Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boardwalk Empire

+9
sen3
Crowbridge
bbridges
Menshevixen
blixie
Shalamar
pizzagirl20
Cutebutpsycho
salamandersam
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Boardwalk Empire - Page 2 Empty Re: Boardwalk Empire

Post  Shalamar Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:42 am

I haven't had a chance to watch all of the season opener yet, but oh man, I've missed this show so much.

Good call on this one, cutebutpsycho:

As for Richard, I have a weird feeling he's going to be aligned with Gillian/Tommy. The man is loyal to the end and I suspect he'd want to be around to raise his friend's son and insure that he's well cared for. It's gonna be a fucked up family dynamic.

Poor Richard. He was just trying to keep Angela's memory alive.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Oh lord. I liked seeing the set up, but I think it's a sign that I have Sopranos on my mind because I see a lot of parallels with Carmella and Margaret. And I keep wondering if the season beats are going to match up like how the Sopranos did.

And I feel like Bobby Carnivale and Van Alden are competing for the season's biggest creeper.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:51 am

I knew sooner or later Nucky would have a mistress. There is no way that "marriage" to Margaret would hold; both of them are looking out for themselves, and don't really give a shit about each other.

Richard is the best character on the show, hands down.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm catching up on the last few episodes, but man, Van Alden's new wife is kind of bad ass. And Margaret is also getting more ballsy. I like it!
pizzagirl20
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:16 pm

I love Sigrid. She's an amazing character.

I'm just happy they gave Margaret a storyline this year and something really juicy to boot.

This season has been better than the last one.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Also somehow Eli has become one of the better people on this show? I always loved Shea Wigham but that scene of him and his wife at the end of the Easter episode was just fantastic.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Michael Shannon is terrifying. TWoP was totally dismissive of the iron scene, but I thought it was super disturbing.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:02 pm

I learned long ago that TWoP no longer has the same opinions I do about most things.

And yes he is. I don't think anyone else right now is better at suppressed rage exploding.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Dude, I was waiting for Nelson to fall apart and do something like this. His entire workplace was a bunch of assholes. That manical smile at the end actually made me cheer, but I'm a sick bastard.

I love Eli. I'm not sure if he's trying to mend fences with Nucky and be family or get a higher place in power. I wouldn't be surprised if it was both.

I also am amazed by Gillian -- she's a sick, twisted character and I'm happy that Gretchen Mol got such a meaty role. What I don't get is some of the Tumblr love for Richard. It's a little out of proportion for his storyline this season.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:54 pm

I love Richard and Jack Huston and think hes in many ways one of those most interesting characters on this show and I'm really liking his little romance, but I am pretty sure most of the tumblr love dates back to tumblr fangirls slashing him and Jimmy and the fact that in real life Jack Huston is fine as hell.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:06 am

Richard's scrapbook of how he wants his life to be makes me feel so sad for him. Poor guy just wanted a normal life after the war!

I'm a sucker for Owen's accent, and am loving that he put the time in to find the right horse for Margaret's daughter's birthday (I forget her name). I also love the little scenes we've seen of Al Capone and his son. It's very humanizing to his character.

I keep worrying that Van Alden is going to team up with Gyp. Two people with lots of rage could be a bad, bad thing, but oh so entertaining to us viewers. But I'm surprised it took him this long to snap at his co-workers. Michael Shannon needs to get nominated this year, if he hasn't been in the past.
pizzagirl20
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:25 pm

I ventured into the Boardwalk Empire Tumblr tag this morning and there is a LOT of "I would let Richard Harrow do whatever he wanted to me, some sick, disturbing things". Which is why I don't go into that tag too often.

I totes ship Margaret and Owen. If her relationship with Nucky is going to be all fucked up, I'm voting they run away together. I think Owen and Margaret understand one another in a way Nucky never could and their chemistry onscreen is amazing. I really hope Owen doesn't die, though I understand it's likely.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:32 am

On a light note, Owen and the other men in the birthday hats killed me dead. On a darker note I don't think poor Emily will ever be able to have a good birthday again...
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:49 am

I know! Nucky singing "Happy Birthday" was honestly terrifying.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:51 pm

The whole birthday party was creepy. But the gangsters in party hats had me howling. Right up there with Gyp and his Revolutionary War hat at the end (what killed that for me was the eyeroll his colleague had. "Jeebus Gyp. Again?")
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:56 am

Poor Owen. At first I was worried that the crate was going to have a horse's head in it. But then it was him. And Margaret freaking out, and we get the extended scene of the two of them ... it broke my heart.
pizzagirl20
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Bumping this up to say simply this:

OH THAT WAS OFF THE HOOK! THAT WAS AWESOME!

I'm impressed the writers jammed so much tension into one show.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm worried about Richard. If BE offs my favorite character, I will cry buckets.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm worried about him too.

Also, I've always been kind of frightened of Gillian and thought she was an awful but deeply fascinating person. And I still think that. But this is the first time I've actively loathed her. When she called him half a man and said that Julia didn't look blind and then had him thrown out I was like "OH SCREW YOU GILLIAN."

Also I am TERRIFIED for Tommy the longer he stays with her. She really is trying to remake Jimmy.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:19 pm

She didn't have to be so mean when she kicked Richard out (and I'm still thinking she's playing all the angles in this by having him leave the house. Admittedly not having Tommy go with Richard was stupid on her part, but she's still a child in my mind) and that made me go "OH HELL NO."

Gretchen Mol is doing a fantastic job with that character -- she's unlikable, I pity Gillian and at the same time I wonder what the hell she's up to. Any bets on whether or not she kills Gyp?

I'm also still trying to figure out why Chalky stuck with Nucky, given that all we've seen is Chalky asking for something and Nucky saying no or him telling his daughter she's gonna marry that doctor (RUN SAMUEL RUN or else you're in the family for life). But I waffle with that -- it's like Nucky didn't realize what allies he had until he lost damn well near everything.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Cutebutpsycho wrote:Gretchen Mol is doing a fantastic job with that character -- she's unlikable, I pity Gillian and at the same time I wonder what the hell she's up to. Any bets on whether or not she kills Gyp?
I'm thinking she might seize the opportunity if he wants her to choke him during sex. Gillian already has one murder under her belt, so what's one more?

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 pm

We're working our way through season 3, and are only about 4 episodes in, but my god. Mickey might be the most annoying character on tv. I hope Eli kills the shit out of him.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:49 pm

I love Mickey! He's such an opportunistic little shit!
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:11 pm

I love Mickey, too. He's like a cockroach- you just can't kill him.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:57 pm

I would not be at all surprised if at the end of the show Mickey was among the very few people left alive. And I would love it!
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum