhyme things with -- you guessed it -- "dismissed." I was not particularly good at that job...
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:33 am

Pissed, pissed, pissed, pissed and.....that's all I got. So I guess I couldn't have written for either show.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next