Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleepy Hollow

+48
Crackie
Putli Bai
pinguerin
Instant Monkeys
Grainne Mhaol
Shadowlass
Genevieve
formerlyrandom
Heather
Cynara
GoodbyeWithWords
MtOlivePickles
gannetguts
punzy
PrincessCleo
shanndee
Muggsy
SNeaker
Coneycat
ichabotcrane
Miss Moneypenny
big chicken
Carrie Ann
Corvus
jennlynnster
rivki8699
Agent Sculder
chibimanda
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Snarker
dionneshea
Raised by wolves
Shalamar
QueenSix
RiverThames
bookworm
TiffanyNichelle
blixie
sagitare
naughty zoot
laddical
Kiran
ActonBell
jensa
particle_person
Gallifrey Girl
dreago
52 posters

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down

Sleepy Hollow - Page 11 Empty Re: Sleepy Hollow

Post  Gallifrey Girl Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Oh wow, that's better than I thought! Thanks! Yeah, the wait will be long, but it's the same as with the other short seasons on True Blood, Dexter etc, and I survive those. I'll miss it though!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:38 am

I am merely meh on Katrina because of the writing and pacing so it's not Katrina hate talking but these last few episodes have bored the shit out of me. I want Ichabod and Abbie to be having fun fighting crazy fucked up make no sense crimes mixed with random messed up history. These Ichabod heavy mythology building episodes just leave me cold and not even that interested in watching the next two episodes much less tuning in for next season.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:01 pm

We did all note that Crane, Jr is in still in the box waiting for Dad to dig him up, right? Just like Delphine LaLaurie. The witches were very specific: they "stopped his heart." They didn't say they killed him, Crane said that and they didn't correct him.

Perhaps I'm overthinking.

Note to Katrina: Good thing you got out of that organization when you did, the dental plan is terrible.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:17 pm

I loved the "awful intercourse" would lead to a second date exchange.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Corvus wrote:We did all note that Crane, Jr is in still in the box waiting for Dad to dig him up, right? Just like Delphine LaLaurie. The witches were very specific: they "stopped his heart." They didn't say they killed him, Crane said that and they didn't correct him.

Perhaps I'm overthinking.

No, I think you're spot on.  The terms used seemed too specific to not be giving themselves a doorway to bring Crane Jr into the present.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:58 pm

I fully expect Jr. to end up a Molloch minion once he's dug up so Icabod has more angst to deal with.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:53 pm

I really hope that letting go of Jeremy means that we're done with Ichabod's manpain and can return to the scheduled adventures of our dymanic duo, kicking demon ass and forestalling the Apocalypse.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:49 pm

This is probably stupid, but it bothered me that he was named Jeremy and not Jeremiah. I don't think people used Jeremy as a first name in its own right until last century. I could be wrong! But it seemed off to me.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:11 am

particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:47 am

All right, you win this round, with your "facts."
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:05 am

I wasn't sure either, but I love researching random things.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:53 pm

Well, I am 1.5 episodes into this and totally hooked. People from the past time-traveling into the present and being amazed at the ways of modern times IS MY FAVORITE. As is creepy apocalypse stuff. Plus the two leads are delightful.

Me in the first five minutes:

"Clancy Brown! :D"

"Clancy Brown! D:"
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:38 pm

One of us! One of us!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Wait, OK...episode 3...I get this is the premise we're on our way to establishing, but...episode 3 and everyone just accepts that the time-traveling weird guy (who's still wearing his old-timey clothes) is now part of a random police investigation? He just asks if he can see the body and the medical examiner is like "sure, crazy time-traveling guy, of course, for professional reasons, go right ahead." Did he drive there? Does he have a badge?

I mean, I can live with it. Hee.

I hate snow, but I do enjoy not having to go to work and being able to watch TV all day instead. Especially when it's a windchill of -11F out there right now. Yikes.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:57 pm

He is a history professor, that is all the credentials you need! Right? It is totally normal for rando professors to wander onto crime scenes to help the police.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  pinguerin Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:01 pm

I'm a professor and I show up at crime scenes all the time! No, wait, I don't. But now I'm tempted to try. Maybe it only works if I dress in 18th century garb.

pinguerin

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:Wait, OK...episode 3...I get this is the premise we're on our way to establishing, but...episode 3 and everyone just accepts that the time-traveling weird guy (who's still wearing his old-timey clothes) is now part of a random police investigation? He just asks if he can see the body and the medical examiner is like "sure, crazy time-traveling guy, of course, for professional reasons, go right ahead."
That's the beauty of the show right there: the writers/powers that be know they're starting with a fairly ridiculous premise, so instead of wasting time trying to justify or explain things, they embrace all of the crazy and just go for it. That's a huge part of the reason why the show works (the rest being the terrific cast). It's kind of like walking a tightrope: if you thought about what you're doing, or looked down, you'd be lost. Best to just keep looking forward and keep moving.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:24 pm

The way I read it, once Captain Irving gives the OK for him to be around, everyone else just shrugs and goes with it. I don't think they believe he's a time traveling whatever; I just think they think he must have some expertise.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:12 pm

The funny thing is - it took me a few seasons to get into Castle, because I could not buy the logic that a writer was allowed to be that involved with police cases, interrogations, etc. But give me a time-travelling, back from the dead British Revolutionary solider, and hey, I'm in.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:50 pm

"How dare you ask me about some old Native American legend about a murderous dream-spirit? Do I look like a shaman to you? I run a used car lot. What, do you think I have some mystical Native American cave full of shaman potions just at the ready for some hokey spiritual journey? Beat it!" [five seconds later] "FIIIIIINNNNEEE, come with me to my mystical cave full of shaman potions that I already have mixed in advance so I can guide you on your magical spiritual dream journey to fight an ancient Native American dream-spirit."

I think that was my favorite so far. Hee hee. Also the Roanoake stuff was awesome. I love stuff like that. But...Middle English? Which really sounded more like they were going for Anglo-Saxon, but mixed with fake German with an occasional Frenchy-sounding word thrown in?

OH, my other favorite thing, which I think sums up the show basically, was when Abbie stole the ambulance with Crane and the kid in it, and one of the ambulance driver guys did this hilarious gesture where he just sort of threw up his hands in mild exasperation. She just not only stole an ambulance from the CDC, but one that was transporting two victims of a super-contagious and mysterious disease, which if not contained could almost instantly decimate the entire population, and you guys are like "Rats! I have a case of the Mondays all right. Let's go get a beer, I think we've earned it."

I'm making fun out of affection. I am INTO this show. I like how there is very little dicking around. They just GET TO IT. Also I didn't mention before but that demon that attacked John Cho through the mirror was AAAWWWEESSOOOOOOME (and that neck thing was super duper gross). That herky-jerky horror-movie thing always works on me, and it was just the right amount of blurry, and then the startle moment. Good show.

ETA: JOHN NOBLE I MISSED YOOOOOUUUUUUUU.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:Also I didn't mention before but that demon that attacked John Cho through the mirror was AAAWWWEESSOOOOOOME (and that neck thing was super duper gross). That herky-jerky horror-movie thing always works on me, and it was just the right amount of blurry, and then the startle moment. Good show.
I tell you what, they are spending their special effects budget very wisely and very well. That logical silliness of the show is more than offset by moments like that, which are genuinely creepy and really well done. That bit in particular is a favourite of mine, too!
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:44 am

Skinny jeans! And yay! for getting him back in his own clothes.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Apart from the silliness about the date written in the bible (newsflash, Ichabod and Abbie, Washington could've written that date BEFORE he died), this was a terrific episode. Ichabod's expression when Abbie's butt was pressed against his face was priceless.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:30 pm

That was a pretty bad visual effect, too. But yeah, I had the same thought -- dudes, he could've written that date anytime he wanted. Look, I can write "January 16, 2134" right now. HOW DID I DO IT?!?!?!?!?!?

But I love the show anyway. We are in a place right now where it gets passes from me on things like that.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:55 pm

From Ausiello's column over at TV Line:

Question: On Sleepy Hollow, I didn’t understand why Abbie and Ichabod automatically assumed that George Washington had written in his Bible after his death. Did I miss something? –Andy

Ausiello: TVLine put that exact question to Ichabod himself, Tom Mison, who had this answer: “This is Sleepy Hollow, and it’s in hidden ink, in Washington’s Bible that was buried with Ichabod. My spoiler is: Yes, something weird is going on.” (Now imagine that in Crane’s clipped accent, and you’ll feel exactly as stupid as we did when he schooled us.)

A bit of dialogue that said basically this would have helped because yeah, in the episode it is a silly moment where you think, "Dude, he could have written that any time."
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum