Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee

+58
QueenSix
Author By Night
punzy
particle_person
sunni94
KaveDweller
ActonBell
Heather
skittlebox
jensa
Binky
Case
Escape
MaddyCat
Ji Xiang
Renny Sue
blixie
Muggsy
Never Enough
Unlucky Bear
Shalamar
jstilwe
choubetcha
Wilhelmina
VodouDoll
dday515
katesti
Raised by wolves
Scarlettfish
Shadowlass
Corvus
punkysdilemma
Snarryfan
naughty zoot
Caramel Coffee
pizzagirl20
Eris Rising
mrinsouciance
TiffanyNichelle
laurelin_kit
Gillian
curryalley
mialoubug
MLIS
Swarley
Instant Monkeys
Esseilte
Ceci
Poubelle
caltrask55
eventide82
RiverThames
MichiSichi
SNeaker
dionneshea
epudom
Kiran
queenofdenile
62 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Glee       - Page 9 Empty Re: Glee

Post  queenofdenile Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 pm

And anyway, I did not for one moment believe there would be a single Warbler still living after they threw something in Santana's face.

She's biding her time. One day, when they least expect it... *stabs squeaky toy on desk*

I love Naya. If the Kurt-Rachel spinoff is dead in the water, can't the producers fulfill my dream of a Blaine-Santana spinoff? They're so pretty. Kurt can come if he tells more people they smell like Craigslist, and Brittany can come if she learns to enunciate.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:23 pm

I love Naya.
P.P.S. In re Poubelle's mention of cast bloat: Not that it's an excuse for continuing to add bodies (however pretty), but the original idea of the show being a mordant interplay between primarily Rachel and Finn's high school experience and Shuester's disenchantment was quickly overrun by the abundance of serendipitous talent in what were supposed to be minor supporting players. How could they not?
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:35 pm

Scene from next week.

I am looking forward to this only for the fact that Ricky Martin is looking MIGHTY fine in that clip.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Ricky Martin is so hot. So, so hot.

That is all.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:45 pm

VodouDoll wrote:Ricky Martin is so hot. So, so hot.

That is all.
Yes. Yes he is.

Ricky Martin singing "La Isla Bonita"? How did this show see inside my heart?

I loved Santana screwing with Will about his lameass Spanish skills.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:52 am

Will seemed like a reasonably competent Spanish teacher before. But I guess that would've gotten in the way of the plot this week. Oh, Glee. Never change.

I like that they left room for the ex-tooth model to become a recurring character. Make this happen, show. (I mean, what else is Ricky Martin doing these days? Besides guest-starring in everyone's dreams?)
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:25 am

I watched the "La Isla Bonita" number, and I'm genuinely impressed that the show pulled off a song & dance number between a teacher and a student without filling it with creepy subtext. Considering the type of dancing they were doing it would have been easy to dial up the sexy, but it managed to look NOT inappropriate. And even though Santana/Naya is hotter than the sun it was nice to see her do a performance that wasn't all SEXY and HOTNESS for once. A friend of mine described the performance as "sufficiently queered" which made me giggle.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Oh, Glee. Never change.
Heh. Perhaps it should be 'Oh, Glee. Never. Stay. The Same.' (From one week to the next.)

My good will, earned by the not-creepy (perhaps because the song isn't about sex and the dancing was restrained and not allowed to overshadow the singing) was entirely lost with the astounding scene where Shuester discusses sperm donation with Sue in front of a student. Somewhat saved by Santana's disgusted graduation-can't-come-too-soon look. Really, he is ridiculous.

And Sue would have obviously selected Sam as her best choice. Same positive non-genetic qualities, plus better, blonder hair. And motility.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Hee, and THAT is why I long ago gave up on watching full episodes (especially ones with No Darren). The last one I saw all the way through was Mash-Off.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Holy crap, Ricky Martin. When did you get so... caliente? Seriously, I remember teasing one of my girlfriends pretty much non-stop about her overwhelming adoration of Mr. Martin, and after last night, I would be shoving her out of the way to gaze adoringly up at him.

What I liked about Glee last night: the aforementioned Mr. Martin; fabulous sleepovers; Kurt trying to talk sense into Finn; the acknowledgment that Will kind of sucks as a Spanish teacher; Mike Chang dancing; No Blaine!; Nene (whom I hadn't heard of before ANTM in the fall, but whom I actually am enjoying); Puck's golf clap after Will's "performance"; Amber Riley doing a ballad and killing it dead; Mike Chang existing. (My crush on Harry Shum Jr. is getting a little out of control, guys.)

What I didn't like about Glee last night: that Kurt and Mercedes didn't just smack the crap out of Rachel when she told them about her engagement; the Bomboleo shoes; Jenna Ushkowitz being absent and me not even noticing until reading it on LJ; the show never quite deciding if we're supposed to support or despise Will (or at least not doing a good enough job so that we can decide); that Becky's complaint seemingly came out of nowhere (seriously, isn't Sue supposed to be the best - where did that come from?
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Poubelle wrote:Will seemed like a reasonably competent Spanish teacher before. But I guess that would've gotten in the way of the plot this week. Oh, Glee. Never change.

That was what annoyed me the most. The show has never cared about Will as a Spanish teacher before. It was all about what bad or good things he did as their Glee teacher. Hell I almost forgot he taught Spanish because it didn't seem to matter. So for it to matter now was a bit jarring.

Poubelle wrote:
I like that they left room for the ex-tooth model to become a recurring character. Make this happen, show. (I mean, what else is Ricky Martin doing these days? Besides guest-starring in everyone's dreams?)
Hey if we have to have Gwyneth Paltrow showing up all the time then, yes, please bring back Ricky! He seemed so excited to be there and I loved it.

I hate that Mercedes went back to her old man boyfriend who looks like he should be playing her father and not her boyfriend (what is he? a 10 year senior??) but I also love that the show is giving Sam/Mercedes this much play.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:23 pm

I really like that Sam is back. For some reason, he is the one male character that I find consistently written and played.
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:47 pm

I loved how,during Sam's song to Mercedes, the other girls were nudging her while she smiled goofily - because that's totally what would happen. I'm not a Sam fan (not into blondes, really), but I'd be melting into a puddle of goo if I was 17 and a cute boy did that for me.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Okay, only just caught up with last weeks episode, and it's maybe that I don't know how the whole system works, but why are they calling Emma a teacher? Isn't she the school counsellor?

Of course I don't actually like Emma and tend to think she's even more useless than Finn's dancing most of the time, so found the whole tenure thing ridiculous even if she somehow qualifies without actually teaching anything, but I don't get how she's supposedly a teacher?
Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:11 am

"Honesty, respect, dance: those are the foundations of the Berry family." Perfect.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:14 am

*whisper*I am so happy Samuel is finally on. He sounded fantastic.*

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:16 am

"Jesus never said anything about being gay."
"He probably didn't want to hurt Simon's feelings."

LOL

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:14 am

I think there was a plot or something this week but I was too distracted by Jeff Goldblum foxin' it up.

(Whoever decided to have Mercedes sing "I Will Always Love You" this week got unfortunately lucky.)
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:00 am

I have to say, despite the common wisdom that the off-screen buildup of Rachel's Two Gay Dads wouldn't be able to be paid off: well done, show.

Also, any episode with Chang/Cohen-Chang cuteness is a win for me.

I'm just that easy.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Wait, so this episode was the one with Rachel's gay dads? And Santana was actually allowed to kiss her girlfriend? Wow, I'll have to catch up on this one (and fast-forward through the Karofsky parts, because I just can't).

Last edited by queenofdenile on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji Xiang Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:56 pm

I really like Irish kid's voice, but can they please stop making him since those slow songs? New Glee reality show kid was a lot more fun in this first song than Rory's entire appearance so far. Though he must be a *fast* learner, considering he'd never heard any song that wasn't religious/Christian before coming to McKinley.

Mercedes' rendition was beautiful, wow. I've never liked her voice that much but just wow. And I adored the Cohen-/Chang song, though was wondering why they were singing it to an empty choir room.

Why am I still trying to make sense of Glee again?

Ji Xiang

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:58 pm

The Karofsky reveal revolted me. When he was all, "But, Kurt, my feeeeeeeeeeelings!" Kurt should've told him, "Remember that time you sexually assaulted me? Or the time you threatened to kill me? I don't give a crap about your feelings."

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:01 pm

But VodouDoll, he felt bad about it! And redemption! Don't you have a heart?

Karofsky should hook up with Sebastian. They'll start off humorously bickering over which one of them made Kurt and Blaine more uncomfortable, but then the bickering will lead to sexual tension and then they'll run into each other's arms! Ahh, love.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:32 pm

queenofdenile, if you fast-forward the Karofsky stuff and the agonizing Rory solo, you'll be left with a pretty good episode.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:22 pm

I don't know why they couldn't have just ended Karofksy's storyline with where we last saw him at the bar. It would've been a satisfactory resolution, and avoiding being creepy.

Rory should probably figure out that Sugar is a little quicker on the uptake than Brittany and will probably not forget he was supposed to go back to Ireland. Rory should also find a way to get dates that does not involve lying.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum