Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

+118
Heather
mayram
SelfAmused
Pop'n'Fresh
year of the cat
katbeth
xyzzy
nazlan
particle_person
allochthonous
LadyGayle
Coneycat
Gilraen
Tabby
gannetguts
rat kitten
Fraoch
queenofdenile
Algae
Escape
Red Wolf
Swarley
choubetcha
jstilwe
ariadne
bbridges
Cynara
epudom
Matinee
mialoubug
mandalaya
schwa
Never Enough
GoodbyeWithWords
puddingcup
Corvus
Agent Sculder
UmaOprah
Luthien
dinahmoe
Renny Sue
rivki8699
chibimanda
Gillian
PrincessCleo
grayel
eco
sen3
Brainchild
Raksha
tothemax
oxymoron
Eris Rising
QueenSix
sobe
mokey75
demgirl
jcpdiesel21
dionneshea
Lindsay Weir
Cutebutpsycho
lisa
big chicken
Decca
Jude
Miss Moneypenny
naughty zoot
MtOlivePickles
ActonBell
RubyTuesday
MichiSichi
Esseilte
Lis
jaraga
BrightEyes
Grainne Mhaol
The Lady of Shalott
Bob Genghis Khan
Morning Angel
Crowbridge
Poubelle
Sheli
blixie
emrie
maxell131313
nikita
katesti
MLIS
The Glen
punkysdilemma
swsa
Lily Rose
caltrask55
sagitare
Unlucky Bear
laddical
Ceci
narfzz
bookworm
Raised by wolves
TiffanyNichelle
blooey
Genevieve
Carrie Ann
slmader
BreezyK
Melk
Kiran
Jasmine
Jessica
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
Binky
whatthedeuce
Auroura76
Putli Bai
eventide82
Arabella
122 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 30 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:35 pm

dinahmoe wrote:I agree that Jett sounds like a guy name. The only Jett I know is a 60 something dude, totally New England preppy type. His last name is Black.

Hee. When I saw the name Jett, this was the first thing I thought of.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 30 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  slmader Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Edward Norton to become a father any day now.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Just watching Jax Ingo Rademacher on Dancing with the Stars now reminded me that he actually named his child Peanut. Is that the worst celebrity baby name ever or is Bronx Mowgli still worse?

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:13 am

Audio Science gets my vote.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:14 am

Pilot Inspektor is in the running, too.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:14 am

Gaia is far from the worst, but I've always found it more appalling just because Emma Thompson seems smart and levelheaded enough not to saddle her kid with a weird name.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:19 am

I've never thought Gaia was a weird name. A little hippiesh sure, but its a totally legit name.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodbyeWithWords Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Wasn't Gaia what they called Mother Earth on Captain Planet?

To be a truly bad baby name it has to have a bad first name and a bad middle name, too. Peanut is awful, but Kai is okay. Audio Science is woeful all around. I guess he could go by Sci?

GoodbyeWithWords

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Gaia was the goddess of the Earth in Greek Mythology and Zeus' first wife.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:20 pm

I thought the mythological Gaia was mother of the Titans and thus Zeus' grandmother. Not that that necessarily means she wasn't his wife too, since the the Greek gods rolled like that.

Peanut is a terrible name, but it makes me laugh. Audio Science and Pilot Inspektor just fills me with WTF?

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Gaia was a consort of Uranus, Zeus and Poseidon. Depending on which story you follow, he was born of Rhea but raised by Gaia and fathered two sons with her, Orion and I cant remember the other one. Gaia was mother to the Titans with Uranus but, being Mother Earth, gave birth to more than two dozen other deities, either alone or with others. She was very busy.
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Harmony Korine, writer/director of Spring Breakers, apparently named his daughter Lefty Bell. Ugh.

(This should probably be cross-posted in Celeb Dumb Quotes, because I discovered it after seeing this on Tumblr. Chagrin!)
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:21 pm

He would. He is the worst. I hate his films and their try-hard edginess.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Peanut and Lefty Bell? That's definitely Audio Science/Pilot Inspektor levels of badness.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Don't forget Penn Jillette's daughter, Moxie Crimefighter. I think that might actually be the worst.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:45 pm

I hate myself for NOT hating Pilot Inspektor. I know it's a dumb name, but I also find it cute. I think the "k" in Inspektor make the spelling charming. Now I'll go see myself out. Sorry for crashing the name-hating party. *hangs head in shame*

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:51 pm

That's OK, whatthedeuce. I'll confess that I like Moxie Crimefighter. I think a girl named Moxie isn't going to let a lot of things in life push her around.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Yeah, that one's actually quite adorable, too. I'd never actually dare name a child anything that bizarre, but I quite like it and find it whimsical. The Crimefighter bit is a tad too much, but I don't object at all to the name Moxie as a stand-alone.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:Yeah, that one's actually quite adorable, too. I'd never actually dare name a child anything that bizarre, but I quite like it and find it whimsical. The Crimefighter bit is a tad too much, but I don't object at all to the name Moxie as a stand-alone.
I quite enjoy this name. I kind of wish it were my name.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:45 pm

I like both Moxie Crimefighter and Pilot Inspketor.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Ahhh, it seems a few of us weird name lovers are coming out of the woodwork! I feel less strange about thinking those names charming now.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Probably totally not true, but The Sun says Kim and Kanye will be naming their baby North.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:12 pm

I actually love looking at that word, come to think of it, so North is actually kinda cool. Also, North West doesn't really lead to much, joke-wise.. It's just a direction, but no funny words.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 pm

I actually love looking at that word, come to think of it, so North is actually kinda cool. Also, North West doesn't really lead to much, joke-wise.

Are you kidding me?
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 pm

I don't know. I think South would be much worse cuz you could make Dirty South and sexual innuendo jokes. North West just sounds dumb, but not especially joke-worthy. I can be very obtuse though so...

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next