Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Playing At a Theater Near You

+124
themis
xyzzy
weathergal
PirateCatarina
The Glen
The Dude
filwdork
aninnocent
katbeth
salamandersam
wenchsenior
CaroJC
rivki8699
emrie
PineappleGirl
Kookla
vwlphb
Matinee
Grainne Mhaol
Soleil
Arabella
blooey
ulkis
Skyblade
sunni94
schwa
Agent Sculder
Swarley
Rhilin
Escape
puddingcup
jstilwe
Paris, Texas
Jordan Baker
bbridges
Algae
Sheli
CherryFlame
punzy
bosoxgirl
Wildog27
jensa
Wilhelmina
Jude
Decca
tchaikca
Poubelle
draco vulgaris
Miss Moneypenny
chibimanda
Dachelle
Raksha
easybreezy
mandalaya
BreezyK
Bad Username
eco
FiggyPudding
Shalamar
SarahJanet
Fiammetta
Coneycat
katesti
Luthien
Jamie
Brainchild
QueenSix
BrightEyes
killershrew
darthtall
slmader
dionneshea
bookworm
mayram
Morning Angel
Menshevixen
MaddyCat
harvey the penguin
eventide82
epudom
Binky
truecrystal
curryalley
Auroura76
Crackie
Cynara
inversed
MtOlivePickles
Snarryfan
ActonBell
tothemax
swsa
sagitare
Gillian
Case
big chicken
Unlucky Bear
alexdegenhardt
biakbiak
mokey75
Gallifrey Girl
mrinsouciance
Jessica
Instant Monkeys
naughty zoot
blixie
molliewollie
Red Wolf
whatthedeuce
Cutebutpsycho
Kiran
nikita
jcpdiesel21
Ceci
TiffanyNichelle
Carrie Ann
Corellderaan
jaraga
MLIS
Gilraen
RiverThames
queenofdenile
Putli Bai
laddical
128 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Now Playing At a Theater Near You - Page 11 Empty Re: Now Playing At a Theater Near You

Post  biakbiak Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Yeah they changed the title from Neighborhood Watch after the Trayvon Martin killing. Though they still kept a scene in the trailer where it shows them calling 911 and the 911 operator telling them not to follow the aliens and let the authorities handle it, so they clearly didn't any other changes.

I mean it's obviously not the movie's fault, just incredibly bad timing.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Now Playing At a Theater Near You - Page 11 Empty Re: Now Playing At a Theater Near You

Post  Dachelle Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 am

I am going to see The Watch purely because Richard Ayoade's in it, and I'm so excited to see him in a movie that I'm willing to overlook, well, anything else. Also, I do have some goodwill for Ben Stiller because he produced Richard Ayoade's directorial debut, Submarine, which was my favorite movie of last year.

Dachelle

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:39 am

I know! I hadn't even heard of this movie until I saw the trailer before The Amazing Spider-Man. As soon as I saw him, I kinda shrieked out "MOSS!!!" next to my friend.
chibimanda
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:08 am

The trailer is awful. I saw it in front of Magic Mike, with an audience that was clearly in a good mood, and it didn't get one laugh.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:12 pm

mokey75 wrote:Safety Not Guaranteed. I mostly liked it, but towards the end, it got kind of annoying. However, I totally want to hang out with Aubrey Plaza and Jake Johnson. (Or as my husband refers to him "Not Charlie," because he reminds him of Charlie from It's Always Sunny.) (He DID date The Waitress on New Girl.)

I saw this yesterday and nearly liked it. It was on the verge of being charming but it's hard to make movies about disaffected hipsters.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:29 am

I saw Celeste and Jesse Forever tonight, and wow, talk about emotional weariness. I felt so beat up about halfway through the movie. Rashida Jones and Andy Samberg had great chemistry together, and Rashida really tore me to shreds in so many scenes. I'm used to seeing both actors in comedic roles, but they more than handled the gravitas of their parts with great efficiency. Elijah Wood was a pleasant surprise as I had no idea he was going to be in the film, and his awkwardness as Rashida's gay business partner was hilarious! The soundtrack was awesome, too.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:01 am

Step Up 4. Yep, that's right. I spent money to watch the sequel to the sequel to the sequel to the movie that launched Channing Tatum. And it was AWESOME! The plot was totally clichéd and predictable, and cribbed kind of heavily from Dirty Dancing, but the dance scenes were incredible, they were flash mobs turned up to 11. I recommend it for anyone who even remotely likes dance movies.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Menshevixen Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:22 am

I saw Beasts of the Southern Wild last weekend and cried my eyes out. What a movie.
Menshevixen
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:30 pm

I also just saw Beasts of the Southern Wild. Everyone keeps asking me what it's about and all I can think to say is that it's about a little girl who learns her place in the universe.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:04 pm

That sounds very cryptic and ominous.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm dying to see that.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:21 am

Those right there are the three movies out in the theatre right now that I am DYING to see. I love my daughter, but man does she put a crimp in my moviegoing style.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:21 am

I'm also dying to see Beasts of the Southern Wild, but it's not playing anywhere within a reasonable driving distance of my house.

