Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 32 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:28 pm

I've enjoyed the current season of White Collar.  For me, the show works better when Peter and Neal aren't as trusting and bromance-y as they've been in recent years.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:32 pm

For me, the show works better when Peter and Neal aren't as trusting and bromance-y as they've been in recent years.
I actually agree, but I don't care for the villain this season. I don't know if it's the actress or the writing, but it's hard to link the supposedly brilliant yet reprehensible actions attributed to the character to the simpering weirdo worshipping at Neal's feet.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:01 pm

I actually agree, but I don't care for the villain this season. I don't know if it's the actress or the writing, but it's hard to link the supposedly brilliant yet reprehensible actions attributed to the character to the simpering weirdo worshipping at Neal's feet.
I just did a big season catch-up, and the villain works slightly better for me now that she's a villain. When she was just the girlfriend, she had me missing Hilarie Burton (I love her unabashedly) something fierce. She was so...blah. I mean, her hair is seriously glorious, but other than that, meh. I hope she goes away after this season. I seriously had no idea why Neal liked her so much, and now she's evil, so bye now.

I love bromancy Neal and Peter, but I also like it when there's tension. I am sad, though, that Peter doesn't seem sadder about leaving New York. Won't you miss your bestie, Peter? Even a little? I'm sure he won't end up going, but he doesn't know that yet!

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:01 am

Is anybody watching Helix? I started recording it because io9 recommended it, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. So I've now got 4 or 5 unwatched episodes taped, but I haven't heard anything else anywhere. No buzz? Worth a look?

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:35 am

I watched the first few episodes of Helix and have 2 more piling up on my DVR, but IDK if I'm going to watch or just delete.  Not that interested.  For me the biggest problem is it's got a weak plot essentially,
Spoiler:
It's sloooow as shit also.  I don't think I know any more after the third episode than I did the first.  

Why is this episodic and not a 2 hr. movie?  I suggest Polizzard.  Polar Bear DNA mixed with lizard DNA and a blizzard.   Suck it, Sharknato.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:51 am

Why yes, I did in fact marathon the entirety of the second season of House of Cards, and I do not regret a single moment of it.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:04 pm

I'm halfway done with House of Cards. Robin Wright is the shit.

Anyone watching Black Sails on Starz? I'm really enjoying it so far. It's smarter than I expected, much like Spartacus, with a focus more on pirate and smuggling politics than swashbuckling at least so far.  And even when I find the pacing somewhat slow there's a whole lot of pretty to keep me going, also much like Spartacus. My crush on Jessica Parker Kennedy has grown even more since The Secret Circle, and Tom Hopper who plays Billy Bones has really, really good arms.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:16 pm

truecrystal wrote:... and Tom Hopper who plays Billy Bones has really, really good arms.

Well I'm sold! As soon as it comes out on Netflix/Amazon Prime anyway.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:19 pm

I've watched a couple episodes of Black Sails. It didn't really grab me the same way Spartacus did, though, because the dialogue isn't as snappily hilarious. I was hoping for more Batiatus-style entertainments.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:45 pm

I enjoy it for the pretty, but yeah it's not amazing.

My crush on Jessica Parker Kennedy has grown even more since The Secret Circle, and Tom Hopper who plays Billy Bones has really, really good arms.

hee. yeah, you wouldn't expect it because his face makes him seem like he's gonna be lanky but those are some huge arms.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Is anyone else watching Enlisted on FOX? I recorded the first few episodes based solely on the fact that Parker Young was a total delight on Suburgatory, watched them this weekend, and now I'm going to have to find the rest on demand or something because this show is super fun. The chemistry between the three brothers is fantastic, and Chris Lowell is in it! I don't know why I'm still so surprised every time I like a FOX sitcom. Since I like this one, I am of course dreading its imminent cancellation.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:21 pm

I am enjoying it as well. Even the episodes that didn't have Parker Young being naked. The chemistry with the brothers is fabulous! I also enjoy Keith David.

It's ratings are shitty but it does pick up with DVR viewings and Fox executives have said they understand that Friday night is tough and they are realistic about the ratings but of course that doesn't mean it won't be cancelled.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:21 am

Every episode of Enlisted has made me laugh out loud at least once.  It's a hidden gem but I do think it's not long for this world.  I hope biakbiak is right and they manage to fit it into the schedule next season somewhere other than Friday.  
Tom Hopper who plays Billy Bones has really, really good arms.
He played Percival on Merlin and his chain mail had short sleeves. It was ludicrously anachronistic but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:19 am

Vikings really is Battlestar Galactica to Game of Thrones' Star Wars.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:30 pm

Really? I guess I'll give it another try. I found the first episodes really slow and boring, especially the lead guy's performance.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Eh, to us it was more like "We're trying really hard to be Game of Thrones, but no one here can really carry it."
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:23 am

The 70's BSG. Absolutely no twist in the plot and it's just so flat and perfunctory. Here's Gabriel Byrne again to tell us how his sons were killed... and that's it.

God Donal Logue has been terrible lately! Here, Copper, SoA...

However, Camelot is Turkish Star Wars on this scale.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:38 am

Donal just got cast in the straight to series Gotham on Fox, I still miss Terriers!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:44 am

I hope he rebounds. Start by not doing an accent!

Vikings really is closer to the tabloid history shows that have been aping and falling short of Rome, like The Tudors and The Borgias. However, it lacks the guilty pleasure of gratuitous nudity or John-Rhys Meyers and Jeremy Irons not chewing the scenery, but unhinging their jaw and swallowing the scenery whole.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

Well, no gratuitous nudity in the American version of the show. My mom told my cousin in Australia about the show, so he tracked it down and watched it with his mom because they're both big history buffs. Apparently, the international version is...very different than ours! That was very awkward for him.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:48 pm

I've been watching Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23 on Netflix Streaming, and I think I may be in love with Krysten Ritter.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:22 pm

I'm really enjoying Broad City. It's like an actually funny, non-annoying version of Girls.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:43 pm

Shadowlass wrote:I've been watching Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23 on Netflix Streaming, and I think I may be in love with Krysten Ritter.
I'm still so upset that they cancelled that show. It was SO funny, and they had really hit their stride in terms of cast chemistry and developing each character and relationships between all the characters. I miss it so much.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:45 pm

I watched the mini-series Top of the Lake on Netflix.  I'd heard good things, I know it was nominated/won a bunch of awards. I like Elizabeth Moss, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I was disappointed.  I thought it might be a bit like Broadchurch, mystery set up in the first episode, and then suspects set up/ruled out as the series went on. It started out that way, but never ended up with many 'suspects'.  The acting and scenery were great - I didn't even realize that Faramir was in it til the last episode, when I noticed David Wenham's name in the credits and thought it rang a bell! D'oh!

There was an entire subplot that took up an enormous amount of time (at least a couple of the six hour total) that could have been completely discarded. I think the whole thing would have been better as a two hour tv movie than a mini-series.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:08 pm

dionneshea wrote:
Shadowlass wrote:I've been watching Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23 on Netflix Streaming, and I think I may be in love with Krysten Ritter.
I'm still so upset that they cancelled that show. It was SO funny, and they had really hit their stride in terms of cast chemistry and developing each character and relationships between all the characters. I miss it so much.

It would be a great show for Netflix to start producing!

Gallifrey Girl wrote:I watched the mini-series Top of the Lake on Netflix.  I'd heard good things, I know it was nominated/won a bunch of awards. I like Elizabeth Moss, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I was disappointed.  I thought it might be a bit like Broadchurch, mystery set up in the first episode, and then suspects set up/ruled out as the series went on. It started out that way, but never ended up with many 'suspects'.  The acting and scenery were great - I didn't even realize that Faramir was in it til the last episode, when I noticed David Wenham's name in the credits and thought it rang a bell! D'oh!

There was an entire subplot that took up an enormous amount of time (at least a couple of the six hour total) that could have been completely discarded. I think the whole thing would have been better as a two hour tv movie than a mini-series.

I really looked at the show more as an examination of the effects of rape culture than as a standard mystery. The mystery was secondary.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next