Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PostSecret

+40
Bad Username
mokey75
katesti
Cutebutpsycho
Instant Monkeys
puddingcup
The Glen
ariadne
Morning Angel
Lily Rose
Eris Rising
Crowbridge
Matinee
jstilwe
Genevieve
bottle
RiverThames
EggSpreader
Putli Bai
BrightEyes
Lis
particle_person
Rhilin
Raised by wolves
Pop'n'Fresh
nazlan
VodouDoll
allochthonous
The Lady of Shalott
inversed
snorf
Swarley
Poubelle
punzy
Kiran
Renny Sue
laurelin_kit
Fraoch
Unlucky Bear
Shalamar
44 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

PostSecret - Page 5 Empty Re: PostSecret

Post  laddical Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:33 pm

But you don't understand, their situation is *special* and *so unique* and they (or their precious snowflake daughter) don't deserve to have their lives ruined! They hate the situation but they have to think of their future! Not like all of *those* people with their welfare checks and poor life choices!
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:46 am

But, wait? I thought people on welfare were just popping out kids so they could scam more money from the gubmint? They're also getting all the abortions, too?
Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:30 am

Well, yeah! Didn't you know Planned Parenthood is all about the genocide of black people?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:24 pm

I've never met any woman who's pro-abortion

Now you have! My personal feelings are that abortion is a very important and necessary medical procedure for a huge number of women, and I don't feel more emotional about it than I do about other medical procedures. Now, I do sometimes feel emotional about medical procedures, those can bring up lots of feelings (I had a surprisingly upset reaction to having a mole removed from my neck, maybe because it was the first major cut into my skin?), and certainly the situations in which any medical procedure is necessary are often quite intense, but I don't attach more negative feelings to abortion than other procedures. However, I acknowledge that many others do, and I've had 20 years of working to ensure that women in developing countries don't die of unsafe abortion to wear down the social stigma in my brain around abortion, so I don't expect most people to think as I do about it.

I debated whether to bother writing this, but the "no one is pro-abortion" phrase pops up often enough, and stigma is so damaging to the availability of services as well as women's ability to access them, that it felt important.

An interesting article on being pro-abortion. (I didn't write it.)

Edited to be on-topic: the secret Bad Username linked to irritates me too.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum