Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 33 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  blixie Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Hey. I think at this point a mystery that's not ABOUT the mystery is more common than a mystery that is, I feel like people who pitch feel it necessary to build in that aspect as a selling point, just to get the green light. ToL is next on my "catch up" list of shows along with the Return which I think is finally streaming somewhere on one of the multiple freaking services I pay for.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:13 pm

I finally started watching House of Cards. Yes, it is gripping, and I'm dying to find out what happens in the next episode, but oy it is dark. Not surprising since it is a show about Congress.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:30 am

Did anyone else watch Cosmos? We thought it was awesome. Plankton was watching it with us and he was just amazed.

First, during the introduction, NDT was showing how small we are. Plankton told me that there have to be aliens since the universe is way to big for there not to be something else out there. I loved how they went for the multiverse theory right off the bat.

Later, he told me that watching this should have been assigned as homework because it explains so much science and even social studies. He was enthralled.
Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:53 am

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that Plankton liked the show, Algae! I love seeing kids fascinated by science.

I really liked Cosmos. I love NDT anyway, and thought he did a good job with the idea of scale - the vast size of the universe and using the cosmic calendar to demonstrate the time lengths involved. I also had never heard that story about Carl Sagan hosting a teenage NDT at Cornell. It made me a little verklempt.

Obama introducing the series! That was a surprise.

I knew Ann Druyan was an executive producer for this show, but didn't realize than Brannon Braga, of Star Trek, was also one.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:12 pm

Loved Cosmos! NGT is fabulous. I can't wait till my son is old enough to enjoy it!

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:41 pm

We had a viewing party last night to watch it, and then like halfway through, realized we should have been DRINKING cosmos as well. DAMMIT.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Is anyone else watching The Red Road on Sundance? It's about (so far) several members of two families in a small town and the complicated relationships and politics they're dealing with. One family is Lenape Native American and are dealing with all that poverty, racism, and disenfranchisement, and the other is the white family of a police officer whose daughter is dating one of the Lenape kids and whose wife
Spoiler:

I'm enjoying it so far.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:15 am

Arthur, the world's most boring champion, finally got bested last night on Jeopardy! Normally I like seeing folks go on long winning runs, but Arthur was just so dull.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:37 pm

I'd been waiting to see Jeopardy! because my mom keeps talking about how annoying Arthur is, and then when I finally catch an episode, it's his final one. I must have jinxed him. Sorry, not sorry, Arthur.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Just watched The Bletchley Circle on Netflix and loved it. Is there more of this show or was it only the three episodes? Four intelligent women solving a crime and not a patronizing sentence written for any of them. Great stuff.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:34 pm

There are at least two more coming, I believe they have filmed but don't know when they are premiering.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:16 pm

I hadn't planned on watching this season of Dancing With The Stars but I love Meryl Davis and Charlie White so I got sucked back in. What's surprising me so far are how well so many people are doing. Danica McKeller, Candace Cameron Bure, Amy Purdy, and James Maslow are definitely holding their own, too. I also think Erin Andrews is vastly better than Brooke Burke; Tom Bergeron is, as always, fantastic; and the judges continue to be pompous windbags.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:38 am

On a whim, I added this BBC miniseries called Human Planet to my Netflix queue and I'm so glad I did! It's amazing! Each episode takes a general kind of habitat, like rivers or the arctic or deserts, and travels all over the world to examine the huge variety of ways humans have adapted to living in that environment and the ways their cultures are shaped by their environments. Just seeing the amazing diversity in human lives all over the world would be fascinating enough, but this show is also incredibly gorgeous. They use some fancy HD type cameras and the camera crews have fantastic eyes for cinematography. It's so beautiful!

Also, it's narrated by John Hurt, so if you're so inclined, you can pretend The Doctor is telling you stories about how amazing humans are.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:28 pm

So I finally got to see last night's Lost Girl season finale. *takes a deep breath*

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK???:

I do adore Tamsin more and more, though. I loved her relationship with Kenzi this season, especially. She called her Mom!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:20 pm

On Continuum I feel bad for Kiera being separated from her husband and son and all, but that future is a fucking nightmare. I'm totally rooting for Liber8, you guys.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:04 am

Raksha wrote:So I finally got to see last night's Lost Girl season finale.  *takes a deep breath*

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK???:

I do adore Tamsin more and more, though.  I loved her relationship with Kenzi this season, especially.  She called her Mom!

I'm with you, Raksha, I don't know what happened with this past season.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:38 am

Has anyone else watched Sirens on USA? It hits all my sweet spots. Funny, profane, and a little bit gross.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:32 pm

I've been meaning to try it because I heard the original UK series was hilarious, and the promos for the US version crack me up!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:25 pm

Raksha wrote:On Continuum I feel bad for Kiera being separated from her husband and son and all, but that future is a fucking nightmare.  I'm totally rooting for Liber8, you guys.

Yeah, just when I thought they've shown the worst part of the future along comes some other horrible thing.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:41 pm

Anyone else watching Jim Henson's Creature Shop? As a big fan of Face Off, I find this to be very similar (and, clearly, they're kind of being packaged together). My only quibbles are (a) so far it seems like they all need more time because there's always a couple of teams who like, don't finish and that's not my favorite (that may be stuff they'll tweak in subsequent seasons if there are any), and (b) the conflict/drama is a little more jacked up than on Face Off, where it's blissfully pretty much nonexistent. (Just a bunch of artists working their butts off for each challenge and being mostly supportive of each other.) One girl that made me really twitchy is gone, so I'm happy about that, and this most recent episode was the first non-team challenge so that helped.

It's so weird to me seeing Brian Henson looking older than the way I picture his dad. It's hard for me to watch this show without being sad about Jim Henson dying so young. But, Junior seems to know his stuff.

I tell anyone who will listen to watch the hour-long making-of documentary that comes on the DVD of Labyrinth, so clearly, this is up my alley. The kind of goofy vibe of the creatures they make appeals to me and it's fun watching them collaborate with the puppeteers. I hope it keeps going after this season.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:15 pm

I'm watching it too, and enjoying it. It's so very very similar to Face Off in its execution (and that's a good thing!).

I still get sad about Jim Henson passing away so young.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:54 am

So late to the party, but my older sis and I started watching Game of Thrones, and now all I want to do is watch that damn show. I wanted to abandon my own BFF last night because I was dying to go home and finish S1. I'm miffed that I already know pretty much all the major deaths coming up over the next two seasons, but whatever. The writing and characters are so incredible, and I love all the Starks now even though only Arya made a strong positive impression on me in the first novel.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri May 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Watched the season finale of Person of Interest. If that was a series ender, I would be bereft as it ended on a very melancholy note. I'm looking forward to season four now to see how they come back from them having to go on the run.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sat May 17, 2014 12:54 am

Since I've been a fan of Batman: The Animated Series for years, I decided to finally get around to watching all the other DC Animated Universe shows, most of which are all available on Netflix. So in the past couple of weeks I've managed to watch Batman Beyond, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited, all of which I've enjoyed immensely. Kevin Conroy is pretty much the best Batman ever, and his voice work is so great on ALL those shows. And I LOVED the subtle pairing of Batman and Wonder Woman.

I'm just about done watching Green Lantern: The Animated Series, and it's so well done, it really is a shame it was cancelled after only one season. I'm really, really impressed with how each episode builds on the previous ones, so it's all a cohesive story. Razer and Aya's whole story arc is just breaking my heart. It really is amazing how in ONE season they jammed in SO much stuff from the whole Green Lantern universe, including the Red, Blue, and Orange lanterns as well as the Star Sapphires. The 3-D animation is probably the weakest aspect of the show, but the voice work and story lines are impeccable.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  darthtall Sat May 17, 2014 5:10 am

Oh, god, Agent Sculder, I wept during the final episode of GL:TAS. Stupid awesome cancelled show!

If I remember correctly, the show creator, Giancarlo Volpe (who also worked on Avatar the Last Airbender), used to meet up with fans in LA to watch the episodes as they came out. Why you gotta destroy such a beautiful thing, Cartoon Network?

darthtall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next