Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 31 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  eventide82 Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:25 am

bbridges, I haven't watched it, but it's based on a series of books by an Australian author named Kerry Greenwood, and there are heaps of them. My mum and sister read them and love them, so it's worth checking out the books if you enjoy the series! I think season 2 is airing here now (or has just finished airing).
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:26 am

Grainne Mhaol wrote:I'm mainlining The Fall, a miniseries starring Gillian Anderson as a detective investigating a series of killings in Belfast. Jamie Dornan plays the killer, an apparently normal, family man who stalks women at night. It's not exploitative or gruesome, but manages to draw you into the characters' lives, even the killer, which is a bit disconcerting.

Ooh, I really enjoyed The Fall. The new season apparently starts production this month!

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Netflix just added twelve seasons of Murder, She Wrote so…that is what I will be watching for the next several months.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:04 pm

choubetcha wrote:Netflix just added twelve seasons of Murder, She Wrote so…that is what I will be watching for the next several months.

That's been on Netflix for awhile. I know this only because despite owning all 12 seasons on dvd (plus the dvd of the 4 truly terrible TV MSW movies)...I'll still end up turning on an episode of MSW when I'm cruising Netflix. It's the ultimate comfort TV for me.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:52 pm

I just started watching Scandal on Netflix.  So good! Had a marathon to watch the short (7 episodes?) first season, and have begun season 2. BUT!  My lovely Desmond from Lost was in it (albeit without the awesome accent), and now that I'm in season 2 he's gone. Very sad.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:33 pm

mayram wrote:
choubetcha wrote:Netflix just added twelve seasons of Murder, She Wrote so…that is what I will be watching for the next several months.

That's been on Netflix for awhile. I know this only because despite owning all 12 seasons on dvd (plus the dvd of the 4 truly terrible TV MSW movies)...I'll still end up turning on an episode of MSW when I'm cruising Netflix. It's the ultimate comfort TV for me.

This made me go investigate, and apparently it's showing up as new because Netflix pulled it in October. I didn't even know it was on then so I am unconflicted about its reappearance but some of the titles that popped up in my google search are FULL of outrage. My favorite is "Geniuses at Netflix pull Murder, She Wrote."

People need Jessica Fletcher, Angel of Death!

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Ha, I remembered that as soon as I posted it, there was some minor hand-wringing over in the Twop thread about it.

I kinda wish the internet (and the crazy fan outrage brigade) had been around back when CBS screwed the show over by pitting it against the monster NBC Thursday night line-up, I think Angela had a few more seasons in her. :)

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:54 pm

Suppose I decided that I wanted to start watching Sleepy Hollow. It looks like there have been 10 episodes so far, but I can only find the latest 5 anywhere. Before I shell out $3 apiece on iTunes or investigate alternative means of procurement, does anyone happen to KNOW if they're available anywhere? I looked on Comcast On Demand, Hulu, Netflix, and the Fox site. Has there been any talk of like, a catch-up marathon? FX? Just thought I'd ask.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:14 pm

I started re-watcing/watching Prison Break on Netflix. Re-watching Seasons 1 & 2 and will be watching Seasons 3 & 4 for the first time when I get to them.

I'm only 9 episodes into re-watching the first season, but I'm remembering how much I loved Season 1 originally. The ridiculousness of it all, how much I want to punch T-Bag in the dick, how dumb Sucre was, etc. - I loved it all.

I vaguely remember parts of Season 2, so when I get there in the re-watch I know there will be a lot I don't remember. After Season 2 is when I checked out in its original run.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered they somehow milked two more seasons out of it? I'm just curious how on earth they did that - hence, the reason I'm watching the whole series again. Since I haven't seen seasons 3 & 4 at all, I can only imagine the craziness/lameness/utter stupidity I am in for. Can't wait.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:57 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:Suppose I decided that I wanted to start watching Sleepy Hollow. It looks like there have been 10 episodes so far, but I can only find the latest 5 anywhere. Before I shell out $3 apiece on iTunes or investigate alternative means of procurement, does anyone happen to KNOW if they're available anywhere? I looked on Comcast On Demand, Hulu, Netflix, and the Fox site. Has there been any talk of like, a catch-up marathon? FX? Just thought I'd ask.

FX had one back in October, but I didn't see anything in a quick search.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:02 pm

IM, they do run random marathons on either FOX or FX lately. Maybe check the schedules before the show comes back from winter hiatus? Otherwise you're welcome to come to Illinois and watch all the episodes I have saved on our DVR.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Well, since I'm already in the habit of letting myself into your house when you're just trying to hang around in your bathrobe, perhaps you'll wake up one morning to find me on your couch watching all your Sleepy Hollow episodes, eating all your snacks and criticizing your housekeeping.

Some sort of supernatural force has caused the first couple of episodes to magically appear on my computer, so, that worked out well. I'm going to keep an eye out for marathons too though. Thanks guys!
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:54 am

Instant Monkeys wrote:I just read a book about the Tudors and I am now going to be commencing the period in which I am obsessed with the Tudors. So I think I might start with The Tudors. Since there was a marathon on BBC America (which I was aware of thanks to an FB post from Unlucky Bear; thanks, UB!), I just DVR'd a few, but it's also on Netflix so I'll just start at the beginning. I also am probably going to have to watch, and perhaps even read, The Other Boleyn Girl.

Have you ever watched "Anne of the Thousand Days" with Richard Burton? That's a good one.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:04 pm

double post. not sure how that happened.

Last edited by emrie on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:32 pm

Did anyone else watch the first episode of The Assets?  I liked it a lot; it's more intelligent than the average network prime time fare, and reminded me of a somewhat more accessible Tinker Tailor.

I also noticed there are a bunch of British actors playing Americans; I looked up the production company on imdb but didn't see any particular evidence that they are anything other than a U.S. company.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:34 pm

emrie wrote:I'm 13 years behind, but I just started watching Band of Brothers which I avoided for a long time because I couldn't handle war movies. It is devastatingly good. I'm about halfway through and
Spoiler:
None of my friends will watch with me, so I'm left blubbering and pondering it by myself. It's so damn good. Damnit, I hate war, but I still get really inspired by the bravery and incredible action that happened.

Heather's recaps keep making me cry.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  snorf Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:34 pm

We just started watching Weeds. My husband tries to fast forward through the theme song but I love it. Wiki tells me they take it away in Season 3 which should please him.

snorf

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:56 pm

The opening credits to the few episodes of Weeds I watched were the best part about the show, I thought.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  snorf Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:13 pm

Wikipedia tells me that was the format between season 3 and 7. Season 1, 2, and 8 have the song "Little Boxes"

snorf

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:15 am

Mr Snorf and me must have had the same music teacher that was way too into her autoharp and made us sing that shrill song.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:52 am

The trailer for Outlander!

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:36 am

I'm gonna be watching sometimes through my fingers because I think it'll hit my cheese limit a lot (I read the first book) but it looks fun.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:16 am

Alright fine, mom, I'll watch freaking Game of Thrones!

I'm only 2 1/2 episodes in and I already want to set all the Lannisters on fire. Except for Tyrion, of course.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:47 am

The latest installment of The Greatest Event in Television History is my favorite one to date. It's like Paul Rudd is trying REALLY HARD to remind me how adorable and funny he is to make me forget that his last few movies have been terrible.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Just finished glomming White Collar on Netflix and caught up to what's currently being aired. I think the last season was probably the series peak--everything seems to be going downhill right now. Still, very enjoyable popcorny entertainment.

Also caught the first three episodes of True Detective. Christ. What an amazing show. It's like.. if Hannibal and The Wire had a baby that was raised by Se7en.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next