Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee

+58
QueenSix
Author By Night
punzy
particle_person
sunni94
KaveDweller
ActonBell
Heather
skittlebox
jensa
Binky
Case
Escape
MaddyCat
Ji Xiang
Renny Sue
blixie
Muggsy
Never Enough
Unlucky Bear
Shalamar
jstilwe
choubetcha
Wilhelmina
VodouDoll
dday515
katesti
Raised by wolves
Scarlettfish
Shadowlass
Corvus
punkysdilemma
Snarryfan
naughty zoot
Caramel Coffee
pizzagirl20
Eris Rising
mrinsouciance
TiffanyNichelle
laurelin_kit
Gillian
curryalley
mialoubug
MLIS
Swarley
Instant Monkeys
Esseilte
Ceci
Poubelle
caltrask55
eventide82
RiverThames
MichiSichi
SNeaker
dionneshea
epudom
Kiran
queenofdenile
62 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Glee       - Page 17 Empty Re: Glee

Post  SNeaker Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:07 am

I quit the show a while back but started watching the tumblr edits of the New York stuff since Santana got there. That's been cute, even if everything to do with Rachel/Finn/Brody is gagworthy. Finn's beating up of Brody was whatever, but the "future wife" and "defend my honor" stuff reminded me of why I completely washed my hands of Rachel Berry as portrayed in canon. Santana has been a huge breath of fresh air in that dynamic, though. If they got more of the original cast to New York and dumped Lima, I might consider watching again.

I refuse to watch anything to do with McKinley. I hate every character there at this point besides Artie and Sugar, and they get nothing. I can't even talk about what they've done to Puck. Well, I can, but no one wants to hear it. If they didn't want to do anything with him, they should have just let Mark go for real.

I enjoyed Santana and Quinn's hookup at the wedding. That's the Santana in a "relationship" I always wanted to see, rather than having to interact with a toddler.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:45 am

I've seen some of the New York loft scenes, and they are great. In some ways I enjoy those scenes more than anything the show has ever done. The boyfriend/girlfriend arm pillows were so silly and oddly, creepily sweet. But I don't even recognize that character Lea Michele is playing. She's an overly-tanned ombre-haired alien who is not remotely Rachel Berry. I guess it's good that she's there so Kurt and Santana have a third person to bounce off of, but that's pretty much her ONLY purpose.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Fri May 17, 2013 8:15 am

I stopped watching, but tuned in every once in a while...what happened with sue?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Fri May 17, 2013 11:31 am

Becky brought a gun to school because she was afraid of graduating. It accidentally discharged and caused the school to go into lock down. Sue took the blame when Will said that the student responsible would be expelled.

Yes. That actually happened.

I'm still watching for the songs.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Fri May 17, 2013 12:02 pm

I'll fully admit, this show is pretty dumb but if the songs are fine, I don't care. Seriously, no matter how ridiculous it gets, a part of my brain goes, "Leah Michelle and Idina Menzel are singing together: your argument is invalid."
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Swarley wrote:Becky brought a gun to school because she was afraid of graduating.  It accidentally discharged and caused the school to go into lock down.  Sue took the blame when Will said that the student responsible would be expelled.

Yes. That actually happened.

Someone in the Death Pool thread mentioned a school shooting episode, is this it? Glee really went there?
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:18 pm

No one was shot. Becky brought a gun to school for reasons that do not bear going into, and it went off accidentally. On hearing the shots, the school went into panic-lockdown, so people were scared, but nothing happened to anyone. Sue took the blame for it to protect Becky.

It wasn't good, mind you, but not as bad as people want to make it out to be.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:37 am

So, I'm the only one still watching?

Two things:
1. I think it would have been better for Rachel to get the Funny Girl Understudy. Therefore, it's still a Pretty Big Deal, but not a total victory.
2. This show is trying to convince me that Jenna Ushkowitz is somehow unattractive. This is just not true.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:10 pm

No, I'm still watching. I still enjoy it, even when it makes me roll my eyes. And I have to confess to a certain morbid curiosity about how they're going to handle Corey's death next week.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:37 pm

I'll cop to it, though out of habit and with copious wincing and frequent outright distress. This last episode had a couple of good examples why: Two budding romances: Sam and some nice non-entity which dragged on and on, and Santana and an actual character which was lively and poignant. (Sam: How can I impress her? Sam's idiot friends: Impressions? Me: Sing?) I was really impressed with the actor playing Kitty, who, finding the shoe on the other foot, was thoughtful and reflective and self-aware.

The rest was rather tedious.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  dday515 Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:33 pm

If one were to cry during the previews for next week's Finn tribute episode, do you think the actual episode will induce tears? I'm asking for a friend.

dday515

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:54 pm

dday515 wrote:If one were to cry during the previews for next week's Finn tribute episode, do you think the actual episode will induce tears? I'm asking for a friend.
Yes.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:42 am

dday515 wrote:If one were to cry during the previews for next week's Finn tribute episode, do you think the actual episode will induce tears? I'm asking for a friend.
I have so far watched two episodes of Glee: the pilot and the final episode of season 1. The tears were rolling down my face when I saw the preview online. So I'm thinking if your friend is a regular viewer, they may be in need of serious hydration after the episode.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:07 pm

QueenSix wrote:
I have so far watched two episodes of Glee: the pilot and the final episode of season 1. The tears were rolling down my face when I saw the preview online. So I'm thinking if your friend is a regular viewer, they may be in need of serious hydration after the episode.
The shot of Lea Michele crying on Matthew Morrison's shoulder got to me, she looks so genuinely wrecked. The couple seconds of Chris Colfer looked like a tear-jerker as well. I'm not a regular viewer of the show but I am going to try to catch this episode.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:44 pm

I was totally crying during the preview so I am not sure I will even watch the episode. Probably a lot of fast forwarding. And tissues.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  jennlynnster Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:57 pm

EW has put up a preview of the upcoming episodes songs.

jennlynnster

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:26 pm

The full length songs are available online.  If one is so inclined. I've heard the full versions. They're as hard to listen to as you think they will be.

Spoiler:

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:41 pm

The songs are available for purchase on iTunes.. Proceeds are going to Cory's favorite charity, Project Limelight.

I've listened to them all (well, I can't listen to the full version of "To Make You Feel My Love" given that the snippet from the preview already made me cry), and they're all good, but I feel like Lea's and Mark's are in a completely different league than the rest. I don't mean that as a criticism of the others, because they're good songs and well sung, but those two are raw and gut wrenching on a whole other level, though I suspect it would have been true of Matt and Chris as well if they'd been given songs.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:09 pm

I agree that Mark's is very raw sounding. So much so I actually didn't enjoy it that much, but think it will be completely different if I have visuals with it.

I was very surprised by how moved I was by "Fire and Ice". Especially the line about (paraphrasing) "I thought I'd see you again." Really hitting home that sometimes it doesn't occur to you that anything can happen and life is so fragile.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:45 am

Just hearing Lea Michele sing Make You Feel My Love killed me. I don't know if I'll watch the episode, but the promo alone was gut wrenching. And I agree, that scene of Lea and Matt hugging looked so real and raw I felt terrible for them both.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:07 am

With the amount I cried just listening to the songs, I can't imagine what a state I'll be in when the episode actually airs. I have to agree with SNeaker that "Make You Feel My Love" and "No Surrender" are the best of the bunch, but I found them all good. Lea just killed me with her song. I'm surprised we don't hear from Matt at all (Chris gets a line in Season of Love and you can hear him throughout that song).
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:48 am

Okay, I thought that was very well done. And it was wise of them to not say how Finn died. If it had been drugs, people would have criticized them for that, saying "Finn didn't do drugs, that's out of character." If it HADN'T been drugs, there would have been criticism for that, too.

And I cried. I knew I would.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:03 am

Yeah, I was a mess throughout. The tears started coming pretty early with Kurt and the parents, were almost overwhelming by the time Rachel sang, and I was absolutely destroyed by the last scene of Will sobbing into the jacket.

I'd say the performances were great all around, except I really don't think anyone was acting. I really hope this was cathartic for the cast. I thought the episode was overall very tasteful and a good way to remember Finn/Cory. His quote on the plaque made me smile and cry at the same time - very sweet and very Finn.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:16 pm

I LOVED the plaque.

The episode didn't really work for me overall (although some of that is just my own inability to feel the correct emotions at the correct times or when I'm expecting to), but one thing I'll say to keep it positive is that I liked that they sprinkled in a lot of genuine humor and it wasn't all just maudlin sad sad sad tragedy sad. The plaque is one example and also Beiste explaining to Puck that trees grow. I felt more genuine feelings from those moments than from the sad ones, but I think it was more because they were unexpected.

I appreciate that they gave Puck a respectful sendoff, and it's startling and sad to realize it probably took Cory's death for that to happen. The first scene in the locker room with Beiste was...uh...not good, but the second one with the tree and the "line" was lovely. I just wish that rather nasty scene of false accusations had either not happened or been resolved before Puck rode off into the sunset believing that all he'll ever be to those people is a dumb delinquent.

(Seriously, Will, how could you? I get that you're grieving, but letting Puck take the fall and even implying you believed he did to him was a dick move.)

Lea and her song were otherworldly. I liked all of the musical performances, particularly hers and Mark's, as expected from the song previews.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:34 pm

I was pretty much out-of-control sobbing for a lot of this. The worst was the Hummels and Carol. Her speech on how she's just expected to keep breathing and waking up just killed me. Puck singing to the empty chair, not even really noticing everyone else in the room got me pretty bad. And Rachel's song with everyone else in the room actually sobbing was really difficult.

I thought they could have spent a little more time with the returning people as we're likely never to see Mike again either, and I think he only got one line. I think they could have taken the time from Santana, because she was in it a lot, and I didn't think it was that necessary. I did like her song, and the way she broke down during it and how it was Mike who got up to comfort her but it was Kurt who got through to her.

The light touches of humour were the ones that worked best. Bieste's, "They grow, you know." The plaque.

"Have a good line," was a great sentiment. As was what Kurt said about who cares how he died, I cared how he lived.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum