Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

+118
Heather
mayram
SelfAmused
Pop'n'Fresh
year of the cat
katbeth
xyzzy
nazlan
particle_person
allochthonous
LadyGayle
Coneycat
Gilraen
Tabby
gannetguts
rat kitten
Fraoch
queenofdenile
Algae
Escape
Red Wolf
Swarley
choubetcha
jstilwe
ariadne
bbridges
Cynara
epudom
Matinee
mialoubug
mandalaya
schwa
Never Enough
GoodbyeWithWords
puddingcup
Corvus
Agent Sculder
UmaOprah
Luthien
dinahmoe
Renny Sue
rivki8699
chibimanda
Gillian
PrincessCleo
grayel
eco
sen3
Brainchild
Raksha
tothemax
oxymoron
Eris Rising
QueenSix
sobe
mokey75
demgirl
jcpdiesel21
dionneshea
Lindsay Weir
Cutebutpsycho
lisa
big chicken
Decca
Jude
Miss Moneypenny
naughty zoot
MtOlivePickles
ActonBell
RubyTuesday
MichiSichi
Esseilte
Lis
jaraga
BrightEyes
Grainne Mhaol
The Lady of Shalott
Bob Genghis Khan
Morning Angel
Crowbridge
Poubelle
Sheli
blixie
emrie
maxell131313
nikita
katesti
MLIS
The Glen
punkysdilemma
swsa
Lily Rose
caltrask55
sagitare
Unlucky Bear
laddical
Ceci
narfzz
bookworm
Raised by wolves
TiffanyNichelle
blooey
Genevieve
Carrie Ann
slmader
BreezyK
Melk
Kiran
Jasmine
Jessica
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
Binky
whatthedeuce
Auroura76
Putli Bai
eventide82
Arabella
122 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 28 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:41 pm

That made me laugh out loud. Good one.

I'm super happy for Steve Martin for the most random reasons ever. I have a huge crush on Steve Martin and adore him and years ago I had a series of recurring dreams in which we were dating. In one I got pregnant and he was fantastic. He had me move into his huge house and was like "no honey, you take a break from school and stay with the baby." He was the best father to be ever.

I recognize this is completely insane but you all already thought I was not all there, so whatever, but since then I've always thought he'd be a really good dad. Also because of the film Parenthood.

Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 28 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  laddical Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 pm

There needs to be some kind of follow up to the "5 Timers Club" SNL sketch for those two. With maybe some Hanx, just because.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Now I'm imagining Steve and Alec in the park with their baby strollers, talking disposable diapers and teething.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Now I'm imagining Steve and Alec in the park with their baby strollers, talking disposable diapers and teething.

I'm happy for the couples and wish them and their kids the best. Unfortunately, when I picture their fatherhood I can't help but acknowledge that they'll most likely be dead by the time their children are 30 (Alec will be about 84, Steve 97). Or even 20, especially in Steve's case. I hope they really maximize the quality of the time they'll have with those kids.

mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:02 pm

Letterman seems to be making the most of late fatherhood, so maybe they will too.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:26 pm

I think similarly, mandalaya. I'm glad that in most cases of an older father, the child's mother (or other father, in Elton John's case) is likely to be around a lot longer.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:44 pm

It's not something anyone would want to go into unadvisedly, and the younger partner would want have the resources to cope with a child and an elderly partner. My grandfather was about 26 or so when my eldest aunt was born and 51 going on 52 when my youngest uncle was born (my grandmother was seventeen when they married). Although he died when my uncle was 22, he had to take things a bit easier as he got older and so probably spent more time with him than he did with the elder ones, especially as there were quite a few. It's not a disaster, but not something to take lightly either, as I'm sure none of them do.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  grayel Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Hugh Grant announces he is a father for the second time. He has an unnamed baby boy with the mother of his daughter Tabitha.

grayel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:34 pm

He had a very sweet interview about his daughter last year on Ellen. I know he is kind of awful but I adore him.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Is he really that awful, though? He had that thing with the prostitute a few years back, but I thought for the most part he was fairly low key, stayed away from the press when possible nowadays - the phone tapping scandal's not really on him - and was generally looked on as "regular" as a star can be.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Well Jon Stewart came out and said he was the absolute worst guest they have ever had on his show, which is...bad for a talk show host to actively say that and basically cut all ties with an actor like Hugh Grant who is pretty much permanently A-list and known for being an entertaining guest.

I love him, but even I was like Oh Hugh, at that.

I thought he came off fairly fantastically during the phone tapping scandal. And I even enjoyed the baked beans incident. But Jon Stewart coming out and saying that was kind of like...oh...dude.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Hugh did sort of own up to that Daily Show incident and apologize a bit, but yeah, I don't think I'd want to hang out with him.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:11 pm

From the linked article:

In December he admitted he was a 'pain in the a**' during an appearance on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
He made a very public confession by taking to his Twitter account and wrote: 'Turns out my inner crab got the better of me with TV producer in 09.
'Unforgivable. J Stewart correct to give me kicking.'

So he did apologize. Not that it's any of my business, but it's funny that he had a second child with a woman he doesn't seem to have ever been in a relationship with. I guess whatever parenting arrangement they have is working well for them!
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:36 pm

They dated but were broken up when she found out she was pregnant the first time. I get the feeling that they are fuck buddies who realized they co parent well together. OR he is living the kind of rom com he would have made ten years ago and through co parenting the first child they found love and have secretly been in a stable relationship, complete with a falling in love montage set to Natalie Coles "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)".

Why yes I own 90% of his filmography.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:24 pm

I would watch that movie. Though I think the first theory is more likely to be true.

(I was going to be all "it hasn't been ten years since he made a movie like that!" and then I remembered it's been long enough since About A Boy that the boy in that movie has grown up and having a decent shot at being a leading man himself.)
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:18 pm

The point of this is I wish Hugh Grant worked more.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:43 pm

punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:09 pm

Even if they have a lot of help, the fact that they both still have fairly busy careers AND that many kids is impressive.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:40 pm

I'm all for funny, smart people reproducing. In fact, repopulate the world, funny, smart people!

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:37 am

Whoa, I thought Maya Rudolph only had one kid. Where the hell have I been when she was pregnant the last few times?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:35 am

They've been wanting a family for years, so good for them! I was really pleased for Fergie when I read the news.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:07 am

When I was unemployed, TNT would show, like, three hours of Las Vegas reruns daily, so I have kind of a Josh Duhamel situation. Good for them!
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:42 am

They seem like nice people, happy for them!
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:55 pm

Meadow Soprano and AC Slater are expecting (though not together).

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next