Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live Music

+26
darthtall
Swarley
sunni94
sixchooks
draco vulgaris
Paris, Texas
jstilwe
chibimanda
Menshevixen
The Dude
dday515
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Nedsdag
blixie
choubetcha
Sheli
Instant Monkeys
Crackie
jcpdiesel21
mokey75
gannetguts
whatthedeuce
dinahmoe
TiffanyNichelle
dionneshea
30 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Live Music - Page 4 Empty Re: Live Music

Post  Sheli Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm seeing Pink on Thursday and I'm really excited.  My sister knows a guy who knows a girl who works at the venue and has been promising us tickets for 6 months, and assuring us that it was all set, but my credit card wasn't charged until this week.  Until I saw the charge, we were pretty sure it was not happening.  So finding out that it really might be true has been pretty amazing.  I saw her four years ago on her last US tour but it was kind of a depressing evening because my best friend, who was there with me, got a call that her grandmother had died, 10 minutes before Pink took the stage.  I'm looking forward to having a better evening on Thursday!

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:02 pm

My sister and I saw Ellie Goulding on Saturday night and she was great. I felt like the crowd atmosphere took a little while to get going, but she was a great performer and has a really good voice live. Lots of fun!
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:16 am

I didn't care for Ellie Goulding at all until I saw her open for Bruno Mars last year, and she was so much fun live and really adorable! I don't love all her music, but I appreciate the offbeat vibe she brings.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:52 am

Are any Snarkers attending Kate Bush's live shows in the next few weeks?

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:37 am

Just got back from seeing the Boomtown Rats with naughty zoot. Holy hell, what a show. Bob Geldof is an amazing bundle of energy and enthusiasm, especially for someone who recently lost a child. The whole band looked like they were having a blast, and they sounded great. We were right up front, and I am now deaf. But it was worth it.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:58 pm

It was SO worth it. I've been waiting 30 years to see them and they did not disappoint.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:00 pm

I don't care what you all say: I don't like Mondays.

I couldn't resist!

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:31 pm

Seeing Local Natives never gets old. It's not as much fun though when you're so crowded in that you can't really move to the music or see above the taller folks in front of you.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:13 am

Saw Joshua Radin for the third time last night and he was as fantastic as always. I even hung around behind the venue for about ten minutes afterwards and actually got to meet him and snap a photo. He was lovely - chatted with the four of us who were out there and took photos. Just a really lovely guy. I wish I had stayed and chatted a bit longer because he seemed like he was happy to stand around in the cold talking to people, but I was annoyingly exhausted after a long day at work so I asked him a couple of questions and left. I'm already looking forward to the next time he travels down under for a show. He's a really solid performer, and his shows are so personal and entertaining. Plus his voice is incredible.
eventide82
eventide82

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:46 am

I saw Florence & The Machine on Tuesday night this week and it was phenomenal. I had seen her in July and it was great, but we were all the way up the back. This time I bought a single ticket for myself and managed to get a seat in the front section, so I had a decent view of the stage. I wish I had realised that I could have snuck down the front because no one was really checking tickets once patrons were inside the seated area and Florence's manic running around and dancing was so infectious. She has a truly fantastic voice live.

Then on Thursday night my sister and I saw Mumford & Sons at the same venue Florence was at, but this time we had second row seats. As soon as they came out, we promptly left out seats and joined the people standing at the front of the stage and were about three metres from the stage. They were absolutely fantastic - full of incredible energy and so talented on all kinds of instruments. They played all the great songs across their three albums, and despite people saying their latest album isn't as good as the first two, I really like it and hearing those songs played live were awesome. My sister and I basically boogied for two hours straight right in front of them.

Both shows were probably two of the best I've seen in my life, both bands are just totally amazing live.
eventide82
eventide82

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4