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Going to see The Bourne Legacy tomorrow afternoon. I've had a crap week, and watching Jeremy Renner and his magnificent arms beat people up for an hour and a half sounds like just what the doctor ordered.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:29 am

I can't go until Sunday and I can't wait! Jeremy Renner's arms (beating people up or otherwise) can totally brighten any day!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:26 am

Saw The Bourne Legacy and while Jeremy Renner was awesome, the movie felt like a 2 hour set up for the real Bourne movie they're going to make next. There was a LOT of exposition about secret projects and super duper secret projects and not nearly enough about, you know, the characters. The action was good but there wasn't enough of it, and the final action scene went on for what felt like an hour and ended all weird-like. Ultimately, it wasn't a bad movie but rather...unsatisfying.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:54 am

What truecrystal said. I liked the relationship between Renner and Weisz' characters, but the whole thing played like the pilot episode of an action show. Less talking, moar ass-kicking plz!
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:40 pm

I have to agree with both of you, when the end came up I was a little confused because it felt like nothing really happened. It was all set up, I was waiting for what was going to happen next, the main point of the story.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:04 am

curryalley wrote:I also just saw Beasts of the Southern Wild. Everyone keeps asking me what it's about and all I can think to say is that it's about a little girl who learns her place in the universe.
I just got back from seeing it, and that's an excellent description. It was so beautiful and moving, and I hope it doesn't get forgotten during awards season. Both the little girl and the actor playing her father deserve Oscars.

It's also the first movie I've seen all year where I had a "how did they they do that?" moment (apparently, trained animals and forced perspective).

(I think I heard my date sniffling at one point towards the end.)
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  tchaikca Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:52 pm

I am so jealous of all of you who saw Beasts of the Southern Wild...it's not playing anywhere near me (yet). A friend posted the trailer on Facebook and it looks AMAZING.

I did recently (last weekend) see Total Recall . I was a fan of the original (the old Arnie movies are just so campy and fun), loved the book (We Can Remember It for You Wholesale), and Colin Farrell is my movie-boyfriend.

The Good:
I LOVED the sets (much more reminiscent of BladeRunner than the original Total Recall), the acting was fairly good, there was some good nearly-naked Colin moments (yay!), and there was a lot of action.I felt like the changes they made to the story (trying not to spoil here) from the original film were really well done, and they left in a lot of nods to the original.Thankfully, they didn't try to give Farrell the "Arnie One-Liners" which would have been super-cheesy.

The Bad:
WAY WAY WAY too much Kate Beckinsale. I actually like her ok as an actress, but the wife (Sharon Stone) in the original was a fairly small part with a little bit to do, but dispatched fairly quickly. Beckinsale was like the freakin' Terminator who would not die in this movie, and was in the movie far too much. (is it because it was directed by hubby? who knows) I didn't feel like I knew ANYTHING about Biel's character (Melina) at all...and I'm not sure if it was because she didn't have much to do, or she wasn't very good at doing what she did have to do.

Overall? I enjoyed it, didn't feel like I wasted my money, and it kept me entertained. I was very relieved it didn't suck...I had pretty low expectations.

tchaikca

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:27 pm

So... The Bourne Legacy. Felt like there was a reel missing. What exactly happened to Joan Allen and David Strathairn? Where did Edward Norton and Donna Murphy disappear to for the last thirty minutes? How did they find an Asian guy who looks just like Karl Urban did in Supremacy?

SO MANY QUESTIONS.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:48 pm

tchaikca wrote:
The Bad:
WAY WAY WAY too much Kate Beckinsale.

I'm sorry, this sentence makes no sense to me.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Decca Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:56 am

Just saw Beasts of the Southern Wild - and oh my god, it was so lovely and amazing. Quvenzhané Wallis is a tiny, adorable genius. Dwight Henry as her dad was fantastic. I loved everything about it and want everyone to see it if they can. Hopefully it will come to more places, since the response has been so good.

Decca

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 pm

My friend made me go see Hope Springs with her today. It was pretty basically meh. The acting by Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones was good as expected, but I found it kind of painful to watch, and a little too precious at the end. All in all, not a movie I'd ever choose to see again, though I imagine older couples might like it if they're into that sort of thing.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Menshevixen Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:03 pm

The Expendables 2 was everything I hoped it would be.
Menshevixen
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next