Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities and the Law

+96
BrightEyes
megageek
truecrystal
wenchsenior
vwlphb
00redsvt
Lily Rose
jstilwe
mandalaya
bbridges
shanndee
blooey
RubyTuesday
Raised by wolves
PrincessCleo
Shadowlass
Putli Bai
punkysdilemma
emrie
choubetcha
mayram
QueenSix
Grainne Mhaol
Melk
mialoubug
slmader
Coneycat
big chicken
Gallifrey Girl
TiffanyNichelle
puddingcup
Morning Angel
gannetguts
Instant Monkeys
Matinee
queenofdenile
epudom
salamandersam
oxymoron
Genevieve
Never Enough
Cynara
dionneshea
Carrie Ann
mokey75
filwdork
Swarley
The Glen
chibimanda
Arabella
Snarryfan
mrinsouciance
Escape
Skyblade
Francie Nolan
Miss Moneypenny
Crowbridge
CherryFlame
Red Wolf
Raksha
whatthedeuce
punzy
dreago
LadyGayle
Binky
bookworm
inversed
dinahmoe
eventide82
Cutebutpsycho
Case
themis
Poubelle
sagitare
biakbiak
ActonBell
Wildog27
lisa
laddical
tothemax
Decca
Eris Rising
nikita
Unlucky Bear
naughty zoot
blixie
Kiran
caltrask55
Jude
swsa
year of the cat
jcpdiesel21
katesti
particle_person
xyzzy
The Dude
100 posters

Page 16 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Go down

Celebrities and the Law - Page 16 Empty Re: Celebrities and the Law

Post  inversed Fri May 24, 2013 11:34 am

Can't say we didn't see that one coming. Poor girl seems to be following the Lindsay Lohan trajectory.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri May 24, 2013 12:14 pm

Her mugshot is very sad. I really hope this gives her parents enough leeway to intervene.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 pm

It's making me wonder about that item out there that Faux RDJ was spreading and makes me feel extra sympathetic and question if her parents actually care.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri May 24, 2013 1:13 pm

Yeah, I forgot about those rumors. I just remember reading on ONTD that her parents moved to L.A. when she first started melting down, in order to help her, but then she moved to NYC to get away from them. So I assumed they must care.

Sadly, I have my doubts they'll manage to hold her for anything, so she'll be back home, tweeting up a storm in no time.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Fri May 24, 2013 11:59 pm

swsa wrote:Sadly, I have my doubts they'll manage to hold her for anything, so she'll be back home, tweeting up a storm in no time.
She's already at it.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat May 25, 2013 9:15 pm

I don't even know how they came up during our lunch, but my mom said she feels sorry for the "hot messes" that Lindsay and Amanda have become and that it's sad that there's a big chance they'll both die very young. At least Amanda's parents seem to wanna help get her back on the right track. Lord knows Dina and Michael Lohan aren't doing shit for Lindsay.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun May 26, 2013 10:16 am

She's becoming such a Lindsay, it's making me sad.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun May 26, 2013 11:30 am

Crowbridge wrote:She's becoming such a Lindsay, it's making me sad.

I dunno, Lindsay's problems largely seem to stem from a combination of immaturity, compulsiveness, and substance abuse. Amanda Bynes honestly seems to be exhibiting some kind of psychiatric disorder. The police took her for a psychiatric evaluation (just because they didn't keep her only means she not a danger/threat to herself/others) as if something were overtly WRONG.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sun May 26, 2013 11:43 am

I dunno, Lindsay's problems largely seem to stem from a combination of immaturity, compulsiveness, and substance abuse. Amanda Bynes honestly seems to be exhibiting some kind of psychiatric disorder.

Completely agree. I never try to diagnosis people based solely on public behavior but Amanda seems so much sadder because it seems she has been spirialing out of control in a way that seems to be nearly text book! She reminds me of Natasha Lyonne much more than Lindsay. I only hope she can recover like Natasha seems to have done.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun May 26, 2013 5:05 pm

Yeah, you can't really tell, but there seems to be some serious bipolar stuff happening here. If anything, it's closer to the Britney breakdown of several years ago.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun May 26, 2013 5:32 pm

I just meant it in that both of their lives are messes, right now. Both of them make me sad.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 pm

Keyshawn Johnson chases down Biebs, calls police on him.

I debated whether to put this here or Celebrity Feuds, but either way, it's delightful.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue May 28, 2013 6:16 pm

The football player is in a Prius and Biebs was speeding around in a Ferrari. That seems appropriately backwards to me.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Tue May 28, 2013 8:49 pm

This is how celebrities should entertain us.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue May 28, 2013 9:20 pm

I like this sorta news because it's laughable, entertaining, and because no one actually got hurt. The idea of Biebs getting chased by an NFL player is just marvelous. Too bad SNL has ended its season already because I would have loved to see the incident lampooned in a sketch and during Weekend Update.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed May 29, 2013 5:20 pm

Mara Wilson has written a funny and truthful explanation of why Child Stars Go Crazy.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Wed May 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Evidently we are going to need a Child Star +WiG Alert System.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Thu May 30, 2013 8:12 am

My brother once pointed out to me that the reason little kids get cast in movies is generally not because they can act, but because they have the right look. Which means a lot of them won't ever have a career as an adult actor, because they couldn't actually act in the first place.

Which is why I love the story of Peter Ostrum, who played Charlie Bucket in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, never acted again, and is now a large-animal vet who cheerfully turns up for the occasional cast reunion. Actually, all the kids from that movie seem to be okay.

It's lovely to see Mara Wilson being okay and sensible and funny like this.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Thu May 30, 2013 9:27 am

My brother once pointed out to me that the reason little kids get cast in movies is generally not because they can act, but because they have the right look.
That makes a lot of sense.

Mara Wilson's article is great and IIRC while she was making Matilda, her mother died of cancer. So not only does Mara have a great perspective on her childhood acting career, she also managed to get through a very difficult (or most probably the hardest) situation a kid could face and ended up with her head on straight. That's fantastic.

It seems to me that the more a kid actor is seen as the family meal ticket (a la Lohan, Shields and Bonnaduce) the worse their problems are with family, drugs and money in their future. I want to link it to being in Hollywood but IMO it's just the nature of the family. Healthy families don't expect their kids to support them and fucked up families would be just as fucked up but not have tabloid clipping scrapbooks.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu May 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Raised by wolves wrote:.

Mara Wilson's article is great and IIRC while she was making Matilda, her mother died of cancer. So not only does Mara have a great perspective on her childhood acting career, she also managed to get through a very difficult (or most probably the hardest) situation a kid could face and ended up with her head on straight. That's fantastic.

Wow, wikipedia confirms her mother died when you said. How awful.

Her article is really good, without attacking any of the child stars who didn't turn out as well. I'm glad she had parents who didn't view her as a windfall or an opportunity to live a vicarious celebrity life. She points out other factors, but of the childstar disasters, the public knows far more about their parents then, say, we do Mara's.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Fri May 31, 2013 7:58 am

Raised by wolves wrote:Mara Wilson's article is great and IIRC while she was making Matilda, her mother died of cancer. So not only does Mara have a great perspective on her childhood acting career, she also managed to get through a very difficult (or most probably the hardest) situation a kid could face and ended up with her head on straight. That's fantastic.

Wow, yeah, and it certainly speaks well of how her dad/rest of the family handled it and her-- remembering she was a little kid and not, as you say, a meal ticket. Wasn't Shia LeBoeuf also kind of supporting his family with his earnings? As you say, that kind of thing screws up the family dynamic, putting a responsibility on a kid that they're not equipped to handle. No wonder some of them go so badly off the rails.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri May 31, 2013 10:48 am

I remember reading a GQ article about Shia LeBeouf's childhood that stuck in my head. It was that horrifying. His parents were hippies, and did in fact rely on him to support them, they all put him to work in a family clown act, before he called for an agent. His dad was a heroin addicted Vietnam vet, and apparently was banned from the Disney lot.

Like, I'm not surprised he seems to have a lot of issues.

The surprising thing with Amanda Bynes is I've always heard her parents are nice normal people. Dentists who didn't really want her in the business. I think she is one of those people that may have a chemical imbalance and fame and attention is not helping, but its not necessarily a parental issue.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:40 am

I feel like maybe there should be a celebrity arrest pool, because whoever would have had Pia Zadora for domestic abuse would have cleaned up big time.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:34 am

Warrant issued for New England Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez on obstruction of justice. The charges stem from him possibly destroying evidence related to the murders of his "associate" who was also dating his sister.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next