Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Night Live

+59
mialoubug
dionneshea
Carrie Ann
Nerg
Never Enough
Jude
Cutebutpsycho
biakbiak
Swarley
Fraoch
Miss Moneypenny
Raised by wolves
laddical
Morning Angel
TiffanyNichelle
Heather
Soleil
GoodbyeWithWords
RiverThames
blixie
ulkis
mokey75
schwa
whatthedeuce
Snarryfan
Unlucky Bear
QueenSix
swsa
UmaOprah
Arabella
Genevieve
Jordan Baker
Betty Madrid
dday515
19uses
puddingcup
ActonBell
MichiSichi
sobe
big chicken
Wilhelmina
bbridges
naughty zoot
Poubelle
Jessica
Sincerity
queenofdenile
Kiran
Binky
Gallifrey Girl
Cynara
Instant Monkeys
Auroura76
nikita
punkysdilemma
The Dude
jcpdiesel21
pizzagirl20
Eris Rising
63 posters

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Saturday Night Live - Page 13 Empty Re: Saturday Night Live

Post  The Dude Wed May 15, 2013 5:34 am

That sucks. I remember his first ep was after Hurricane Katrina and he absolutely nailed his Al Pacino impression.

I'd expect Jason to be out the door too.

Fred will stay forever it seems.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed May 15, 2013 5:45 am

The Dude wrote:That sucks. I remember his first ep was after Hurricane Katrina and he absolutely nailed his Al Pacino impression.

Fred's like Tim Meadows. Not only is he good where he is, he also doesn't really have anywhere else to go. He knows that the moment that he's out the door, he'll be playing the dad of some wannabe pop star on a Disney Channel sitcom.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Wed May 15, 2013 8:15 am

I'll miss Heder but I'm sure if he's not signed for a production deal in TV, he'll have some movies. I just hope so because he's too good to go away. Here's to Greg, who is not an alien, Herb Welsh (may he rest in peace, or not because he's still alive) and most importantly, Stefon, who is at an underground pre-Memorial weekend party at Afterbirth. It has fireworks, flags, Austrian diplomats, and Cherry Bomb Ergonomic Chairs*.

*You know. That thing where four ice-cream men orgy themselves into office furniture.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed May 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Eris Rising wrote:
The Dude wrote:That sucks. I remember his first ep was after Hurricane Katrina and he absolutely nailed his Al Pacino impression.

Fred's like Tim Meadows. Not only is he good where he is, he also doesn't really have anywhere else to go. He knows that the moment that he's out the door, he'll be playing the dad of some wannabe pop star on a Disney Channel sitcom.

No. Just no.

Tim's tenure counts for about half since he got nothing to do for five years. I love his whimsical sketches like Tarmac Talk and he's done some good stuff since leaving like Mean Girls and Dewey Cox.

Fred just does characatures of minorities and the handicapped.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed May 15, 2013 9:54 pm

The Dude wrote:
Eris Rising wrote:

No. Just no.

Tim's tenure counts for about half since he got nothing to do for five years. I love his whimsical sketches like Tarmac Talk and he's done some good stuff since leaving like Mean Girls and Dewey Cox.

Fred just does characatures of minorities and the handicapped.

Fred was Obama and Prince, neither of which were caricatures, though they were minorities. Also Joy Behar, Sam Waterston, Tony Danza, Steve Jobs, Liberace, Randy Newman, and literally dozens of others. Also, he's a decent utility player, and has several recurring characters, with my favorite being the standup comedian Nicholas Fehn.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed May 15, 2013 9:55 pm

I love Fred as Prince (with Beyonce!), and as one half of that Euro artsy couple with Maya Rudolph. Basically I love him with Maya Rudolph. Lately, yeah, he's not as good. He already manages to do Portlandia along with SNL, so why would he leave?

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 15, 2013 10:14 pm

You know who I still miss? Chris Parnell. The guy always had to play the straight man in every sketch, and he did it so well! I love him in the Nicotrel ad, where you think Nicotrel will be a patch used to quit smoking, and instead, it's the Rock, who comes to your house and kicks your ass if he finds out you smoked. "You get your hands off MY WIFE, Nicotrel!"

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed May 15, 2013 10:58 pm

I honestly don't mind Fred Armisen. I find him mostly eh, occasionally hilarious, occasionally terrible. I think he's having a bit of a moment because of Portlandia, and is suddenly kind of cool instead of just that annoying guy on SNL who failed at Obama, so I wouldn't be surprised if he left, but I sort of doubt he'd go off and be super successful. I agree he is kind of an SNL lifer, like Kenan (WHO CAN NEVER LEAVE BTW), and there have been people over the years that I could not WAIT for them to leave but he's not one of them. (Especially now that Kristen Wiig is gone so there can be no more Garth and Kat ever. Except for last week, GROAN. KILL GARTH AND KAT WITH FIRE.)

I have eternal love for Parnell. And Kwanzaa Timmy.

I'll really miss Sudeikis if he goes, but I thought he was going to leave last year.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed May 15, 2013 11:01 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:You know who I still miss? Chris Parnell. The guy always had to play the straight man in every sketch, and he did it so well! I love him in the Nicotrel ad, where you think Nicotrel will be a patch used to quit smoking, and instead, it's the Rock, who comes to your house and kicks your ass if he finds out you smoked. "You get your hands off MY WIFE, Nicotrel!"

His Britney Spears rap was fantastic. Also, he was truly the Iceman, not cracking up during either the "Doctor Poop" or "More Cowbell" sketches while everyone else around him lost their shit.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed May 15, 2013 11:21 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:You know who I still miss? Chris Parnell. The guy always had to play the straight man in every sketch, and he did it so well! I love him in the Nicotrel ad, where you think Nicotrel will be a patch used to quit smoking, and instead, it's the Rock, who comes to your house and kicks your ass if he finds out you smoked. "You get your hands off MY WIFE, Nicotrel!"

I also liked his rapping!
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu May 16, 2013 12:10 am

Me too. I miss him as Dr. Spaceman too. So glad Will Ferrell got him rehired years ago.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Thu May 16, 2013 1:34 am

I generally like Fred too. Sometimes I go and watch that sketch where Seth plays Prince Charles and Fred plays Camilla Parker-Bowles for no particular reason.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Thu May 16, 2013 4:23 am

Eris Rising wrote:
Fred was Obama and Prince, neither of which were caricatures, though they were minorities. Also Joy Behar, Sam Waterston, Tony Danza, Steve Jobs, Liberace, Randy Newman, and literally dozens of others. Also, he's a decent utility player, and has several recurring characters, with my favorite being the standup comedian Nicholas Fehn.
I draw an arbitrary distinction between characters and impressions. I loved Wiig's impressions, but I hated her characters.

Parnell had that same quality Phil Hartman had where they were just the glue in any sketch. I can't remember not liking him in anything. I even laughed at how weirdly oily he looked in that ad for the law firm where Ferrel hated dogs. He and Will Forte were the best at playing perverts too.

Maya just keeps shooting 'em out doesn't she?

The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu May 16, 2013 11:33 am

I'm sure over the years Armisen has done some funny things (I did like the Queen and Princess Kate sketch), but most I can remember of him is his shitty Obama and all his annoying characters of late.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu May 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Speaking of which, Armisen and Sudekis also looking to leave. Interesting, since while Sudekis was actually expected to leave earlier this season, Armisen hasn't even given a hint that he wants to move on. I wonder what might have changed his mind.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu May 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Probably that hes a bit of a hipster fave right now and wants to capitilize on it.

I will miss Hader and Sudeikis a lot. I am glad they seem to have a strong newer cast though.

I will be honest I only liked Fred Armisen as Prince, otherwise I wasn't a fan of his at all. I also think he radiates smug. And Tim Meadows gave me the Ladies Man. So Meadows >>>.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu May 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Kiran wrote:Probably that hes a bit of a hipster fave right now and wants to capitilize on it.

I will miss Hader and Sudeikis a lot. I am glad they seem to have a strong newer cast though.

I will be honest I only liked Fred Armisen as Prince, otherwise I wasn't a fan of his at all. I also think he radiates smug. And Tim Meadows gave me the Ladies Man. So Meadows >>>.

Armisen was a favorite of mine when he was first on, but I've cooled on him since. But he's talented.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu May 16, 2013 8:48 pm

The only sketch I really hate on SNL is the Vogelcek family (the family that tongue kisses and gropes each other and various neighbors). (Gilly and Garth and Kat are a distant second and third, maybe.) I haaaaaate that one, so if Armisen leaves, at least we won't have that one anymore.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu May 16, 2013 8:55 pm

I've only seen the Thanksgiving Vogelcek family sketch, and I have to admit that I died laughing when Andy Samberg showed up as a homeless man and had gravy spat on his face by either Hader or Armisen.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Thu May 16, 2013 9:07 pm

I will miss Hader and Sudeikis. I thought Jason was leaving earlier and it seems like he hasn't had as much to do this year, so I don't think I'll miss his prescence as much as Hader. I will not miss Fred though. I have never really liked him.

I do wonder who will take over for Seth on Update when he leaves, though.

Kristen Wiig can never ever host again. That was the worst show this season for me because it was just all her characters that I hated the first 20 times.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu May 16, 2013 9:51 pm

bloomtoperish wrote:

I do wonder who will take over for Seth on Update when he leaves, though.

That's the big question, isn't it? The jockeying for position must be intense right now.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu May 16, 2013 11:11 pm

I will put my bet on Nasim and Taran. Wait, they said Seth would stay on for the beginning of next season, right? Could it be possible for them to put a new hire at the WU desk, paired with Seth at first?

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri May 17, 2013 9:30 pm

puddingcup wrote:I will put my bet on Nasim and Taran. Wait, they said Seth would stay on for the beginning of next season, right? Could it be possible for them to put a new hire at the WU desk, paired with Seth at first?

Nasim has a sitcom coming up, so she's likely not returning, and Taran is more about recurring characters. They'll need him to offset the losses they're already dealing with, like McKinnon filled in for Wiig in many ways.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri May 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Taran has become a standout and they'd have to use him way less/barely at all if they let him do WU. But I bet in terms of his career arc he'd do very well there.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri May 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Binky wrote:Taran has become a standout and they'd have to use him way less/barely at all if they let him do WU. But I bet in terms of his career arc he'd do very well there.

That's for sure.

You know, Fallon managed to do well when he was partnered with Fey, and still had regular recurring characters. Maybe the idea of a two-person team isn't so bad. Of course, you'd need a strong writer who doesn't need much camera time for the other person.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next