Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee

+58
QueenSix
Author By Night
punzy
particle_person
sunni94
KaveDweller
ActonBell
Heather
skittlebox
jensa
Binky
Case
Escape
MaddyCat
Ji Xiang
Renny Sue
blixie
Muggsy
Never Enough
Unlucky Bear
Shalamar
jstilwe
choubetcha
Wilhelmina
VodouDoll
dday515
katesti
Raised by wolves
Scarlettfish
Shadowlass
Corvus
punkysdilemma
Snarryfan
naughty zoot
Caramel Coffee
pizzagirl20
Eris Rising
mrinsouciance
TiffanyNichelle
laurelin_kit
Gillian
curryalley
mialoubug
MLIS
Swarley
Instant Monkeys
Esseilte
Ceci
Poubelle
caltrask55
eventide82
RiverThames
MichiSichi
SNeaker
dionneshea
epudom
Kiran
queenofdenile
62 posters

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Glee       - Page 16 Empty Re: Glee

Post  Kiran Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:53 am

I've been generally enjoying this season.

I really hate Kitty though. Are they planning to redeem her because she is awful. I do like the actress though, and she has a lovely voice and is a good dancer but they really are making her irredeemable.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  sunni94 Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:22 pm

So I guess um...Puck does get to appear this season. Yea for me.

I am two episodes behind and I'm kind of not really loving it but damn can Trouty Mouth and Blaine can sing "Heroes" which I adored.

The Thanksgiving episide was ok but I think this show is better when it's more the new cast and less the NY Cast.

sunni94

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 am

sunni94 wrote:So I guess um...Puck does get to appear this season. Yea for me.
He's got a big part coming up in the Christmas episode, so watch out for that.

The "Homeward Bound/Home" mashup was absolutely gorgeous. Everyone on it sounded amazing individually and collectively. I think it rates as one of the best mashups ever. Gave me the old Glee feels. Too bad the rest of the episode happened.

The Thanksgiving episide was ok but I think this show is better when it's more the new cast and less the NY Cast.
I quit watching this show, but I tuned in this week for the grads. It seems to me that neither side of the show is working well at all. Too many people clogging up tired old Ohio with vanilla versions of better characters while New York is missing any group dynamic and is hungry for a solid secondary cast. The show should quit yanking these poor graduates back to High School and send them instead to New York where they can get actual stories of their own and be foils for Kurt and Rachel. Dianna seems to have escaped, but Santana and Puck especially would be easy to send to New York and would add a lot of color and life there that's missing.

McKinley should be burnt to the ground. With Marley still inside. And for the love of God, stop dressing Rachel as a 35 year old hooker and wash that shmutz off her pretty face. Is there any part of Rachel Berry still in there?

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  KaveDweller Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm

I kind of liked Marley and Puck's brother when they first showed up, but I can't stand Marley anymore. And since all of the scenes Puck's brother (can't remember his name) has are centered around her, I can't stand him either.

KaveDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:51 pm

At this point I'm watching because (a)I still like Blaine because Darren Criss and I both went to the University of Michigan (go blue!); and (b) I want to see Kitty shamed for abusing Marley. I want her to get everything she deserves. That's about it.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:05 am

Call me crazy but I think this season has been pretty good. Not compared to the first season, but the last two, I've enjoyed it so much more. And I am holding out hope that Kitty gets hers for what she did to Marley next week or soon thereafter.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:09 am

Double posting because apparently....I AM the only one still watching. I am enjoying this season and any...and I mean ANY episode with Burt in it is an automatic WIN in my book!

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:06 am

I'm still watching it, but I'm (now) 3 weeks behind and don't have a lot to say. But you are not alone!

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:31 am

I'm really enjoying Sam and Brittany. Glee has one character that really seems to own a season and this weirdly seems to be Sam's year. Hes really killing it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:41 am

I watched it for the Puck of it all, and apparently now he's back so I might have to stick around? Thank God for the fast forward button.

I thought the episode was very disjointed (and nothing like Love, Actually.) Artie's dream was too rushed and was a concept worthy of an entire episode. Good to see Kevin/Artie getting some focus, though. I always liked him.

Puck/Jake stuff was cute -- loved the moms bonding, and Puck's desire for family is remarkably consistent. Annoyed that I waited three years for Puck to sing a Hanukkah song, and Kermit the Jew sang the whole thing. Why the hell is Puck "writing screenplays" instead of trying to...I dunno, play music? The thing he's actually talented at? This is like Finn trying to be an actor when he should be a drummer. Can these dudes PLEASE start a band in New York? It's too sad thinking they both washed out of their attempts at getting out and ended up as Lima Losers. Santana can be their lead female singer. MAKE IT HAPPEN, GLEE.

