Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Wolf

+8
Raksha
rivki8699
Cynara
Corvus
vwlphb
Fiammetta
Raised by wolves
Lily Rose
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Teen Wolf  - Page 4 Empty Re: Teen Wolf

Post  Lily Rose Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:27 am

The hashtags ARE the worst. Not as bad as that bandage vomit, though. JFC I could not watch. I have a vomit fear anyway, but that was a whole other level of NOPE NOPE NOPE.

I kind of ship everyone with everyone on this show? Because I like them all? Even Peter, who is indelibly awful and has a gross rapey vibe with Lydia. Stiles and Lydia, Stiles and Malia, Allison and Lydia, Allison and Kira, Allison and Isaac, Scott and Kira, Scott and Allison, Scott and Lydia (I love that she's always like "Wolf it up!" because he forgets and then she gives him that absurdly proud look), Scott and...everyone. Especially Isaac, but it won't happen on-screen, boo. Ok, I don't ship Allison and Stiles, but I think that might be it. Oh, and Sterek. I don't ship Sterek at all.

Spoiler:

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:45 am

Yeah, the Scott/Lydia thing makes sense to me because she and Scott are sort of both self-actualized in certain ways that some of the other characters aren't. These days, Scott just seems so much more mature than basically everyone else. And Lydia is so smart and perceptive and confident, she often seems years older than the others. I love their mutual admiration and concern for each other. I'm way into it, basically, even though I don't think it will ever happen.

And the Sterek thing mystifies me too. Aside from some slash cliche boxes that pairing ticks, I just see no chemistry between those actors, aside from a comedic one (and their early interactions were basically all abusive or cruel on Derek's side).
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:57 am

Well, shit.

major spoilers for character death:

But this show continues to hit it out of the park, one episode after another.  How did freaking Teen Wolf become one of my favorite things on TV???
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:18 am

I am so sad. I didn't want anyone to die, but especially not
Spoiler:
Ugh. I don't know if I care about what happens in the finale now. I'm that upset.

Can we all agree that Deputy Parrish is up to something, though? He was "drawn back" to Beacon Hills...just about the time the Nematon stuff happened. Hope he doesn't turn out evil, I like him.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:58 am

Well that sucked.  I'm sorry that actor left the show but it was their choice so I guess they're not too disappointed about it.  
Spoiler:

And yeah, Deputy Shadypants is definitely up to something.  I'm excited to find out whether he's a good guy or a bad guy next season.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:38 am

Crap.
Spoiler:
And yeah, Lily Rose, I've definitely thought something was up with that guy from the first time they showed him. Too pretty, too many lines for someone who didn't matter.
Spoiler:
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Spoiler:
rivki8699
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Carrie Ann wrote:Crap.
Spoiler:
And yeah, Lily Rose, I've definitely thought something was up with that guy from the first time they showed him. Too pretty, too many lines for someone who didn't matter.
Spoiler:
I would love it if Parrish turned out to be
speculations!:

I'm still sad about last night, you guys. I thought I would walk it off today and it just keeps coming back to me. I am seriously going to miss
Spoiler:

I have a sad.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:53 pm

Parish is totally
speculation not spoiler:

Malia is just such a non-entity though. I mean, she's a coyote for an ep, and then in one other episode as a person who makes no sense (generally people who live in the woods without human contact for more than half their lives aren't socially capable, beautifully groomed snarksters - why isn't she feral?). Is she coming back? Also, Malia, Talia, Lydia, should we be on the look out for a new character named Nora next season, to go with Cora and Laura?
rivki8699
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:16 pm

Nah, it'll be Kara to match Cora and Kira.

I saw a lot of potential in Malia (well, in Shelley Hennig) in the asylum ep. Like, I felt more real chemistry between her and Dylan O'Brien in those few scenes than I have with Lydia and Stiles in the whole series. And I like them! But something just felt more organic between Stiles and Malia. So that's part of why I'm interested in seeing more of her.

With Kira, I just feel like it's been more tell than show. Literally. Because all of her scenes end up being exposition from someone about kitsune crap. And with Scott, I mean
Spoiler:
Like, it's sweet but not for the long-term. And I just don't buy her as a badass. I can see her acting, every moment.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:11 pm

I love Kira, but yeah, she's totally not a badass. She's adorable and sweet and dorky, but she's more like "look backflips, I'm like a superhero!" and not "you are already on the ground because you did not see me coming." Which I'm fine with, I find her entertaining, and I'm a huge fan of characters who don't feel like they're cursed because they have powers (cursed with awesome, in TVtropes speak).
Spoiler:

I honestly couldn't watch the Malia/Stiles stuff, it just struck me as really non-con - I couldn't tell if it was Stiles or the Nogitsune orchestrating things, and between her background and having just told him she resents him for turning her human and him being on both amphetamines and sedatives and dealing with possession I was just like....no. I'd really love Stiles to get together with Danny actually. I think that'd be awesome.
rivki8699
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Carrie Ann wrote:I can see her acting, every moment.
YES. That is it, that is the thing that bothers me. I mean, maybe she'll get better with time, but right now, there's something exaggerated about her performance that is off-putting to me. And the writing/exposition does not help with that, because most of the time it forces her to just stand still with wide eyes or react to Shocking Secrets. I liked the scene with her at Scott's house when they crawled in bed together, it felt more organic, but I don't really feel any sexual tension between them. It's like he's on the verge of being a man in control of his life and directing others in his pack and she's a puppy who just woke up. He's in a sort of caretaker position with her that they tried to mitigate by making her a magical badass with the sword, but it didn't work for me.

I was also really hopeful about Shelley Hennig, because I enjoyed her a lot on Secret Circle, but I had REAL problems with the whole asylum/Stiles hook-up story line. It's tainting my anticipation of her future stories, if she is in fact Peter's kid. Which...they have no evidence it's her. They just sort of look alike? I mean, they don't even know when this kid was supposedly born, right? Unless the weird whisper banshee voices spelled it out for Lydia but not the viewers, which is dumb.

The other banshee from the asylum from last night will be returning next season, apparently. I hope she keeps awkwardly hitting on Isaac so he can look confused and pretty.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:53 pm

You're right that the hookup scene was gross from an ethical standpoint, and also from the standpoint of BASIC HYGIENE. So filthy down there, ugh! But I still felt chemistry between the actors, and I've overlooked worse stuff from this show. (Like, forgiving Derek for all of his everything from the first two seasons.)

As far as Malia being Peter's daughter, I thought that's exactly what happened with weird whisper banshees. I thought they told/showed Lydia about Malia when Peter was trying to figure out his sister's secret or whatever. Honestly, as I've said before on this thread, my brain mostly refuses to commit anything on this show to memory, so I never really know what's going on and also never know whether that's my fault or the show's fault.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:26 pm

About Deputy Shadypants:
Spoiler:

I totally get what y'all are saying about Kira being like a puppy who just woke up (excellent description of her, btw), but that's what I like about her actually.  She's shy and awkward, but now that she's discovering what she is and has been tossed right into the deep end of Supernatural Drama, not only is she not losing her shit and falling apart, but she's excited and kind of lighting up.  I find that really charming and appealing.  I'm okay with her not being a total badass (she'll get there, I'm sure).

Also, I didn't have a problem with Malia and Stiles hooking up. I though right before that happened, he asked her to look at the black veins to make sure they were still there from that injection Bianca Lawson's character (why can I never remember her name??) gave him. She said they were still there, which means the Nogitsune was suppressed and Stiles was in control and it was only when Malia's life was being threatened did Stiles choose to let the Nogitsune back in control so he could save her. Although, yes, from a sanitation standpoint, that couch did make me wince a bit.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:56 pm

I've only ever seen about three episodes of this show including this week's, so I would just like to state that I am totally willing to help Allison's dad through his pain. You know, whatever it takes.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Season finale tonight. I'm fully expecting Isaac and the twins to die. I hope Isaac doesn't, but I'm prepared for it. And then Scott will have no werewolves in his werewolf pack, unless Derek counts, and I don't think he does.

After last week, a lot of the joy of this show vanished for me, honestly.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:44 pm

D-d-d-d-ouble postin'.

So I was half right - one of the twins died, the other is gone. But Isaac lived! BUT. Daniel Sharman is not returning for season 4. He wanted to leave the door open to return, though, so that's... something. Not a great something, but ok.

I found the finale underwhelming. There was very little chance Stiles would actually die, so I wasn't worried there. And I don't really like Kate, so I was very "ehhhhh" on the final reveal. I think I might be done with this show, as much as I love Posey and O'Brien.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Yeah, this was a tough end of the season. Kate is one of my least-favorite TV characters of the last five years. Not like love-to-hate; like get off my television screen I can't stand you or your voice or your acting. Turning off the recording before she pops up for that after-show is one of my great talents. So having her return is like the worst possible trade for all the people we lost. I would take any other character back before her. More Nogitsune, that's fine! More crazy Jennifer whatever she was, no problem! The Demon Wolf! Even the werewolf lady with the toenails! Any. All.

Also, I mean, Daniel Sharman wanted to leave but also to be able to come back if possible, so he asked not to be killed off and they gave that to him. I wonder if Crystal Reed would have been open to coming back? Why couldn't Allison have been the one to leave town and Isaac the one to die? It just feels even more like fridging now.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Crystal apparently felt like there was no way Allison would have left town, and she and Jeff decided she had to die. Not sure how much of that I believe and how much is spin, but that's what I heard.

I'm just kind of irritated that Scott's pack now consists of him, two humans, a kitsune (maybe?), and a werecoyote (maybe?). It's unclear if Kira and Malia are actually in his pack, I guess. I mean, shouldn't there be some werewolves on a show called Teen Wolf?

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:11 pm

Why isn't Derek in his pack? He is, basically, right? But yeah, at most, it's two werewolves and a werecoyote (maybe), a banshee, a human, and a kitsune (maybe). I think they're defining "pack" differently, so I think Malia and Kira are in. Malia is really the only bright spot of the finale for me, because I do like her a lot and see more potential in her as a character and an actress than I see in Kira, as I said previously.

ALSO back to Kate Argent: she has to be the villain and she can't be in the pack. Period. And Derek needs a love interest, but not her please.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:09 pm

I think of Derek as outside Scott's pack for some reason, despite the fact that he's Scott's most devoted cheerleader. I guess because it's because he used to be an Alpha? I guess it's not that clear.

And I totally forgot that Lydia's not entirely human, which shows how much she was in the background for the last ep. I though they would do more with her since Allison was her best friend.

I am excited about Malia, but only because of Shelley Hennig. And Kate really cannot cannot cannot be Derek's love interest again, no. No way.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:11 pm

Wait, Daniel Sharman isn't coming back next season either?  For fuck's sake.  This show really needs to lock its actors down with better contracts!  Like, how many characters now have been introduced with a lot of potential that never got realized because the actors wandered off to do other things?  

I'm still looking forward to next season, even though I didn't like Kate at all either.  Maybe this new "possibly undead(?) werewolf" angle will make her suck less.  I still love all the main characters we have left and I'm super excited to see more of Malia and Kira.  

Very much looking forward to June!

ETA: Also, is that "extra fingers in dreams" thing an actual belief? Because I've never had extra fingers in my dreams. Not the ones I remember, anyway.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:41 pm

One week until the new season starts. They've been doing a lot of interviews and promos and are saying that this season is a lot lighter, funnier, and a return to more of season one Teen Wolf. Honestly, I'm still really, really upset about Allison, and if they just...pretend she didn't happen, I'm done.

On a less crazy eyed fan level, here's the new opening credits: here's the new opening credits. Shelley Henning and Arden Cho are now regular cast members. Happy about Shelley, really not so much about Arden.

ETA: Oh, and Daniel is so not coming back to the show, he was cast on The Originals next season. Fucking boo.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:16 am

Oh my Gods, I love Malia so much! "I wouldn't leave you. I would never leave without you. [beat] Them I would leave." Heeee! I was really glad to see that she's not automatically fitting in with human society again.

About the story itself: I have no idea what's going on, but I love it!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum