Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

+118
Heather
mayram
SelfAmused
Pop'n'Fresh
year of the cat
katbeth
xyzzy
nazlan
particle_person
allochthonous
LadyGayle
Coneycat
Gilraen
Tabby
gannetguts
rat kitten
Fraoch
queenofdenile
Algae
Escape
Red Wolf
Swarley
choubetcha
jstilwe
ariadne
bbridges
Cynara
epudom
Matinee
mialoubug
mandalaya
schwa
Never Enough
GoodbyeWithWords
puddingcup
Corvus
Agent Sculder
UmaOprah
Luthien
dinahmoe
Renny Sue
rivki8699
chibimanda
Gillian
PrincessCleo
grayel
eco
sen3
Brainchild
Raksha
tothemax
oxymoron
Eris Rising
QueenSix
sobe
mokey75
demgirl
jcpdiesel21
dionneshea
Lindsay Weir
Cutebutpsycho
lisa
big chicken
Decca
Jude
Miss Moneypenny
naughty zoot
MtOlivePickles
ActonBell
RubyTuesday
MichiSichi
Esseilte
Lis
jaraga
BrightEyes
Grainne Mhaol
The Lady of Shalott
Bob Genghis Khan
Morning Angel
Crowbridge
Poubelle
Sheli
blixie
emrie
maxell131313
nikita
katesti
MLIS
The Glen
punkysdilemma
swsa
Lily Rose
caltrask55
sagitare
Unlucky Bear
laddical
Ceci
narfzz
bookworm
Raised by wolves
TiffanyNichelle
blooey
Genevieve
Carrie Ann
slmader
BreezyK
Melk
Kiran
Jasmine
Jessica
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
Binky
whatthedeuce
Auroura76
Putli Bai
eventide82
Arabella
122 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 29 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Geez, my jaw was about to drop in complete shock, Arabella!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 29 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  Coneycat Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Okay, I know this thread is mostly for brand-new babies, but I've been having kind of a long tiring week, and I just fixed EVERYTHING by typing "hemsworth baby" into Google's images search. I may have passed out a little from squee.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Alright, Natalie Portman's empire-waist at the Oscars after party begs the question...is she pregnant again?

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Coneycat wrote:Okay, I know this thread is mostly for brand-new babies, but I've been having kind of a long tiring week, and I just fixed EVERYTHING by typing "hemsworth baby" into Google's images search. I may have passed out a little from squee.

Oh. My. Word. My deepest thanks, Coneycat.

Re. Natalie Portman, it's hard to say one way or the other, empire waists are apparently not even friendly to very slender women. She looks gorgeous in that pic though.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:16 pm

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:23 pm

That poor, poor child; his baby pictures are going to be covered in bad MS Paint drawings.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 pm

What woman actually agreed to this?!?
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Holly Madison had a girl named Rainbow Aurora Rotella.

Rainbow Rotella sounds like a multicolored dessert pastry to me.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:02 pm

No, no. No. No. No.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:08 pm

Rotella is either a type of pasta or a form of food poisoning. So adding Rainbow to it makes it even better.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:22 pm

punkysdilemma wrote:Rotella is either a type of pasta or a form of food poisoning. So adding Rainbow to it makes it even better.
Can of girl tomatoes with peppers?
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:22 pm

punkysdilemma wrote:Rotella is either a type of pasta or a form of food poisoning. So adding Rainbow to it makes it even better.
Rotella is the baby's last name, so that couldn't be helped, but Rainbow with it is a bit much. Rainbow Aurora Rotella altogether is rather "R" heavy.

Lisa Ling had a girl named Jett.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:05 pm

Binky wrote:Holly Madison had a girl named Rainbow Aurora Rotella.

Rainbow Rotella sounds like a multicolored dessert pastry to me.

Whereas my first thought was, "Oh well, I guess she has her stripper name picked out by her parents." Which is not usually the first thing I want to think when I hear a baby's name.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Eeeeewwww.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Rainbow is odd enough, but Rotella? Really? That kid has no choice but to be fucked up now. Ace work there, Holly!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:10 am

Eh, that's a dumb name for sure, but Rotella is actually the kid's (and the father's) surname. I've got some sympathy for Holly on that one. Sometimes you just don't have anything to work with and your kid is stuck with a stupid last name. I mean, no matter how much I wish my own mother had said it, you can't exactly say to the father of your child "You have a stupid sounding name and I don't want to give it to our kid."
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:10 am

I don't have a problem with Rotella, and I'd have a problem with Rainbow and pretty much any surname. Rotella might make me think of pasta, but "Jane Rotella" is fine.

Also, Jett?

Are random nouns now names for humans?
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:22 am

I don't mind Jett, but it doesn't seem like a girl's name. But then, the only Jett's I've heard of before are Jett Lucas (George's son) and "The Famous Jett Jackson", both boys. I guess Hank Williams, Sr., had a daughter named Jett, too, but I hadn't heard of her until I Googled "Jett" just now.

I mean, no matter how much I wish my own mother had said it, you can't exactly say to the father of your child "You have a stupid sounding name and I don't want to give it to our kid."

Sure you can. There's no rule that the baby has to have the father's surname. Or even the mother's. You could give the child a completely different name entirely if you wanted to. Reminds me of the scene in Father of the Bride II: "Are you telling me I could have a granddaughter named Sophie Zenkman?"
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:36 am

I agree that Jett sounds like a guy name. The only Jett I know is a 60 something dude, totally New England preppy type. His last name is Black.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:06 am

Obviously, Lisa Ling and her husband are huge Joan Jett fans! I bet they love rock 'n' roll!

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:15 pm

The only Jett I know is a 60 something dude, totally New England preppy type. His last name is Black.

That...is awesome. Is he a vampire?
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Holly Madison doesn't care that you're all haters. See, if you want your kid to have an unique name, you have to assume some people are going to think it's silly, and you just have to ignore it instead of being like, "Oh guys, you're such haters."
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:27 pm

Unlucky Bear, he might actually be a ember of Vampire Weekend if he's got a New England vibe going on.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:52 pm

If she doesn't care what people think, why is she blogging about it? If you're going to give your kid an unusual name, own it. Don't get pissy and defensive when you hear peoples' reactions.

Oh, and can I just say that I love the assumption people make about kids with unique names? They seem to think a unique name will guarantee a unique personality, or a "strong" one. It doesn't. I can name dozens of people with common names who are interesting and creative and all that good stuff. I can also name people with weird names who are quiet and sort of blend in with the crowd. If she wants her daughter to learn to stand up for herself, she should just teach her that. The name itself isn't going to do jack-shit when it comes to teaching her how to be a strong person.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 pm

I went to college with a girl whose middle name was, literally, Unique (spelled "Unik") and she was, not surprisingly, a gigantic asshole.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next