The Brittany/Sam stuff was downright excruciating. I can tolerate Brittany when she tosses out occasional one-liners and then shuts up and dances, but I've always cringed horribly when they give her more to do because the stupidity/infantile behavior is beyond stupid and makes me uncomfortable with her sexual relationships. Now they've turned Sam from a sweet geek into Boy Brittany. Both are too dumb to live.

Melissa Benoist is very pretty and has a nice voice, but Marley is a breathtakingly boring Mary Sue of a character (she's so amazing and delightful, no one can even find one bad word to say about her!) who needs to just go away.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Oh god, Marley. I suspect the reason I dislike her so much is how wonderful I'm apparently supposed to think she is. Love her! Feel sorry for her! Mary Sue about sums it up.
Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:14 pm

I am way, way behind (just watched the Grease ep), but Marley is so infuriatingly dull. How do you not notice that it's ONLY your costume and not any of your other clothes that don't fit anymore? Seriously, I let my suspension of disbelief stretch pretty far for this show but NOBODY figured out her costume was being altered? Is Tina going blind?

And Marley's singing is good, but I was really happy when they switched to Rachel's fantasy of performing with Finn because Lea Michelle brings a lot more presence and energy to her performances. Marley's more of a pretty face and voice who's just... there.

Also, they need to come up with some kind of redeeming quality for Kitty if they want us to believe she's actually popular. Quinn was nice enough that I could believe she had actual friends and see why Finn and Puck would be into her. Kitty just seems like a sociopath.

I am not very motivated to watch the rest of the season right now, though some of the Artie stuff sounds interesting.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:24 pm

particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:47 pm

Wow, that isn't even subtle.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:52 am

Not that I've been regularly watching this season, but they're dead to me now.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:09 pm

I haven't been watching either and now that they've ripped off my feral mountain man boyfriend I can continue to not watch with an easy mnd.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:05 am

The controversy has now been Hitlered. I was burned out on that meme, but I'll make an exception for this one.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Wow. Singing "Johnny C's in trouble" and not changing the line back to "Sir Mix-A-Lot's in trouble" is just lazy. That's copy-pasting-Wikipedia-into-your-paper-level.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Blatantly stealing from Coulton is poor.

That said, this episode had Tina singing Jesus Christ Superstar and the guys doing No Scrubs, so it's all good in my book.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:17 am

So....I am the only one still watching? I hate to say it but damn....I fold....I officially like the new crew. They have grown on me and I thoroughly enjoyed all of tonight's episode.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:43 am

I watch still. Its not appointment tv but I think it still has some good points. That performance of Creep was not one of them though. At all. However, the Sam and Blaine friendship is very well done I think, and something you don't see a lot on tv.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Author By Night Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:15 am

I don't still watch regularly, but I sometimes jump in. When the entire Glee Club Eating Disorder shamed Marley, I stopped even wanting to occasionally jump in. Sure, I felt they were trying way too hard to make us like Marley, to the point where I couldn't get into her character (albeit only seeing a few episodes of this season), but the reaction the characters had to her fainting still bugged me - even if they didn't know/understand that she had an eating disorder, are people not allowed to get sick and pass out? The whole thing just affirmed my belief that kids at McKinley are all terrible human beings, even the ones who aren't supposed to be. I know teenagers can be cruel, but I think even some of the meanest kids I went to school with would have stopped short of hating on a friend for getting sick during a competition. Some of them.

That said, the last few comments have made me want to jump in again. :) Maybe it's one of those shows that's so soapy, you can't take the "WTF" character moments too seriously?

I will say that while I'm behind so I don't know just how it's been written lately, I do love Kurt and Rachel's friendship. I wish we saw more actual true, long-lasting friendships in the show.

Author By Night

http://author-by-night.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:56 am

I loved it. I can't help it; this show makes me happy. I loved all the songs for last night's episode, and yes, I really enjoyed the scene between Sam and Blaine.

I also liked Puckerman calling the ladies out on their outrage about him performing a Chris Brown song.

Plus, on a very shallow level - damn, when did Chris Colfer get so cute?
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:06 pm

I still watch every now and then when I realize my tivo is full of eps and I need to clear them out. I tend to fast foward a lot this season. Certain songs, anything with Sue. Then I go to the TWoP forum to roll my eyes and hate everyone's super serious thoughts on the show. If I have to read one more pearl clutching post about Finn beating up Brody. Gag. My feelings on this show is always the opposite of fandom's.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:48 am

I still tune in for the occasional musical performances, and "Mamma Mia" was just all kinds of delightful. But I've been wanting to see "Come What May" for YEARS and I swear Chris looked bored throughout the whole thing. That was very disappointing for me.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum