Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 25 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:54 pm

That sounds about right though, again, I haven't seen the show since the series finale aired.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Just started watching Orphan Black - I think this is going to be a great ride! The main actress looks distractingly like Deb from Napoleon Dynamite though.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Thank you! I knew she looked like someone but just couldn't remember who!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:15 am

inversed wrote:Just started watching Orphan Black - I think this is going to be a great ride! The main actress looks distractingly like Deb from Napoleon Dynamite though.
I just finished and it was so good. I really thought it wasn't going to live up to the hype but it really did for me.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:00 pm

I've fallen down the PBS rabbit hole & loving it! Am regularly watching William & Mary; Masterpiece Theatre; & the occasional non-fiction segment (like show on montezuma; Egypt).
I keep missing the series on English royal palaces which they air every Sunday @8pm (I think).

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:15 pm

I've been watching Under the Dome, but not for much longer, I think. The whole "keeping a girl hostage in an old fall-out shelter" storyline is so disgusting and frustrating that it makes me want to stop watching the show all on its own. If she's not out next week, I quit. It's also annoying how they drum up fake drama by having characters not ask questions that any reasonable person would ask, like "Hey, is it true you beat up that kid? WTF was that about, bro?" It's getting to the point where I want to smack about 2/3 of the characters.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:52 am

Keeping her hostage in the fallout shelter is a step up from her fate in the book, where she died in the first chapter. Then Junior stuffed her in the pantry of her house, along with the body of another girl he ended up killing. And then, whenever his headaches overwhelmed him, he'd go "hang out with his family" as it were, in the pantry, until he and Big Jim hit on the plan to frame Barbie for their murders.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:59 am

...Jesus Christ.  Now I'm glad I had to move before I got up on the wait list for that book at my old library. I really, really hope they aren't going there on the show. Britt Robertson deserves better!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Spartacus: Blood and Sand (the first season). It's cheesy and soapy and the actors are hamming it up something fierce, but it's the first show in a long time that has had me gaping in shock on more than one occasion. The writers must have had so much fun with it.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:04 am

Dying over The Wire season 4. Auuuuuggghhh. That was so good.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:35 am

I know I am the only person currently watching True Blood, and even I only care about three things: 1) NOOOOOOO TERRY 2) I love Jessica; I think she might choose to meet the sun and if so she'd take the last interesting character arc on this show with her and 3) I ship Eric/Willa for DAYS. I don't even know.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:07 am

I'm still watching True Blood but only out of habit. They can (and should, probably) kill of anyone but Eric and I'd be totally fine. I do like Jessica, though. And that little whatever-it-was with James last episode was...intriguing.

Still, people need to start dying yesterday on that show.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:31 pm

My mom, sister, and I are nearing the end of the fourth season of Friday Night Lights. Nooo, I don't want it to be over!

Why isn't Coach Taylor my dad? Why wasn't Tami Taylor my principal in high school?

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:13 pm

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:30 pm

The page title is correct. I DO wish that were real. Perfect casting for sure.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:40 pm

That Daria trailer is amazing. Someone needs to make that actually happen.

Five years behind the rest of the world, I'm finally watching Breaking Bad. And now I'll stop bitching about Cranston always winning the Emmy (though I do wish they'd thrown Jon Hamm a bone the off-year).  I'm hoping to be mostly caught up before the second half of the final season starts, so I'm mainlining them.

We've also started Orange is the New Black, but we've only watched two episodes so far.  It's good, but I find it ... depressing? Off-putting? I dunno. I think the story is interesting, and the actors and characters are great, but I feel drained after watching an episode.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:35 am

I binge watched the entirety of The Walking Dead. Zombies are not normally my thing, but I needed to procrastinate didn't have another drama I hadn't watched yet. I will admit the gore is right on the edge of my taste level and seems to fluctuate weirdly from barely there to OMG EW, but I watched the whole series so obviously I dealt with it.

I had sort of observed this comment about the show just from my friends and the media, but I definitely felt a downturn in quality and sense-making in the latter half of the last season. Basically everything having to do with the Governor seemed like it would makes sense in a comic book and just didn't on TV. Hopefully the new season is better.

I would also like to say something swoony about Norman Reedus, who is stupid hot for a not my type at all 46 year old guy.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Lincoln Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:42 am

Binge watching is the only way I can sit through the show, otherwise it's just too slow week to week. I can't exactly articulate why aside from some basics (large cast, disaster survival, Rick and Daryl are the Jack and Sawyer equivalents), but The Walking Dead reminds me A LOT of Lost, except if you only used all the bad/boring/dumb parts and none of things that made Lost compelling.

Evil Lincoln

Back to top Go down

Post  Francie Nolan Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:Dying over The Wire season 4. Auuuuuggghhh. That was so good.

I just finished it and I'm so emotionally exhausted I'm not sure what to do with myself.  So good--I think it's my favorite season so far.

Francie Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Francie Nolan wrote:
Instant Monkeys wrote:Dying over The Wire season 4. Auuuuuggghhh. That was so good.
 I just finished it and I'm so emotionally exhausted I'm not sure what to do with myself.  So good--I think it's my favorite season so far.
Season 4 is the best. I didn't dislike season 5, but after season 4 there was pretty much no surpassing that. Season 5 ties up some things narratively, but Season 4 is what I think of when I think of The Wire.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Finished watching the entire season of Orphan Black which was aaaaaaawesome. But now I don't have a show to binge on, I feel so bereft.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:16 am

I watched the first episode of The White Queen. I know next to nothing about the War of the Roses, but I'm guessing there are more than a few liberties taken with history. Plus, Edward looks like he just walked off a Boy Band video shoot. But I liked it. It definitely fills the Soapy Show With Pretty People void.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:36 pm

My PBS station is re-running the first two "seasons" (as if 4 episodes could be considered a season, come on now) of Sherlock. So now I get Masterpiece Mystery on Sunday and Sherlock on Monday and I am a happy camper! (The actor who plays Moriarty was on Foyle's War last night. I guess I know now why he became a criminal mastermind!)

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:18 pm

I watched the first episode of The White Queen. I know next to nothing about the War of the Roses, but I'm guessing there are more than a few liberties taken with history. Plus, Edward looks like he just walked off a Boy Band video shoot. But I liked it. It definitely fills the Soapy Show With Pretty People void.
I liked it. re: the casting, Edward was 22 years old at the time of his getting married and kinda of basically the equivalent of a medieval boy band member, in that he was personable and ladies loved him, so it's actually pretty good casting, heh. But I do think he's good in general.

The magic annoys me (it's not like there are so many shows/movies about the Wars of the Roses that they needed a new twist) but as long as it's kept confined I can try and overlook it.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Has anybody been watching the UK version of Being Human? It just had its series finale. And BBC America cut 15 out of each of the last two episodes, so huge bits are missing from the show's last episodes ever. Badly done, BBC America.

For people who haven't watched, I recommend it. Seasons one, four, and five are great (seasons two and three are a bit of a slog). It's Buffyesque in its mixture of scares, humor, and characterization. I know a lot of people stopped watching because of
Spoiler:

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next